- An Unemployed World, A ‘Lost Generation’
January 22 2013 1:02 PM
Rising youth jobless rates have spurred concern over a “lost generation.” Global joblessness hit 197 million, up 4 million in 2012.
- German Investor Confidence Unexpectedly Soars To 2.5-Year High
January 22 2013 12:00 PM
A widely followed survey of German investor confidence posted a two-and-a-half year high, surging unexpectedly above its long-term average.
- Light Calendar Over A Holiday-Shortened Week
January 21 2013 2:29 PM
The BoJ will likely expand asset purchases and state a new inflation goal. Here's your handy watchlist for this week.
- Fresh Sign Of Intensified Recession In The Euro Zone
January 14 2013 11:41 AM
November's euro zone industrial production data provided further signs the region's recession intensified in the final quarter of 2012.
- GDP Reports Key On Economic Calendar This Week
January 11 2013 5:29 PM
Market participants this week will begin to close the books on 2012 and get their first glimpse of global economic activity in 2013.
- Greek Joblessness At New High: 26.8% - Young Suffer Most
January 10 2013 9:40 AM
Greece's unemployment rate climbed to a record of 26.8% in October, with young people suffering most, amid a recession entering its 6th year.
- Weak German Data Indicates Recession
January 09 2013 12:19 PM
The euro area’s slump is leaving its mark on Germany, Europe's largest market - fueling fears it will fall into its first recession since '09.
- Economic Events For The Coming Week, Jan 7-11
January 04 2013 3:01 PM
The U.S. trade deficit likely narrowed in November, and the euro-zone recession probably worsened at the end of last year.
- Manufacturing Up? In US And Asia, But Not In Euro Zone
January 02 2013 12:26 PM
An improvement in global sentiment should boost factory sectors in most countries in the coming months, but a strong rebound is unlikely.
- Euro Zone Economy Set To Contract Further In Fourth Quarter
December 28 2012 12:16 PM
The euro-zone economy likely contracted further in the fourth quarter and slid deeper into recession.
- Austerity Protests Rock Europe's Capitals Throughout The Year
December 28 2012 7:02 AM
Protests against austerity-induced government layoffs, higher taxes, and service cuts intensified across Europe as populaces struck back.
- France Needs More Leeway To Meet Deficit Targets: IMF
December 27 2012 3:31 PM
While France weathered the 2008 financial and subsequent euro zone crises relatively well, its recovery has been sluggish.