- US Markets Shake Off Asian Jitters For Now
May 23 2013 10:50 AM
Investors seemed to weigh the Asian market sell-off and Europe decline against a stream of encouraging news about the U.S. economy.
- Euro Zone Private Sector Misses Again In May
May 23 2013 7:55 AM
The euro zone purchasing managers’ index for May shows that businesses are still contracting. Meanwhile, the U.K. reported flat Q1 growth.
- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- Fitch Ratings Upgrades Greece's Top Banks
May 16 2013 1:49 PM
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Greece's top banks' long-term issuer default ratings.
- RBS To Cut 1,400 Jobs Over 2 Years At UK Head Offices
May 16 2013 11:29 AM
The lender says the job reductions are part of efforts to restructure its retail division's head office and customer-facing positions remain.
- Europe's No. 2 Economy Falls Into Double-Dip Recession
May 15 2013 10:44 AM
German exports and investments fell in the first quarter as French exports declined, too, for the second quarter in a row.
- Housing Starts Among Key Economic Reports May 13-17
May 11 2013 10:36 AM
Economic reports this week may cast light on how long the current U.S. and Japanese stock-market rallies might last.
- 3 Reports Say Global Economy Isn't Going Gangbusters
May 10 2013 5:24 AM
Analyses indicate the recovery is actually faltering, based on multiple economic and market variables.
- Germany's Economy - Expanding Or Flat-lining?
May 08 2013 10:47 AM
Output in the euro zone's best performing economy ended Q1 on a high note, but the gains aren't expected to last.
- Which Cities Do Billionaires Prefer?
May 07 2013 11:28 PM
After three years, New York is back as the city with the most billionaires. Click through to see where you'll find the richest.
- Roberto Azevedo To Become Next Head Of WTO
May 07 2013 2:30 PM
Brazil's candidate for director-general of the World Trade Organization has been chosen for the position, replacing Pascal Lamy.
- Zut! France In Recession Again
May 07 2013 12:37 PM
France's economy fell into recession in the first quarter, according to figures set to be released on Wednesday.