- Germany Rocks ZEW Outlook Index, Euro Zone Disappoints
November 19 2013 6:04 AM
While economic outlook improved in Germany and the euro zone, readings showed a not-so-bright economic situation in the present.
- Developed World's GDP Growth Slowed In Q3
November 18 2013 8:14 AM
The data underlines the global recovery's fragility and the likelihood that central banks will continue economic stimulus.
- Euro Zone Trade Surplus Beats Expectations
November 18 2013 6:41 AM
The surplus widened owing to increased exports and slightly lower imports, with Germany leading the gains.
- Ireland Completely Breaking Off From Bailout
November 14 2013 9:54 AM
Scratch Ireland from membership in Europe's infamous "PIIGS," an acronym for five economies that had to be bailed out. The Emerald Isle shines again.
- Denmark Slowly Recovering From Housing Slump
November 14 2013 6:36 AM
Capital Economics expects the Danish economy to still fall short of its per-crisis level by 2015 and lag behind its Nordic neighbors.
- Euro Zone Economic Recovery Loses Momentum
November 14 2013 5:51 AM
Third quarter GDP figures showed that the bloc is not yet ready to tackle high unemployment and deflation risks.
- French Economy Shrinks, Germany Holds On To Growth
November 14 2013 3:11 AM
French GDP missed expectations amid slowing household spending and production of goods and services, and mounting trade deficit.
- UK Jobless Rate Fall Kindles Hopes Of Faster Job Creation
November 13 2013 6:31 AM
The latest fall in the unemployment rate suggests it could reach the key 7 percent threshold earlier than expected.
- Europe Industrial Data Presents Mixed Picture
November 13 2013 5:39 AM
Industrial production in Europe fell on a monthly basis while annual growth rate beat expectations.
- Global GDP Will Fall To 2.9% In 2013
November 12 2013 3:51 PM
The recent recession slowed global GDP growth to 3.2 percent in 2012, and it's still falling.
- EBRD Region Is Growing Slower Than Expected
November 12 2013 2:30 PM
A report from the EBRD says that eastern Europe's economy is rebounding but may suffer if Russia continues its downward spiral.
- Preview: Euro Zone Barely Sustained Nascent Economic Recovery In Q3
November 12 2013 6:28 AM
In Q3, there may have been a modest pickup in consumer spending, supported by higher consumer confidence.
- UK Inflation Lowest Since Last September
November 12 2013 6:00 AM
The rise in UK consumer prices in October was lower than estimated, due to a drop in fuel prices and airfares amid a strong pound.
- Iran Sanctions Not To Be Lifted Anytime Soon
November 09 2013 4:08 PM
After years of sanctions Iran is getting closer to having them lifted, all while trying to trade oil for produce with China.
- And The King Of Europe's Economy Is?
November 08 2013 3:28 PM
A nation you would not expect, and its top rank is due to strong private consumption.
- How Much Is A Worker Worth?
November 08 2013 2:28 PM
The economic value of the average worker in the U.S. is not the same as that of a worker in Switzerland.
- S&P Cuts France's Sovereign Debt Rating
November 08 2013 9:26 AM
S&P applauds President Hollande's efforts to tighten fiscal oversight but says this does not go far enough.
- Europe Trade Data Shows Mixed Results
November 08 2013 7:32 AM
Germany's trade surplus touched a record high and France's data was disappointing while the UK's trade deficit remain steady.
- Where Do Billionaires Live?
November 07 2013 3:17 PM
Cue Frank Sinatra's theme song - the one from the latter part of his career.
- Ireland Eyeing Better Days
November 07 2013 10:24 AM
Ireland has come a long way since 2008, when its banking industry collapsed, and it has Europe to thank for the improved outlook.