- India Jump-starts $28B In Projects
August 27 2013 8:42 AM
The announcement came a day after a $20 billion food subsidy program got closer to enactment, amid worsening economic indicators.
- China's Official PMI Expected To Show Steady Manufacturing Growth
August 27 2013 6:02 AM
China’s factory activity in August is expected to grow at its fastest in three months, according to an official survey due on Aug. 31.
- Japan Is Getting The Wrong Kind Of Inflation
August 27 2013 6:01 AM
Japan’s ultra-easy monetary policy successfully drove down the yen. But a weaker yen is a double-edged sword.
- India’s Lower House Approves $19.5B Food Subsidy Program
August 27 2013 2:23 AM
The program aims to provide heavily subsidized food grains to 800 million Indians, amid worries that it could further fuel inflation.
- Not Everyone In Myanmar Is Poor
August 23 2013 11:30 AM
The country has 40 individuals with more than $30 million in assets, and that number could grow to 307 in a decade.
- Emerging Markets Currency Sell-off: No Consensus
August 23 2013 10:22 AM
The bull market in emerging markets securities has paused or ended, depending on which analyst you follow.
- Pakistan To Receive $1.5B From World Bank, $7.3B IMF Loan In Works
August 23 2013 7:55 AM
Pakistan is struggling to achieve economic stability amid a severe energy crisis, but the World Bank said the country has “many positives.”
- 7 Reasons Why You Don’t Want To Be A Farmer In China
August 22 2013 5:43 AM
A look at why China has the worst farms in the world.
- Focus On Your Factories, ADB Advises Developing Nations
August 22 2013 3:11 AM
Emerging economies would do well to focus on manufacturing despite the lure of the service sector, ADB said in an annual report.
- China's Manufacturing PMI Up To 4-Month High
August 21 2013 11:15 PM
The improvement in HSBC's manufacturing survey comes after an unexpected rebound in the official PMI reading in July.
- Malaysia's GDP Growth Slows Amid Market Sell-Off, Concerns
August 21 2013 7:46 AM
Growth slowed to 4.3% in Q2, as the country fights to stem the recent widespread emerging market sell-off.
- Muslims Are India’s Poorest And Worst Educated Religious Group
August 21 2013 6:34 AM
Muslims are also less likely to attain higher levels of education in India than their Sikh and Hindu counterparts.
- Pakistan, Thailand Agree To Boost Trade, Investment
August 21 2013 4:40 AM
Pakistan has invited Thailand, which has slipped into recession, to invest in its crippled infrastructure and energy sectors.
- The Global Economy: Minutes Of Minimum-Wage Work To Buy A Big Mac
August 20 2013 12:41 PM
Just 18 minutes of minimum-wage work in Australia earns you a Big Mac, but in Afghanistan and India it takes around 6 hours.
- Bangladesh’s Garment Exports Surge In July
August 20 2013 6:22 AM
On Tuesday, U.S. and Canadian apparel companies are scheduled to meet in Chicago to initiate the implementation of a five-year safety plan.
- Thailand's Unexpected Recession Creates Dilemma For Central Bank
August 19 2013 11:36 AM
Thailand has become the latest emerging market to be hit by falling growth. But its central bank will likely leave interest rates unchanged.
- Myanmar Fish Exporters Grateful For EU Trade Breaks But Doubt They're Ready
August 13 2013 5:53 AM
Myanmar's fish exporters appreciate new EU's policies aiming to boost their trade but are uncertain how they will benefit.
- Japan - A Moderate Recovery Amid Lingering Uncertainty: BoJ
August 13 2013 1:24 AM
The BoJ expects an improvement in exports, corporate profits and public investment, including the housing sector.
- Tibet - The Postmodern Tax Haven: We Should Have Known
August 12 2013 10:52 AM
The Shannan prefecture in Tibet is offering tax breaks to entice private equity funds and investment companies.
- Japan’s Weak Growth Casts Doubts On Tax Hike
August 12 2013 3:08 AM
Japan’s lower-than-expected growth rate in Q2 lands Shinzo Abe in a tough spot on the question of hiking sales tax in April 2014.