- Fragile Markets Could Trigger Global Recession and Drag Down US Economy
November 02 2013 4:23 PM
Economist David Levy warned in a recent newsletter that China, Japan and Europe pose a potential risk to a slowly recovering US economy.
- 8 Things You Need To Know About China's Upcoming Party Congress
November 01 2013 3:28 PM
China’s ruling Communist Party will hold the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee Nov. 9-12 in Beijing.
- Could The TPP Force China To Reform?
November 01 2013 11:39 AM
The 12-member strong trade alliance, if completed, could represent a major challenge to China.
- Where Should You Do Business In Southeast Asia?
October 30 2013 5:10 PM
The latest World Bank report ranks Myanmar and Cambodia as the worst countries in Southeast Asia for business.
- Kidneys And Livers For Sale: The Dark Side Of Microcredit Loans In Bangladesh
October 30 2013 11:48 AM
The practice of selling organs is nothing new to millions of people across South Asia.
- Can Malaysia Afford To Build A Huge Business District?
October 30 2013 5:49 AM
Malaysia is undertaking a massive business district in Kuala Lumpur, but it may not be able to afford it.
- Islamic World Should Empower Women For Economic Advancement: Malaysian PM
October 29 2013 11:10 AM
In a speech to the World Islamic Economic Forum, the head of Muslim-majority Malaysia touts the economic benefits of empowering females.
- India's Central Bank Raises Key Interest Rate
October 29 2013 2:46 AM
The second consecutive interest rate hike comes amid stubborn inflation, which is likely to remain high in coming months.
- Can China Save Debtor Local Economies And Avoid A Hard Landing?
October 25 2013 5:05 PM
China's debt-ridden local governments are testing the limits of the "you have to spend money to make money" axiom.
- New Tax For Malaysia, Sugar Subsidy No More
October 25 2013 1:13 PM
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib unveiled the nation's new budget for 2014, with expected new tax.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- One More Warning Bell For China's Economy
October 23 2013 10:46 AM
The five biggest Chinese lenders were obliged to triple bad loan writeoffs in the first half of the year.
- Malaysia To Carefully Address Alarming Debt
October 23 2013 6:26 AM
The nation's 2014 budget will be announced on Friday, and broad fiscal reforms are expected.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- The Fee For Chinese Millionaire Matchmakers?
October 22 2013 11:34 AM
It could cost 200,000 yuan just to meet your dream woman in China.
- China’s Housing Prices Rise For Ninth Month
October 21 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in new housing prices across major cities continues despite the government’s efforts to cool the real estate market.
- Japan Industry Activity Lags Expectations
October 21 2013 1:39 AM
A host of official economic indicators from Japan suggest a slight slowdown in growth.
- China's Economy On Track In Q3: Data
October 17 2013 11:13 PM
The latest official statistics show China's economy is well and truly back to its old growing habits.
- China: Political Posturing Has Hurt Economies
October 17 2013 10:54 AM
The United States has saved itself just in the nick of time, but China doesn't care, as it downgraded the U.S.'s financial rating.
- Singapore Muslims Honor Eid Sacrifice In Impoverished Neighboring Indonesia
October 17 2013 5:53 AM
Residents of Singapore are vastly wealthier than their neighbors in Indonesia.