- India To Scale Back Iranian Oil Imports: Report
May 03 2012 9:18 AM
Up until now, India had adamantly opposed sanctions against Iran.
- Apple Response To Times Tax Expose Dodges Issues
May 01 2012 12:55 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, issued a response to a story in the New York Times on April 29 that exposed its comprehensive strategy to minimize paying corporate taxes.
- May Day: International Workers' Day Highlights Labor Movements Around The World [PHOTOS]
May 01 2012 12:39 PM
International Workers' Day, also known as May Day or Labor Day, is observed on May 1 and recognizes labor movements around the world.
- South Korea?s Inflation, Exports Drop As Country Overspends Budget Allocation In Q1
May 01 2012 5:44 AM
South Korea's inflation declined to a 21-month low as the exports declined for the second consecutive month in April.
- Turkish Police Brace For Huge May Day Rally On 35th Anniversary of Taksim Massacre
April 30 2012 3:20 PM
Almost 40 people were killed and hundreds wounded by unknown shooting assailants in a tragedy that officially remains a mystery.
- How To Prevent Another US Bank Bailout
April 29 2012 11:31 AM
Regarding its banking system, the United States has now experienced its third generation of heads the banks win, tails the taxpayer and the public loses.? Is there a better way? Is it possible to create a bank that serves the people of the United States?
- Foxconn, Apple Contractor, Shares Plunge On Protests, Lower Earnings Call
April 27 2012 11:49 AM
Shares of Hon Hai Precision Industries (TPE: 2317), more widely known as Foxconn and as the main contractor for Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, plunged Friday.
- Delhi Airport To Be World's Most Expensive; Airlines And Fliers Oppose Airport Charge Hike
April 26 2012 9:09 AM
The Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India, is set to become the costliest airport in the world, as the Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) that operates the airport has got approval to hike the airport charges.
- Afghanistan Gold and Copper Mines Bidding: Six Indian Companies Shortlisted
April 26 2012 4:19 AM
Four Indian public sector companies along with two private players Monnet Ispat & Energy and Jindal Steel & Power are among the twenty five companies shortlisted for investing in gold and copper mines in Badakhsan, Zarkashan, Balkhab and Shaida region of Afghanistan.
- Fed Sticks To Late 2014 Rate Hike Plan
April 25 2012 1:02 PM
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday repeated its promise to leave interest rates on hold until at least late 2014 but offered few clues into whether it might offer additional stimulus later this year.
- Peugeot Citroen Might Build Cars In India With General Motors
April 24 2012 10:51 AM
PSA Peugeot Citroen may build cars in India with General Motors its new partner, said Gregoire Olivier, Peugeot's head of Asian operations, according to a Reuters report. The move would effectively discard its planned $850 million investment in its own manufacturing facility in India, Reuters report said.
- TCS Shares Soar Over 12% After Strong Q4 Earnings, Upbeat Outlook
April 24 2012 6:57 AM
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) shares gained 12.4 percent in Mumbai trading on Tuesday morning, piggybacking on the company's robust outlook and a 23 percent surge in fourth quarter profits.
- Israeli PM Netanyahu Denies Cancelled Egypt Gas Deal Prompted By Politics
April 23 2012 1:55 PM
About 40 percent of Israel’s natural gas imports come from Egypt, mostly at below-market prices.
- India's Reliance To Invest $12B In Petrochemicals After Fuel Demand Decline Hits Margins
April 23 2012 7:18 AM
Close on the heels of revealing the sharpest decline in quarterly profits, Indian refinery giant Reliance Industries said it will spend $8 billion to expand petrochemical production capacity.
- Corporate Executives Still Too Worried For M&A: Ernst & Young
April 22 2012 11:22 PM
Corporate executives are hesitant to pull the trigger on new acquisitions despite indicating they believe the global economy is improving somewhat, according to a survey of more than 1,500 executives polled by Ernst & Young.
- Netflix To Post Loss In Q1, Subscriber Count In Focus
April 21 2012 7:52 AM
Home entertainment company Netflix Inc. (NAS: NFLX) is expected to post a loss for the first time in the last seven years, according to Wall Street analysts. Netflix Q1 results will be out Monday, and according to analysts, the entertainment trendsetter will lose 27 cents per share.
- Emerging Powers Ready To Give Billions To IMF
April 20 2012 9:00 AM
Major emerging powers stood ready on Friday to pledge money to bolster the International Monetary Fund's crisis-fighting war chest, though Brazil was holding out for promises that their voting power at the global lender would increase.
- Sanctions Hurting Syria: French Foreign Minister
April 17 2012 4:21 PM
About 90 percent of Syrian crude exports went to Europe -- oil revenues represented about one-fifth of Syria’s GDP.
- Obama To Announce Crackdown On Oil Market Manipulation
April 17 2012 9:40 AM
President Barack Obama will announce a plan on Tuesday to increase oversight and crack down on oil market manipulation, the White House said.
- Japan Vows $60 Billion To Boost IMF Firepower
April 17 2012 9:01 AM
Japan said on Tuesday it will provide $60 billion in loans to the International Monetary Fund, becoming the first non-European nation to commit money to boost the fund's financial firepower to contain the euro zone debt crisis.