Middle East Economy
- Two Years After Revolution, Whatever Happened To Libyan Oil?
May 24 2013 10:20 PM
In post-Gadhafi Libya, energy companies are struggling to gain a new foothold.
- Young Africans Flocking To Dubai As Guest Workers
May 21 2013 9:55 AM
About 40,000 Kenyan guest workers currently live in the UAE, primarily in the construction, hotel and travel industries.
- The Takeover: China Goes To Middle East, Bringing Lots Of Cash
May 11 2013 11:03 AM
In search of resources and trade options, China has turned to the Middle East, including volatile areas where the West fears to do business.
- Cyprus: On The Precipice Of Economic Disaster?
April 05 2013 5:14 AM
This small island of 1 million people, hopelessly divided between a Greek south and Turkish north, faces an unknown, perhaps dark future.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Egypt Says $4.8 Billion IMF Loan Agreement Likely In Two Weeks
April 04 2013 6:49 AM
Egypt's planning minister said Thursday the government may reach a final agreement over a $4.8 billion loan in two weeks.
- Poorest Of The Poor: UN Releases Report On World’s 'Least Developed Countries'
March 19 2013 7:34 PM
From Afghanistan to Zambia, here are the world's countries that are struggling the most.
- An Unemployed World, A ‘Lost Generation’
January 22 2013 1:02 PM
Rising youth jobless rates have spurred concern over a “lost generation.” Global joblessness hit 197 million, up 4 million in 2012.
- Economic Events For The Coming Week, Jan 7-11
January 04 2013 3:01 PM
The U.S. trade deficit likely narrowed in November, and the euro-zone recession probably worsened at the end of last year.
- Manufacturing Up? In US And Asia, But Not In Euro Zone
January 02 2013 12:26 PM
An improvement in global sentiment should boost factory sectors in most countries in the coming months, but a strong rebound is unlikely.
- Egypt: Besides Counter-Revolution It Now Has Economic Turmoil
December 14 2012 7:30 AM
Egypt is at risk of descending into a cycle of economic crisis feeding into political crisis, as it had to delay asking for an IMF loan.
- November US Jobs Report, ECB December Meeting: Economic Events For Dec. 4-7
December 04 2012 1:27 PM
Superstorm Sandy will likely put dent in the November jobs report.