- Euro Zone Headed For 2nd Recession In 3 Years
November 14 2012 12:50 PM
The euro zone is in its worst downturn since the early days of 2009.
- Retail Sales, FOMC Minutes, Euro Zone Q3 GDP: Economic Events For Nov. 12-16
November 13 2012 10:52 AM
Data releases this week are expected to show some of the economic impact caused by Sandy.
- Europe's Recession Worse Than Feared
November 07 2012 3:13 PM
There is just not much good news coming out of the crisis-hit currency bloc.
- This Week’s Economic Events: US Presidential Election
November 06 2012 7:16 AM
This week, the two largest economies will have political transitions, three central banks will meet, and Greece's parliament is set to vote on key reforms.
- Main Driver Of Euro Zone Economy Losing Steam
October 31 2012 12:30 PM
Rising euro zone unemployment in September plus high inflation doesn't bode well for consumer spending for rest of 2012.
- Economic Events This Week: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
October 28 2012 4:44 PM
The U.S. employment situation summary Friday will carry the most weight, because it will be the last jobs report before Election Day.
- America Bets On A New European Economic Partner: Poland
October 26 2012 9:07 AM
As Poland proves to be the most resilient major economy in the European Union, the U.S. is looking to invest and trade more with it.
- Greece To Get 2 More Yrs To Cut Borrowing
October 24 2012 8:46 AM
Greece may be getting another two years to bring its borrowing under control, according to newspaper reports from Europe.
- FOMC, Q3 GDP, Housing: Economic Events For Oct. 22-26
October 22 2012 12:32 PM
Key reports this week include the preliminary release of U.S. Q3 GDP, October FOMC rate decision and China HSBC PMI data.
- Germany Slashes 2013 Growth Forecast
October 17 2012 9:15 AM
Germany's economy will grow this year by 1 percent, Berlin said Wednesday, not the 1.6 percent it had earlier forecast.
- US Presidential Debate Among Economic Events For Oct 15-19
October 14 2012 7:16 PM
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney will cover both domestic and foreign policies during the second U.S. presidential debate Tuesday.
- Citi Cuts Chances Of Greek Exit From Euro Zone
October 12 2012 12:37 PM
Citigroup Chief Economist Willem Buiter now believes Greece could leave the euro zone, but not before 2014.