- EU Expands Sanctions Against Russia
April 14 2014 1:46 PM
The sanctions, not specified in the initial vote, will likely include more people under asset freezes and visa bans.
- Turkey Accuses Twitter Of 'Tax Evasion'
April 14 2014 9:38 AM
Turkey Mon. urged Twitter execs to open an office and start paying taxes in the first direct talks since a short-lived two-week ban.
- Russia, China Eye Natural Gas Deal By May
April 14 2014 9:19 AM
Earlier, Russia's Deputy Premier Arkady Dvorkovich went to China as part of a delegation to discuss cooperation in the energy sector.
- Why EU, Ukraine Natgas Talks Are At Fever Pitch
April 08 2014 9:49 AM
Russia could cut off Ukraine's gas supplies, causing knock-on effects for the European Union.
- IMF Slashes Russia GDP Forecast On Uncertainty
April 08 2014 9:12 AM
The Fund underscored that geopolitical maneuvers have consequences and would substantially harm Russia's economy.
- The Ship Has Sailed For One Of Greece's Oldest Industries
April 04 2014 1:07 PM
Life in shipbuilding towns continues to worsen despite hopeful signs for the Greek economy.
- Emerging Markets Still Growing Despite This Country's Slowdown
April 04 2014 7:12 AM
The IMF's World Economic Outlook for 2014 warns that emerging market growth will be slow in the future.
- 'Big 4' European Nations Now Part Of Recovery
April 03 2014 4:45 AM
Prospects of an all-round recovery in the euro zone continue to brighten, while deflation and unemployment continue to be red flags.
- EU To Ukraine: Aid Is On The Way
April 01 2014 10:07 AM
The E.U.'s effort is expected to be supplemented by both U.S. and IMF aid packages.
- The New ‘Sick Man Of Europe’
April 01 2014 5:24 AM
France is slowly reforming itself, but it’s unlikely to see a renaissance like the one that followed Germany’s reforms in the 2000s.
- Another Ray Of Light For Europe
April 01 2014 5:23 AM
In the February data, the lowest unemployment rates were recorded in Austria, Germany and Luxembourg.
- Europe Purchasing Data Shows Reversal In Recent Trend
April 01 2014 4:41 AM
Germany added more jobs than expected while its factories slowed down, official data show, even as France and Spain stepped up.
- These Satellites Are Certain To Assist Africa's Development
March 31 2014 4:02 PM
At the U.N. Africa Forum in Brussels this week, officials will discuss plans to use data from satellites to help deal with climate change and promote development.
- How One Tech Entrepreneur In Ukraine Is Scrambling To Save His Industry
March 31 2014 12:07 PM
In Ukraine's growing tech sector, highly skilled workers are fleeing Russian rule in Crimea to work in western parts of the nation.
- Euro Zone Flirting With Dreaded Deflation
March 31 2014 11:56 AM
The drop in inflation to the lowest rate since 2009 may pressure the ECB to take radical action to prevent a sustained decline in prices.
- UK’s Q4 GDP True To Estimates
March 28 2014 5:49 AM
Service sector growth remained the strongest contributor, while output in the construction sector fell, according to ONS.
- Putin's Crimea Grab Seen Backfiring
March 27 2014 11:31 PM
Russia's economy could fall into recession for the first time since the 2008 global financial crisis.
- Emerging Market Stocks - Next Asset Class For The Hot Money?
March 25 2014 9:43 AM
Emerging market stocks represent startling good value for those willing to brave geopolitical risk, according to a New York investment bank.
- Input Prices Pull Down UK PPI
March 25 2014 6:02 AM
The slowing in the rate of CPI was in line with expectations, but the fall in PPI and input prices came in below estimates.
- Sentiment About Future Dips In Germany: IFO
March 25 2014 5:26 AM
The reading on an index measuring expectations about the future of the economy came in below consensus estimates.