- India To Pay Iran $1.65B In Oil Dues
June 19 2014 7:11 AM
Economic sanctions, which had so far barred the use of normal banking channels for oil payments, have crippled Iran’s economy.
- Small Countries, Big Money; Tycoons Cluster In Asian And Gulf States
June 10 2014 5:14 PM
Private wealth ballooned globally in 2013, and flowed ever more toward the top, a report finds.
- How An Island Paradise Became A Haven For Dirty Money
June 09 2014 9:14 AM
Seychelles, an island nation with a population smaller than Davenport, Iowa, has become a haven for international corruption and money laundering.
- Egypt's Sisi Faces Tough Task to Fix Economy
May 31 2014 3:42 PM
Unrest and instability have decimated the tourism industry, among others. It's a situation the new leader has vowed to fix.
- Egypt's Foreign Oil Bill Debt Rises
April 30 2014 9:19 AM
Money owed to foreign oil majors including BP and BG Group totaled $4.9 billion.
- Sentiment Indexes Up In Europe
March 28 2014 6:28 AM
In February, the Economic Sentiment Indicator had remained broadly unchanged.
- How Migrant Workers Are Shaping The Economies Of Home Countries
February 26 2014 6:01 AM
More than 230 million people were living outside the countries of their birth in 2013. Many of them sent money home.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- Which Countries Are Spending More On Defense?
February 06 2014 5:53 AM
The world's total defense budget is forecast to increase to $1.547 trillion this year.
- Expats Face Challenges Finding Work In United Arab Emirates
January 28 2014 12:34 PM
After posting a 4.6 percent economic expansion last year, the UAE is projected to deliver similar growth in 2014.
- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- This Week In IBTimes Magazine
December 05 2013 4:18 PM
West Bank Housing, Mississippi's Political Transition and French Bullfights - IBTimes Mag: a deep dive into global business & geopolitics.
- Saudi Arabia: Banking Crisis Ahead?
November 26 2013 6:25 AM
The rapid expansion of credit in Saudi Arabia is beginning to look like a cause for concern.
- Q&A: An Entrepreneur's Guide To Investing In Startups In The Arab World
November 22 2013 7:48 AM
In Schroeder's book, "Startup Rising," the tumultuous Middle East is a potential boon for entrepreneurial businesses investing.
- The Latest In Investing Chic - 'Frontier Markets'
November 21 2013 10:23 AM
These economies are characterized by immature markets, though some investors see significant rewards along with the risks.
- A Billionaire Here, A Billionaire There, And Pretty Soon We're Talking About Real Money
November 19 2013 3:16 PM
The Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows that the United States has the most billionaires of any country, but Asia is catching up.