- Myanmar Is Doing Significantly More Business ... In Opium
December 19 2013 6:24 AM
Growing poppy is the only viable option for many farmers in Myanmar.
- Japanese Industry Activity Contracts In October
December 19 2013 12:42 AM
Industry activity in Japan, measured by the Indices of All Industry Activity, entered negative territory in October.
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- Does China Need To Worry About Its Influence In Myanmar?
December 18 2013 7:17 AM
A Chinese newspaper says Western nations cannot afford to help out Myanmar. But the rival may be closer at hand.
- India's Central Bank Leaves Key Rates Unchanged
December 18 2013 12:58 AM
The Reserve Bank of India, in its December policy review, said outlook for global growth continues to remain moderate.
- China Home Prices Keep Surging: November Report
December 17 2013 9:45 PM
Average new home prices in major cuties are up 9.9 percent, and even more in Beijing and Shanghai.
- Which Nation Is The Most Materialistic?
December 17 2013 12:37 PM
A new survey found 71 percent of Chinese gauge their success by the things they own.
- UK’s Tesco Applies To Enter Indian Market; What About Other Retailers?
December 17 2013 12:05 PM
Tesco, which is to close its unprofitable stores in Japan and the United States, seems to think India offers huge potential.
- Dec. Euro Zone PMI: Weak, Lopsided Growth
December 16 2013 5:19 AM
Factory activity was fueled by rising exports, while low demand within the euro zone suppressed growth in the service sector.
- The Poor Are Still With Us -- How Microfinance Failed
December 13 2013 8:42 PM
A cautionary tale of poverty stricken people who gave up everything, in some cases their lives, to borrow a few dollars.
- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Reading The Tea Leaves From China's 2014 Economic Policy Meeting
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The just-completed, annual, high-level meeting is closed-door, but a few themes were communicated.
- China 2014: An Important Year For Its Reform Agenda
December 12 2013 2:56 PM
GDP growth will slow just a little more in China, but that pace is in-line with the nation's plan for reform.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows
December 11 2013 6:51 AM
A fall in imports of the precious metal helped Asia's third-largest economy post a sharp annual decline in its trade deficit.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Clues To Beijing's Thinking
December 10 2013 6:19 AM
China's annual Central Economic Work Conference, Dec. 10-12, typically includes a lengthy fiscal/monetary policy statement.
- China’s Retail Sales Beat Estimate
December 10 2013 1:32 AM
But the country's industrial production and urban investments missed forecasts.
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- Leaked TPP Documents Reveal US Pressure On Negotiators
December 09 2013 4:26 AM
The TPP treaty is at risk of failing if member nations do not allow for concessions on key national interest issues.
- China's November Exports Blow Past Estimate
December 07 2013 10:34 PM
China's exports came in well above forecasts in November, contributing to a bigger trade surplus.