- China’s Official Manufacturing PMI Rises To 51.0% In August From 50.3% In July
August 31 2013 9:49 PM
Activity in Chinese manufacturing sped up recently, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
- Predictions Vary On HSBC China Manufacturing PMI
August 31 2013 10:12 AM
Some analysts expect growth while others predict continued contraction in China’s factory activity in the HSBC-Markit PMI for August.
- Insulin Or Water? In Myanmar, You Couldn't Be Sure
August 30 2013 2:47 PM
Due to the country's severe electricity shortage, medication that needs refrigeration often becomes ineffective.
- India’s GDP Growth Disappoints In April-June Quarter
August 30 2013 8:37 AM
India's slowing GDP growth is a symptom and also a cause of the challenges currently facing the country.
- Japan Core CPI Up 0.7% In July
August 29 2013 8:04 PM
Japan's central bank's efforts to end deflation appear to be working.
- Brunei: Tiny Economy But More Robust Than The Rest Of Southeast Asia
August 29 2013 12:12 PM
The economy of the tiny sultanate is doing wonderfully, unlike its larger neighbors in the region.
- China’s Steel Industry On The Brink Of Bankruptcy
August 29 2013 6:05 AM
The first domino might fall in less than a year, posing a threat to China's economy.
- Thriving Philippines Clocks 7.5 Percent Growth
August 29 2013 2:20 AM
The Philippines remains unaffected by the general slowdown in Asia, as President Aquino’s government boosts spending.
- Why The Rupee Has Free Fallen To A Record Low
August 28 2013 3:39 PM
The makings of India's unprecedented currency collapse are basically home-grown.
- Watch Out, China, Pork-Flation Is Coming
August 28 2013 6:01 AM
Half the world’s pigs live in China and pork price is a good barometer of inflationary pressure.
- India Jump-starts $28B In Projects
August 27 2013 8:42 AM
The announcement came a day after a $20 billion food subsidy program got closer to enactment, amid worsening economic indicators.
- China's Official PMI Expected To Show Steady Manufacturing Growth
August 27 2013 6:02 AM
China’s factory activity in August is expected to grow at its fastest in three months, according to an official survey due on Aug. 31.
- Japan Is Getting The Wrong Kind Of Inflation
August 27 2013 6:01 AM
Japan’s ultra-easy monetary policy successfully drove down the yen. But a weaker yen is a double-edged sword.
- India’s Lower House Approves $19.5B Food Subsidy Program
August 27 2013 2:23 AM
The program aims to provide heavily subsidized food grains to 800 million Indians, amid worries that it could further fuel inflation.
- Not Everyone In Myanmar Is Poor
August 23 2013 11:30 AM
The country has 40 individuals with more than $30 million in assets, and that number could grow to 307 in a decade.
- Emerging Markets Currency Sell-off: No Consensus
August 23 2013 10:22 AM
The bull market in emerging markets securities has paused or ended, depending on which analyst you follow.
- Pakistan To Receive $1.5B From World Bank, $7.3B IMF Loan In Works
August 23 2013 7:55 AM
Pakistan is struggling to achieve economic stability amid a severe energy crisis, but the World Bank said the country has “many positives.”
- 7 Reasons Why You Don’t Want To Be A Farmer In China
August 22 2013 5:43 AM
A look at why China has the worst farms in the world.
- Focus On Your Factories, ADB Advises Developing Nations
August 22 2013 3:11 AM
Emerging economies would do well to focus on manufacturing despite the lure of the service sector, ADB said in an annual report.
- China's Manufacturing PMI Up To 4-Month High
August 21 2013 11:15 PM
The improvement in HSBC's manufacturing survey comes after an unexpected rebound in the official PMI reading in July.