- India’s Central Bank Raises Key Rate
January 28 2014 1:16 AM
The Reserve Bank of India is working to devise a policy that can revive growth while controlling near double-digit inflation.
- Here’s How Much Digital Trade Affects Economies
January 27 2014 12:10 PM
Countries with significant constraints on Internet use are losing out on average 2.5 percent of their annual GDP.
- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- These Are The Unhappiest, Happiest Workers In Asia
January 22 2014 2:12 PM
Almost two-thirds (64 percent) of Singaporean workers plan to quit their jobs over the next 12 months.
- Do We Still Need Banks?
January 22 2014 9:48 AM
At Davos, researchers from Swiss banking giant UBS released a provocative white paper on global banking, trade and technology.
- Is Pakistan's Energy Solution The Sun?
January 21 2014 2:16 PM
Pakistan is far behind India and Bangladesh in solar power development.
- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- Thailand Protests, Myanmar Suffers
January 16 2014 11:13 AM
Thai political strife is reaching beyond its own borders as Thailand-Myanmar joint projects are shelved.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- How Low Will China's Economic Growth Be?
January 14 2014 6:25 AM
Here are economists' estimates for China's Q4 GDP, Dec. factory production, FX reserves, bank lending, FAI and retail sales.
- Why Indonesia's Economic Sky Should Clear In 2014
January 14 2014 6:20 AM
Last year was rough for Indonesia, with fuel-price hikes and rising inflation, but things are expected to change this year.
- South Korea Prefers China Over The TPP
January 13 2014 10:45 AM
South Korea says it will push for a South Korea-China free trade agreement over joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) this year.
- 10 Things To Expect From China In 2014
January 13 2014 3:18 AM
An executive at consulting firm McKinsey & Company has drawn up a list of 10 things that could dominate the Year of the Wooden Horse.
- Kudos To Myanmar: It's No Longer The Riskiest Country For Businesses
January 08 2014 2:56 PM
The Southeast Asian nation, while still one of the riskiest countries for companies, has made considerable progress.
- Will Russia's Economy Hit Olympic Heights In 2014?
January 08 2014 10:27 AM
Last year, Russia's economy barely grew. What's in store for 2014?
- The Outlook For China's Property Market
January 08 2014 5:57 AM
A major bank has pertinent thoughts on this key real estate market.
- In Pakistan, It's 'Three Cheers For Bollywood'
January 07 2014 11:51 AM
The release of "Dhoom 3" (or any such product from India) in Pakistan raises a raft of thorny and confusing legal questions.
- Where W. Europe's Seniors Are Looking To Access Affordable Health Care
January 06 2014 12:33 PM
The number of people who reach their 80th birthday will quadruple to almost 400 million by the year 2050,
- The Year Of Horse For Vietnam
January 03 2014 7:45 AM
Economists say the main bright spots in 2014 for Vietnam will continue to be export-oriented firms.