- Global Oil Demand Up, But OPEC Crude Down
July 10 2013 8:47 AM
OPEC's latest monthly forecast shows growing demand for oil but shrinking demand for its own product.
- Stuff China Buys From The US
July 09 2013 1:39 PM
In 2012, China imported nearly $109 billion worth of goods from the United States.
- Super Luxury Prices Rising In UK Faster Than General Inflation
June 26 2013 10:35 AM
Asia and Middle Eastern superrich have helped push up the cost of British ultra-luxury goods and services.
- Devalued Pound Hurts Egyptians As Morsi Government Dithers
June 18 2013 1:30 PM
The Egyptian currency has lost 8 percent against the dollar in 2013, and the embattled government is out of ideas on what to do.
- Can Syrian Entrepreneurs In Exile Rebuild A War-Torn Country?
June 14 2013 8:54 PM
The Syrian conflict has forced many entrepreneurs to flee, but the country needs them back in order to rebuild the economy.
- Portugal's President: Kick IMF Out Of The Troika!
June 14 2013 5:55 AM
Portugal's President Aníbal Cavaco Silva says the IMF has different goals than the EU, which governs the two other branches of the Troika.
- Pakistan's Sharif Wants End To US Drone Strikes, But Real Problem Is Crippling Power Cuts
June 05 2013 10:18 AM
Pakistan's new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is providing few specifics on how we will solve the country's many woes.
- How Much Do Americans Spend Compared To Others?
June 04 2013 4:41 PM
Private consumption in the U.S. accounts for more than 70 percent of GDP.
- In Developed World, How Many Will Be Unemployed In 2014?
May 30 2013 11:47 AM
In 2014, Greece's unemployment will likely hit another record-high of 28.4 percent.
- How Much Will These World Economies Grow In 2014?
May 29 2013 3:36 PM
Chile's economy is expected to grow by 5.3 percent in 2014.
- Two Years After Revolution, Whatever Happened To Libyan Oil?
May 24 2013 10:20 PM
In post-Gadhafi Libya, energy companies are struggling to gain a new foothold.
- Young Africans Flocking To Dubai As Guest Workers
May 21 2013 9:55 AM
About 40,000 Kenyan guest workers currently live in the UAE, primarily in the construction, hotel and travel industries.
- The Takeover: China Goes To Middle East, Bringing Lots Of Cash
May 11 2013 11:03 AM
In search of resources and trade options, China has turned to the Middle East, including volatile areas where the West fears to do business.
- Cyprus: On The Precipice Of Economic Disaster?
April 05 2013 5:14 AM
This small island of 1 million people, hopelessly divided between a Greek south and Turkish north, faces an unknown, perhaps dark future.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Egypt Says $4.8 Billion IMF Loan Agreement Likely In Two Weeks
April 04 2013 6:49 AM
Egypt's planning minister said Thursday the government may reach a final agreement over a $4.8 billion loan in two weeks.
- Poorest Of The Poor: UN Releases Report On World’s 'Least Developed Countries'
March 19 2013 7:34 PM
From Afghanistan to Zambia, here are the world's countries that are struggling the most.
- An Unemployed World, A ‘Lost Generation’
January 22 2013 1:02 PM
Rising youth jobless rates have spurred concern over a “lost generation.” Global joblessness hit 197 million, up 4 million in 2012.
- Economic Events For The Coming Week, Jan 7-11
January 04 2013 3:01 PM
The U.S. trade deficit likely narrowed in November, and the euro-zone recession probably worsened at the end of last year.
- Manufacturing Up? In US And Asia, But Not In Euro Zone
January 02 2013 12:26 PM
An improvement in global sentiment should boost factory sectors in most countries in the coming months, but a strong rebound is unlikely.