- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- Fitch Ratings Upgrades Greece's Top Banks
May 16 2013 1:49 PM
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Greece's top banks' long-term issuer default ratings.
- RBS To Cut 1,400 Jobs Over 2 Years At UK Head Offices
May 16 2013 11:29 AM
The lender says the job reductions are part of efforts to restructure its retail division's head office and customer-facing positions remain.
- Europe's No. 2 Economy Falls Into Double-Dip Recession
May 15 2013 10:44 AM
German exports and investments fell in the first quarter as French exports declined, too, for the second quarter in a row.
- Housing Starts Among Key Economic Reports May 13-17
May 11 2013 10:36 AM
Economic reports this week may cast light on how long the current U.S. and Japanese stock-market rallies might last.
- 3 Reports Say Global Economy Isn't Going Gangbusters
May 10 2013 5:24 AM
Analyses indicate the recovery is actually faltering, based on multiple economic and market variables.
- Germany's Economy - Expanding Or Flat-lining?
May 08 2013 10:47 AM
Output in the euro zone's best performing economy ended Q1 on a high note, but the gains aren't expected to last.
- Which Cities Do Billionaires Prefer?
May 07 2013 11:28 PM
After three years, New York is back as the city with the most billionaires. Click through to see where you'll find the richest.
- Roberto Azevedo To Become Next Head Of WTO
May 07 2013 2:30 PM
Brazil's candidate for director-general of the World Trade Organization has been chosen for the position, replacing Pascal Lamy.
- Zut! France In Recession Again
May 07 2013 12:37 PM
France's economy fell into recession in the first quarter, according to figures set to be released on Wednesday.
- EU Takes Dim View Of Euro Zone's Outlook
May 03 2013 5:05 PM
The European Commission attempted to stress growth in its forecast, albeit in a pretty pessimistic way.
- With Europe Reeling, ECB Drops Interest Rate To 0.5%
May 02 2013 8:10 AM
High unemployment and a slew of other bad economic news made the ECB's decision to slash its benchmark interest rate a no-brainer.