Middle East Economy
- US Q3 GDP Second Estimate, Fed’s Beige Book, New Home Sales: Economic Events For Nov. 26-30
November 26 2012 2:36 PM
After returning from the Thanksgiving break, market participants will face a crowded economic calendar.
- IMF Loan Gives Morsi's Egypt A Confidence Boost
November 24 2012 8:32 PM
Mohammed Morsi's government has the hard job of rebuilding Egypt's economy, but the IMF's $4.8 billion will make it a bit easier.
- Greece Bailout, BoJ Meeting, US Housing Data: Economic Events For Nov. 19-23
November 19 2012 9:59 AM
Counting down to Thanksgiving.
- Retail Sales, FOMC Minutes, Euro Zone Q3 GDP: Economic Events For Nov. 12-16
November 13 2012 10:52 AM
Data releases this week are expected to show some of the economic impact caused by Sandy.
- This Week’s Economic Events: US Presidential Election
November 06 2012 7:16 AM
This week, the two largest economies will have political transitions, three central banks will meet, and Greece's parliament is set to vote on key reforms.
- Economic Events This Week: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
October 28 2012 4:44 PM
The U.S. employment situation summary Friday will carry the most weight, because it will be the last jobs report before Election Day.
- FOMC, Q3 GDP, Housing: Economic Events For Oct. 22-26
October 22 2012 12:32 PM
Key reports this week include the preliminary release of U.S. Q3 GDP, October FOMC rate decision and China HSBC PMI data.
- US Presidential Debate Among Economic Events For Oct 15-19
October 14 2012 7:16 PM
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney will cover both domestic and foreign policies during the second U.S. presidential debate Tuesday.
- Fedspeak Tops The Economic Calendar Oct 8-12
October 05 2012 3:33 PM
The U.S. Federal Reserve's assessment of current conditions, as well as data on inflation and trade, will highlight the economic calendar this week.
- This Week's Economic Events: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
October 02 2012 6:02 AM
Friday's jobs report will carry the most weight, since this is the penultimate report before the elections.
- UAE Restricting Visas For Immigrants Workers From Asia
September 18 2012 5:23 PM
The UAE is making it more difficult for immigrant laborers to enter the country on tourist and other short-term visas in a bid to prevent foreign criminals from entering the country under the guise of looking for work. The rapidly developing country has been built up with immigrant labor mostly from South Asia, who form a majority of the Gulf nation's 8 million plus population.
- QE3 Reviving Fears Of Global Currency Wars
September 14 2012 4:33 PM
Thursday's announcement by the U.S. Federal Reserve that it would be engaging in a third round of open-ended bond-buying, known as QE3, to energize the economy saw a resoundingly positive reception in the foreign financial markets, where indexes rose Friday. But market-watchers were expecting the global equity party would lead to an inevitable hangover soon, in the form of intervention by central banks around the world, to stop massive inflows of dollars into non-U.S. economies -- in short, a...