- Q&A: An Entrepreneur's Guide To Investing In Startups In The Arab World
November 22 2013 7:48 AM
In Schroeder's book, "Startup Rising," the tumultuous Middle East is a potential boon for entrepreneurial businesses investing.
- The Latest In Investing Chic - 'Frontier Markets'
November 21 2013 10:23 AM
These economies are characterized by immature markets, though some investors see significant rewards along with the risks.
- A Billionaire Here, A Billionaire There, And Pretty Soon We're Talking About Real Money
November 19 2013 3:16 PM
The Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows that the United States has the most billionaires of any country, but Asia is catching up.
- Israeli Central Bank Figure Defends His Student Bernanke
November 19 2013 11:00 AM
A senior monetary policy thinker and mentor to Fed chair Ben Bernanke gave his take on the central bank's actions during the global economic crisis.
- Iran Sanctions Not To Be Lifted Anytime Soon
November 09 2013 4:08 PM
After years of sanctions Iran is getting closer to having them lifted, all while trying to trade oil for produce with China.
- Egypt's Economic Woes May Soon Be Over: Report
November 05 2013 10:57 AM
Egypt's output index has risen above the 50 mark, the demarcation point between expansion and contraction.
- Syria Taking A Backdoor Route Into Financial Market
October 31 2013 2:20 PM
To get around sanctions and gain access to global markets, Syria is cultivating relationships with small-time Russian banks.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- 40 Years After 1973 Arab Oil Embargo, Cars Are 176% More Fuel Efficient
October 18 2013 12:54 PM
Ford’s Model T was more fuel efficient than most cars in the early 70s. The oil scarcity shock helped change that.
- Will Governments Start To Come After Your Savings?
October 16 2013 1:30 PM
Five years after the global financial crisis, the IMF is suggesting states place a 10% tax on all households.
- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- Wiring Money Home A Lifeline For The Developing World
October 04 2013 11:52 AM
In the next three years, remittances to developing countries will rise by $140 billion as global migration soars.
- Why A Fed Stimulus Reduction Would Hurt Certain Emerging Economies
September 30 2013 3:24 PM
They've had five years to prepare for the end of quantitative easing. So what will happen to emerging economies when tapering begins?
- Kazakhstan Boasts A Very Healthy and Green Economy
September 24 2013 10:03 PM
Barely 20 years old, Kazakhstan has developed into a self-sustaining and model economy where green energy and development is paramount
- Narrowing Gender Gap Boosts GDP: IMF Study
September 24 2013 3:09 PM
A new report from the IMF outlines the untapped potential of a worldwide female labor force that still isn't going to work.
- European Economies Still Most Dominant Globally: Study
September 16 2013 10:55 AM
It might come as a surprise, but European economies leave the United States trailing in their wake, new figures reveal.
- Foreign Investors Are Pulling Out Of India As The Rupee Falls
August 16 2013 8:55 AM
India's economy is struggling as overseas investors withdraw billions from the country over fears about the rupee's strength.
- Inside Banking In Conflict Zones Around The World
August 02 2013 11:08 PM
When trouble arrives, banks often depart, and access to cash becomes difficult. This is the story of how people bank in conflict zones.
- Global Oil Demand Up, But OPEC Crude Down
July 10 2013 8:47 AM
OPEC's latest monthly forecast shows growing demand for oil but shrinking demand for its own product.
- Stuff China Buys From The US
July 09 2013 1:39 PM
In 2012, China imported nearly $109 billion worth of goods from the United States.