- Iran Rejects West's Proposal On Nuclear Curbs, Talks Come To A Standstill
May 24 2012 8:12 AM
The talks between world powers and Iran over Tehran's nuclear program came to a standstill Thursday as it accused the P5+1 group (five permanent members of the UN and Germany) of creating a difficult atmosphere hindering talks.
- Rio Environmental Summit To Focus On Global Food Security Issues
May 23 2012 4:12 PM
As soils, freshwater, oceans, forests and biodiversity are being rapidly degraded and climate change puts more pressure on the resources, it is time to rethink how we grow, share and consume our food.
- Global Stocks Fall On Fears Of Greek Exit From Euro Zone
May 23 2012 8:47 AM
Asian, European and U.S. stocks fell hard Wednesday on rising fears and uncertainty about a possible Greek exit from the euro zone as well as concerns over slowing economic growth.
- European Stocks Boosted By Positive Outlook: Daily Markets Wrap
May 22 2012 4:13 PM
Comments regarding a rebound in the Chinese economy from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development lifted stocks earlier Tuesday and kept Asian and European bourses in the green. The comments came after Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao said last weekend his government would focus more on growth than inflation.
- Pakistan And Turkey Agree To Strengthen Economic, Trade Ties
May 22 2012 9:40 AM
Yousuf Raza Gilani and Recep Tayyip Erdogan also vowed to significantly increase the volume of trade between Turkey and Pakistan.
- OECD Sees Euro Zone Crisis Threatening Global Recovery
May 22 2012 8:29 AM
The United States and Japan are leading a fragile economic recovery among developed countries that could yet be blown off course if the euro zone fails to contain the damage from its problem debtor states, the OECD said on Tuesday.
- Iraq Warns Kurds Against Striking Oil Deal With Turkey
May 21 2012 1:15 PM
Baghdad believes such an arrangement contravenes Iraqi laws, while Kurds assert they can sign any contract regarding their natural resources according to the terms of the constitution.
- Israel Denies Turkish Media Report Of Huge Troop Deployment To Greek Cyprus
May 21 2012 11:05 AM
Israel has never sent troops to any other country in its history, the statement added.
- Existing Home Sales, Durable Goods, China PMI: Economic Events For May 21 - 25
May 21 2012 9:21 AM
This week's economic calendar is relatively light in the U.S. with the releases of existing home sales, durable goods orders, and the University of Michigan consumer confidence survey. Attention will likely focus on data out of Europe. Euro zone PMIs, Germany IFO survey, and first-quarter gross domestic product data for the U.K. will be released.
- Falling Indian Rupee: Finance Minister Says Government Is Trying to Resolve The Issue
May 20 2012 9:01 AM
Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Sunday expressed concern over the depreciation of the rupee.
- Air India Likely To Hire Retired Pilots, Government Mulls Over Implementing Panel Report
May 19 2012 5:35 AM
Air India is planning to hire retired pilots for flying international routes even as a strike by a group of pilots entered the 12th day Saturday.
- Facebook IPO: Biggest Tech IPO Ever Soars 10% But Closes With A Whimper
May 18 2012 11:07 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network that raised $16 billion in its initial public offering, the biggest in Internet history, soared more than 10 percent but closed up by only a fraction.
- Air India To Get First Boeing 787 Dreamliner Amid Pilots? Strike
May 18 2012 8:35 AM
Air India is poised to get its first installment of Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft by the end of this month even as the crisis in the national carrier, caused by the pilots, continues.
- Facebook Prices IPO Shares At $38; Values Company At Record $104 Billion
May 17 2012 4:20 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, raised $16 billion in its initial public offering, the biggest in Internet history, valuing its shares at $38.
- U.S. Ready To Strike Iran: Ambassador To Israel
May 17 2012 9:42 AM
Israeli leaders Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and defense minister Ehud Barak have long taken a hawkish stance against Iran.
- Afghanistan Demands $4.1 Billion A Year; Plans To Sell Islamic Bonds
May 17 2012 4:33 AM
Afghanistan, bracing for a potential sharp decline in financial support from the West amid fears of a fresh military offensive by the Taliban insurgents, has demanded $4.1 billion a year for its security forces after the foreign troops pull out in 2014, ahead of the NATO summit starting Sunday.
- Global Losses From Greek Euro Zone Exit Could Reach ?1 Trillion
May 16 2012 3:56 PM
The financial markets appear to have already priced in Greece?s departure from the euro bloc.
- Huge Demand Prompts Facebook To Sell More Shares In IPO
May 16 2012 8:49 AM
Surging demand for shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, prompted the company to again boost the number of share for sale in its initial public offering.
- US May Export Shale Oil To India As New Delhi Seeks To Cut Crude Imports From Iran
May 15 2012 2:19 PM
India imports crude oil from about 30 nations.
- Indian Stocks Fall On Greek Political Crisis, High Inflation
May 14 2012 8:20 AM
Bombay Stock Exchange's Sensex lost more than 100 points Monday afternoon trade as the slump in European markets and a worse-than-expected inflation for April hit the markets hard.