- How China's Ballooning Local Gov't Debt Endangers Its Economy
December 30 2013 11:12 AM
China's total government debt amounted to approximately 53 percent of GDP. By comparison, the U.S. has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 73 percent.
- How Quickly Is China's Economy Gaining On The US?
December 27 2013 10:39 AM
While the U.S. eventually will lose its position as the world’s largest economy, this day is now expected to come later than previously forecast.
- China's Smog Too Thick For Santa To Fly In
December 26 2013 8:45 AM
While China's GDP growth slowed again in 2013, it's still growing too fast, and the cost is environmental degradation.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- Japan: 7 Themes To Watch In 2014
December 24 2013 6:52 AM
Here’s a rundown of what economists think are the major local events/themes that will shape Japan’s economy and markets in 2014.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course On Monetary Policy
December 19 2013 11:03 PM
The BoJ said that Japan's and the world's economies are recovering moderately, but a lackluster recovery is seen in the latter.
- Myanmar Is Doing Significantly More Business ... In Opium
December 19 2013 6:24 AM
Growing poppy is the only viable option for many farmers in Myanmar.
- Japanese Industry Activity Contracts In October
December 19 2013 12:42 AM
Industry activity in Japan, measured by the Indices of All Industry Activity, entered negative territory in October.
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- Does China Need To Worry About Its Influence In Myanmar?
December 18 2013 7:17 AM
A Chinese newspaper says Western nations cannot afford to help out Myanmar. But the rival may be closer at hand.
- India's Central Bank Leaves Key Rates Unchanged
December 18 2013 12:58 AM
The Reserve Bank of India, in its December policy review, said outlook for global growth continues to remain moderate.
- China Home Prices Keep Surging: November Report
December 17 2013 9:45 PM
Average new home prices in major cuties are up 9.9 percent, and even more in Beijing and Shanghai.
- Which Nation Is The Most Materialistic?
December 17 2013 12:37 PM
A new survey found 71 percent of Chinese gauge their success by the things they own.
- UK’s Tesco Applies To Enter Indian Market; What About Other Retailers?
December 17 2013 12:05 PM
Tesco, which is to close its unprofitable stores in Japan and the United States, seems to think India offers huge potential.
- Dec. Euro Zone PMI: Weak, Lopsided Growth
December 16 2013 5:19 AM
Factory activity was fueled by rising exports, while low demand within the euro zone suppressed growth in the service sector.
- The Poor Are Still With Us -- How Microfinance Failed
December 13 2013 8:42 PM
A cautionary tale of poverty stricken people who gave up everything, in some cases their lives, to borrow a few dollars.
- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Reading The Tea Leaves From China's 2014 Economic Policy Meeting
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The just-completed, annual, high-level meeting is closed-door, but a few themes were communicated.
- China 2014: An Important Year For Its Reform Agenda
December 12 2013 2:56 PM
GDP growth will slow just a little more in China, but that pace is in-line with the nation's plan for reform.