- Arab League foreign ministers have created a draft resolution on Palestinian statehood for the U.N. Security Council.
- The Sharia board has said that 78 percent of NCB's finance deals, 92 percent of liabilities and 73 percent of income, are Sharia-compliant.
- Banks need to update their software immediately to protect against Shellshock, experts say.
- The new U.S. sanctions come amid reports of Iran resisting efforts to allow IAEA inspectors to access its nuclear enrichment facilities.
- Since the beginning of August, UNICEF has dispatched 33 shipments, totaling nearly 1,000 tons of emergency aid, most of it to Iraq.
- Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.
- American planes have dropped supplies for an Iraqi religious minority that's trapped in the mountains by the terrorist group ISIS.
- Turkey is a major buyer of Western military hardware, but its defense industry is rising.