- US May Export Shale Oil To India As New Delhi Seeks To Cut Crude Imports From Iran
May 15 2012 2:19 PM
India imports crude oil from about 30 nations.
- Indian Stocks Fall On Greek Political Crisis, High Inflation
May 14 2012 8:20 AM
Bombay Stock Exchange's Sensex lost more than 100 points Monday afternoon trade as the slump in European markets and a worse-than-expected inflation for April hit the markets hard.
- SEC 'Probably' Drafting JPMorgan Subpoenas: Former Agent
May 11 2012 4:57 PM
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigators are probably in the process of drafting subpoenas against JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), if they have not already filed them, regarding the bank's loss of $2 billion through proprietary trading, said ex-SEC New York Regional assistant director Joseph Dever.
- Qatar Sovereign Fund On Buying Spree: Royal Dutch Shell, Xstrata, Eni, Total
May 11 2012 9:54 AM
The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is on an investment spree, bulking up its holdings in several major companies including Royal Dutch Shell Plc (NYSE: RDS.A), Eni SpA (NYSE: E), and Xstrata PLC (London: XTA), and the sovereign fund has already taken a holding Total SA (NYSE: TOT) and is pursuing avenues to invest in Glencore International Plc (London: GLEN), sources reported Friday.
- Respite From Euro Jitters, US Jobs Bolster Stocks: Daily Markets Wrap
May 10 2012 4:14 PM
New Labor Department data suggests a strong start to jobs growth in January may not get wiped out by negative growth heading into the third quarter.
- Microsoft Going ?Carbon Neutral? On July 1
May 10 2012 4:03 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, said it will go ?carbon neutral? on July 1, the start of its new fiscal year.
- Algerian Parliamentary Election Marred By Voter Apathy, Despite Promises Of Fairness, Transparency
May 10 2012 11:19 AM
The government is also permitting about 500 foreign observers, including 120 from the European Union, to monitor the elections.
- Spain, Greece Send Buyers To German, US Bonds: Daily Markets Wrap
May 09 2012 4:17 PM
Anti-austerity momentum in Greece continued to weigh down markets with the prospect of the country defaulting or leaving the euro. Spain?s Ibex 35 Index lost 3 percent, led by bank stocks, while its 10-year yields rose more than 6 percent over banking-sector concerns.
- Indian Shares Close Down, Gold Hits Four Month Low, Eurozone Crisis Weighs
May 09 2012 9:51 AM
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) sensex closed at a four month low by shedding nearly 67 points on Wednesday as weak global trends triggered heavy fund outflows. The BSE bench mark 30 share index lost 66.60 points to reach 16,479.59, dragged down by sharp declines in Reliance industry and banking stocks. Reliance Industries dropped for the sixth day by losing 1.91 per cent to Rs 695.10 after it cut the estimates for actual natural gas reserves available in its Indian blocks.
- India Explains To US Why It Needs Iran
May 08 2012 10:24 AM
India Tuesday conveyed to the US that it has to look at the Western sanctions on Iran beyond the issue of energy, as it has critical stakes in the region.
- Clinton Urges Pakistan To Fight Terrorism, Asks India To Cut Iranian Oil Imports
May 08 2012 8:35 AM
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has warned Pakistan that it must do a better job of fighting terrorists operating within its borders, according to the Press Trust of India.
- Armenia?s Ruling Party Wins Re-Election; Serbia Faces Presidential Run-Off
May 07 2012 1:46 PM
About 150 people were injured when gas-filled balloons exploded during a rally for the Republican Party in the capital city of Yerevan
- India Defers Retrospective Taxation Move; Market And Rupee Cheer
May 07 2012 9:58 AM
In an interim relief to the foreign investors, Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday said that the government would delay the implementation of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) by one year.
- Greek Polls: Chance Of A Hung Parliament Raises Concerns Over Eurozone Future
May 06 2012 7:08 AM
Polling began in Greece Sunday in an early general election that could push the debt struck country to further turmoil and uncertainty.
- India?s Central Bank Intervenes To Protect Weak Rupee; Trade Deficit And Tax Law Impacting Foreign Investment
May 05 2012 7:21 AM
The sharp decline in the Indian rupee coupled with strong demand for the dollar forced the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to intervene and announce measures to ease the pressure on of the rupee.
- Indian Rupee Continues To Be Volatile, Dips To Four Month Low Due To Trade Deficit And Strong Dollar
May 04 2012 10:53 AM
Indian Rupee dropped to four-months-low of 53.83 at midsession before closing at 53.41/42 against dollar on Thursday, despite Reserve Bank of India's's suspected interventions. Rupee has been continuing its steady fall and the analytics are expecting the Indian currency to touch an all time low of 55.00 per dollar within a short period.
- Foreign Direct Investment To Africa Surging: Report
May 03 2012 4:17 PM
Ernst & Young projects that by 2015, money flowing to Africa will reach $150 billion, which will create 350,000 new jobs annually.
- Excessive Regulation, Policy Paralysis Scare Foreign Investors Away From India
May 03 2012 10:11 AM
The lack of bureaucratic support as well as aggressive regulation and tax policies are scaring away foreign investors from India, the chairman of Honeywell International has said, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported.
- India To Scale Back Iranian Oil Imports: Report
May 03 2012 9:18 AM
Up until now, India had adamantly opposed sanctions against Iran.
- Apple Response To Times Tax Expose Dodges Issues
May 01 2012 12:55 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, issued a response to a story in the New York Times on April 29 that exposed its comprehensive strategy to minimize paying corporate taxes.