- Bitcoin Bubble Is Unavoidable And Necessary: Trader
April 11 2013 8:27 AM
Earlier this week, the bitcoin's value rose above $200 for the first time, a tenfold increase from its value in January.
- Lagarde Backs Bank Of Japan Easing, Stands By Euro
April 07 2013 3:02 PM
IMF chief Christine Lagarde on Sunday welcomed the Bank of Japan’s aggressive easing program as a helpful step to support global growth.
- Cyprus: On The Precipice Of Economic Disaster?
April 05 2013 5:14 AM
This small island of 1 million people, hopelessly divided between a Greek south and Turkish north, faces an unknown, perhaps dark future.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- IMF: 1 Billion Euros Toward Cyprus' Reforms
April 03 2013 11:09 AM
The IMF's contribution seeks to distribute burdens and protect the most vulnerable.
- Cypriot Finance Minister Michael Sarris Resigns
April 02 2013 8:48 AM
Sarris was instrumental in negotiating with the so-called troika, the International Monetary Fund, ECB and the EU.
- Europe's Factory Output Sinking, Joblessness Soaring
April 02 2013 7:25 AM
Particularly troublesome in March was manufacturing in Germany. And how bad is youth unemployment in Greece?
- For Sale ASAP: Greece’s Railroads
April 01 2013 3:18 PM
Greece wants someone to buy its 1,500-mile rail network as part of its efforts to sell off state assets.
- This Week’s Economic Events: It's All About Jobs
March 31 2013 8:42 AM
Friday's jobs report is expected to show that employers added 200,000 jobs in March, with an unchanged 7.7% jobless rate.
- Cyprus Bailout: Is Your Money Safe In US Banks?
March 31 2013 12:11 AM
Bank of Cyprus depositors learned they could lose as much as 60 percent of their accounts. U.S. depositors probably won’t suffer the same fate.
- After Cyprus, Which Country Is Next To Be 'Rescued'?
March 29 2013 8:49 AM
Cyprus' messy bailout deal has dragged other tiny economies with big banking sectors into the spotlight.
- France's Hollande: Raise Taxes On Corporate Millionaires
March 29 2013 7:29 AM
France, with a 10.6 percent jobless rate, aims to hike company taxes on high salaries by as much as 50 percent.