- Greek Unemployment Rate Refuses To Inch Down
December 11 2013 5:53 AM
A stubborn jobless rate keeps Greece reeling under austerity measures put in place after the nation's debt crisis.
- German Inflation Steady In November
December 11 2013 3:01 AM
Low energy prices helped Germany's consumer inflation rate to hold steady in the month of November.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Italy Stops Shrinking While UK Continues To Grow
December 10 2013 6:47 AM
Data on industrial production from around Europe painted a mixed picture about the health of the region's economy.
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- German Industrial Output Slips Unexpectedly
December 09 2013 6:38 AM
Analysts had expected industrial production to gain momentum in October. Instead, it raises concerns about the state of the economy.
- Germany's Trade Surplus Narrows In October
December 09 2013 2:49 AM
Germany’s exports to EU member states grew by 2.1 percent while imports rose by 3.1 percent.
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.
- Which Country Has The Highest Retirement Age In The Developed World, At 69?
December 06 2013 10:08 AM
Retirement shouldn't take up more than two decades according to the U.K. government.
- Bank Of England Offers No Surprise
December 05 2013 7:35 AM
The U.K.’s central bank maintained the status quo on its key rate and policies amid a steady recovery and dropping inflation and unemployment.
- British Pig Semen Worth Millions?
December 04 2013 10:26 AM
David Cameron has pushed through a deal to export pig semen to China.
- The Greek Economy's Glaring Social Cost
December 04 2013 9:29 AM
Almost a quarter of Greeks are at risk of poverty, according to recent Greek government statistics.
- GDP Estimate Confirms Q3 Slowdown In Europe
December 04 2013 6:00 AM
France and Italy recorded a quarterly decline, while the UK’s GDP expanded.
- Euro Zone, UK: Mixed Economic Signals
December 04 2013 5:12 AM
Germany led gains in the euro zone, while France and Italy reported declines, and the U.K. maintained strong service sector growth.
- UK Manufacturing Shines, Euro Zone Recovery On Track
December 02 2013 5:54 AM
The latest PMI data show that the UK recorded a 19-year high in output and new order growth, while the euro zone continues to recover.
- Euro Zone Unemployment Falls For First Time Since 2011
November 29 2013 6:41 AM
Unemployment in the euro zone fell for the first time in 33 months, while inflation showed modest improvement.
- WTO Dec. Summit Preview: Bali Or Bust
November 27 2013 7:16 AM
Here's a preview of the WTO’s last-ditch effort to pass watered-down but "deliverable" elements of the Doha Round of trade talks.
- Second UK Q3 GDP Reading: Growth Confirmed
November 27 2013 5:14 AM
The UK grew at its fastest rate in three years, but the pace of growth continues to stay below pre-recession levels.
- Which Governments Are The Most Generous?
November 22 2013 3:04 PM
Despite donating the most in dollar amount to humanitarian causes in 2010, the U.S. was not the most generous country in the world.
- UK Autumn Statement: What To Expect
November 22 2013 1:28 PM
The statement provides an update on the government’s plans for the economy based on the latest forecasts.