- Euro Zone Inflation Hits 3.5-Year Low In September
September 30 2013 7:28 AM
The unexpected fall cast doubt on the region's recovery and all but ensures an extension of the ECB's ultra-loose monetary policy.
- German Retail Sales Rebound, But Growth Below Expectations
September 30 2013 3:25 AM
German retail sales grew 0.5 percent in August on a monthly basis, after a decline of 0.2 percent in July.
- European Economic Sentiment Improves Sharply
September 27 2013 7:02 AM
The EU’s economic-sentiment indicator in September rose above its long-term average for the first time since July 2011.
- UK GDP Estimate Disappoints
September 26 2013 7:00 AM
Consumer spending, investment and trade fell short of estimates but a rebound in household income was the silver lining.
- Kazakhstan Boasts A Very Healthy and Green Economy
September 24 2013 10:03 PM
Barely 20 years old, Kazakhstan has developed into a self-sustaining and model economy where green energy and development is paramount
- Narrowing Gender Gap Boosts GDP: IMF Study
September 24 2013 3:09 PM
A new report from the IMF outlines the untapped potential of a worldwide female labor force that still isn't going to work.
- German IFO Inches Up Yet Disappoints
September 24 2013 6:40 AM
Businesses in Germany continued to be optimistic about the economic climate in Europe's largest economy for the fifth-straight month.
- Euro Zone Manufacturing, Services Expand In September
September 23 2013 5:15 AM
The euro zone service sector saw the largest rise in activity since June 2011, while the manufacturing expansion rate slowed.
- 4 Things To Know About Sunday’s German Election
September 20 2013 3:39 PM
Germany’s general elections are this weekend. So who is likely to win?
- EU Lifts Sanctions On Zimbabwe Diamond Company: Who Benefits?
September 20 2013 10:35 AM
Belgium has been a big proponent of removing sanctions on Zimbabwe's diamond industry.
- Financial Crisis Caused Rise In Suicide Rate: Study
September 20 2013 9:42 AM
According to a study, countries with the highest unemployment rates saw the suicide rate increase.
- Icelandic PM Rips European Union Over Financial Crisis
September 20 2013 5:44 AM
Five years after the financial crisis, Iceland has turned its back on EU negotiations, claiming that Europe has learned nothing from the crisis.
- UK Retail Sales Post Surprise Fall In August
September 19 2013 7:20 AM
Analysts had expected retail sales to rise by 0.4% in August.
- BoE Members Unanimous On Bank Rate, Stimulus: Minutes
September 18 2013 7:54 AM
Members unanimously kept the interest rate and asset-buying steady, noting that the jobless rate was not a "trigger" for policy decisions.
- Greek Tourism Spending Helps GDP Growth, But Just Briefly
September 17 2013 11:17 AM
Increased tourism spending in the summer of 2013 could contribute to the best GDP growth figures Greece has seen in five years.
- EU Sentiment Improves Sharply, UK Inflation Dips
September 17 2013 7:35 AM
UK inflation dipped marginally, while economic sentiment in the euro zone and Germany, as measured by the ZEW index, improved sharply.
- Like Colombian Camembert? Get It While You Can
September 17 2013 5:47 AM
Have you ever had Barranquilla parmesan or Bogotá mozzarella? Soon enough, you might not be able to.
- European Economies Still Most Dominant Globally: Study
September 16 2013 10:55 AM
It might come as a surprise, but European economies leave the United States trailing in their wake, new figures reveal.
- Euro Zone Inflation Drops Well Below ECB Target
September 16 2013 7:09 AM
But, the ECB's Mario Draghi said the 'risk of an extreme event' had reduced and that capital flows had resumed to non-core economies.
- Euro Zone Employment Falls, Swedish GDP Contracts
September 13 2013 6:59 AM
Second-quarter employment data showed that job cuts are slowing, but an upturn in the labor market is still distant.