- Bank Of England Policy: Steady As She Goes
March 06 2014 7:20 AM
The BOE kept its key bank rate the same, and also maintained its purchased assets at the same level.
- EU Offers Ukraine Large Aid Package
March 05 2014 9:14 AM
The economic and political tug of war over Ukraine has been pulled substantially in the direction of the West.
- Europe Q4 GDP Estimate In Line With Expectations
March 05 2014 5:17 AM
In the third quarter of 2013, GDP had grown by 0.1 percent in the euro area and by 0.3 percent in the EU.
- Eurozone Composite PMI At 32-Month High
March 05 2014 4:36 AM
While Germany’s private sector grew at its fastest pace in 2.5 years, France’s suffered a faster decline than before.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- PMI Data Bodes Well For EU, UK Factory Sectors
March 03 2014 5:18 AM
The latest PMI data showed recovery in Europe’s manufacturing sector had completed its eighth successive month.
- ECB March Meeting: More Stimulus?
February 28 2014 11:17 AM
Modest growth and low inflation keep pressuring the ECB to lower interest rates, with a high likelihood of more, potentially as early as March.
- Euro Area Jobless Rate, Inflation Hold Steady
February 28 2014 5:23 AM
Compared with December 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 17,000 in both the EU and the euro area.
- Consumer Confidence Takes A Hit In Europe
February 27 2014 5:33 AM
A sentiment indicator from the European Commission showed consumer confidence dipped while industry confidence inched up.
- UK’s Q4 GDP Estimate Matches Previous Reading
February 26 2014 4:47 AM
Also, in 2013, U.K. GDP rose a modest 1.8 percent - or below-trend for the trillion-dollar class economy segment.
- For Europe's Economy, A Ray Of Light
February 25 2014 11:52 AM
The European Commission has raised its EU and eurozone GDP forecasts, but austerity measures are nowhere near over.
- What's The Deal With The BRICS Development Bank?
February 25 2014 5:41 AM
In 2013, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa announced a plan to create a development bank, but progress has been slow.
- German GDP Estimate Shows Moderate Growth
February 25 2014 2:43 AM
Foreign trade and investments in the factory and construction sectors aided growth in the fourth quarter.
- German IFO Index Beats Expectations
February 24 2014 4:35 AM
The Ifo index is based on about 7,000 monthly surveys of companies in manufacturing, construction, wholesaling and retailing sectors.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- Feb. Euro Zone Index Confirms Growth
February 20 2014 5:10 AM
The euro zone economy continued to expand at a robust pace in Feb., but the recovery remains fragile and uneven.
- Ukraine's Economy - 10 Important Facts
February 19 2014 1:12 PM
With political violence escalating, it goes without saying that the nation's economy is vulnerable to shocks and disruptions.
- UK Jobless Rate Falls In Q4 2013, But Up From Q4 2012
February 19 2014 4:55 AM
There were 125,000 fewer unemployed people in the last quarter of 2013 in the UK compared to the previous quarter.
- Economic Sentiment For Germany, Euro Zone Hit
February 18 2014 5:34 AM
Sentiment for the next six months fell, but a current assessment statistic improved.
- Latest UK CPI, PPI Data: Slowing Inflation
February 18 2014 5:05 AM
Inflation remains contained, despite monetary stimulus, which is good news for the Bank of England.