- How Low Will China's Economic Growth Be?
January 14 2014 6:25 AM
Here are economists' estimates for China's Q4 GDP, Dec. factory production, FX reserves, bank lending, FAI and retail sales.
- Why Indonesia's Economic Sky Should Clear In 2014
January 14 2014 6:20 AM
Last year was rough for Indonesia, with fuel-price hikes and rising inflation, but things are expected to change this year.
- South Korea Prefers China Over The TPP
January 13 2014 10:45 AM
South Korea says it will push for a South Korea-China free trade agreement over joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) this year.
- 10 Things To Expect From China In 2014
January 13 2014 3:18 AM
An executive at consulting firm McKinsey & Company has drawn up a list of 10 things that could dominate the Year of the Wooden Horse.
- Kudos To Myanmar: It's No Longer The Riskiest Country For Businesses
January 08 2014 2:56 PM
The Southeast Asian nation, while still one of the riskiest countries for companies, has made considerable progress.
- Will Russia's Economy Hit Olympic Heights In 2014?
January 08 2014 10:27 AM
Last year, Russia's economy barely grew. What's in store for 2014?
- The Outlook For China's Property Market
January 08 2014 5:57 AM
A major bank has pertinent thoughts on this key real estate market.
- In Pakistan, It's 'Three Cheers For Bollywood'
January 07 2014 11:51 AM
The release of "Dhoom 3" (or any such product from India) in Pakistan raises a raft of thorny and confusing legal questions.
- Where W. Europe's Seniors Are Looking To Access Affordable Health Care
January 06 2014 12:33 PM
The number of people who reach their 80th birthday will quadruple to almost 400 million by the year 2050,
- The Year Of Horse For Vietnam
January 03 2014 7:45 AM
Economists say the main bright spots in 2014 for Vietnam will continue to be export-oriented firms.
- Singapore's City Of The Future And The Ghost Of Tom Joad
January 02 2014 1:09 PM
Singapore is one of the wealthiest countries on earth, its stunning economic growth made possible by a global phenomenon -- legions of officially sanctioned, often exploited migrant workers.
- Why China's Local Governments Will Never Default
January 02 2014 11:38 AM
Beijing is too concerned about growth to allow local governments to default. The best way to get rid of maturing debt? Roll it over.
- China Manufacturing PMI Falls
January 01 2014 10:03 PM
Growth in Chinese manufacturing activity slowed in December, according to two separate surveys.
- How China's Ballooning Local Gov't Debt Endangers Its Economy
December 30 2013 11:12 AM
China's total government debt amounted to approximately 53 percent of GDP. By comparison, the U.S. has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 73 percent.
- How Quickly Is China's Economy Gaining On The US?
December 27 2013 10:39 AM
While the U.S. eventually will lose its position as the world’s largest economy, this day is now expected to come later than previously forecast.
- China's Smog Too Thick For Santa To Fly In
December 26 2013 8:45 AM
While China's GDP growth slowed again in 2013, it's still growing too fast, and the cost is environmental degradation.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- Japan: 7 Themes To Watch In 2014
December 24 2013 6:52 AM
Here’s a rundown of what economists think are the major local events/themes that will shape Japan’s economy and markets in 2014.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course On Monetary Policy
December 19 2013 11:03 PM
The BoJ said that Japan's and the world's economies are recovering moderately, but a lackluster recovery is seen in the latter.