- The Latest In Investing Chic - 'Frontier Markets'
November 21 2013 10:23 AM
These economies are characterized by immature markets, though some investors see significant rewards along with the risks.
- This Time, China Is Serious About Land Reform
November 21 2013 6:16 AM
Approximately 4 million rural people have their land taken every year, and there were 187,000 mass conflicts in 2010.
- The 10 Most Expensive Addresses In The World
November 20 2013 12:25 PM
If you live in these locales, you're not in the low-rent district.
- Chinese Military's Supercomputer Twice As Fast As US' Best
November 20 2013 11:51 AM
China has unveiled the world's fastest supercomputer, and U.S. experts are likely raising their eyebrows.
- Japan's October Trade Deficit Wider Than Forecast
November 19 2013 7:55 PM
Both imports and exports boomed, but fuel costs took a toll.
- A Billionaire Here, A Billionaire There, And Pretty Soon We're Talking About Real Money
November 19 2013 3:16 PM
The Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows that the United States has the most billionaires of any country, but Asia is catching up.
- OECD's Tepid Global Growth Outlook
November 19 2013 9:28 AM
OECD blames slower growth on an emerging-market slowdown, a struggling euro zone, and the political and monetary policy uncertainty in the U.S.
- Food Inflation Hampers Asia's Third-Largest Economy
November 19 2013 4:40 AM
Spiraling prices of onions and food grains ensure India's central bank governor is walking a thin monetary policy line.
- Australia Housing Market: First-Time Buyer Nightmare
November 18 2013 12:59 PM
Australians looking to buy their first home are being priced out by property investors.
- Economists Call Asian Growth Trend 'Boring'
November 15 2013 4:03 PM
Slow and predictable developments in export, along with political inertia, mean there will likely be few Asia surprises in the next several months.
- Malaysia GDP Shows Growth Aided By Exports
November 15 2013 6:03 AM
Higher domestic demand and a growth in exports helped the Southeast Asian nation beat GDP expectations in the third quarter.
- The Worst Is Over For Vietnam's Economy
November 13 2013 2:48 PM
After hitting bottom in 2012, Vietnam's economy is now slowly recovering.
- Top Corporate Executives Face Death Penalty In Vietnam Corruption Case
November 13 2013 2:21 AM
The Vietnamese government is using the threat of a possible death sentence to reduce the high rate of corruption in the nation.
- Was Haiyan Worse Than The Indian Ocean Tsunami?
November 12 2013 6:15 PM
Not in lives lost, but the economic impact of the super typhoon may top $14 billion, surpassing the damages from the 2004 disaster.
- Indonesia Surprises With Interest Rate Hike
November 12 2013 3:05 PM
Bank Indonesia unexpectedly increased interest rates on Tuesday in a bid to rein in soaring current account deficit.
- EBRD Region Is Growing Slower Than Expected
November 12 2013 2:30 PM
A report from the EBRD says that eastern Europe's economy is rebounding but may suffer if Russia continues its downward spiral.
- Global GDP Growth In '14: Inching Up
November 12 2013 2:02 PM
The report from the Conference Board also forecasts slow economic growth for the U.S. next year.
- Swift Recovery For Philippines Economy Seen Following Haiyan
November 12 2013 11:34 AM
Typhoon Haiyan was devastating for the people affected by it, but the country's economy will not suffer for too long, analysts said.
- Singapore Finds Cheaper Maids From Cambodia And Myanmar
November 12 2013 6:25 AM
Domestic help from the Philippines is getting too expensive, so Singapore looks elsewhere in Southeast Asia.
- Meet Eduardo Saverin, The Brazilian Visionary Who Helped Build Facebook
November 12 2013 6:22 AM
How the Brazilian went from Harvard student to billionaire -- via Facebook.