- Israeli PM Netanyahu Denies Cancelled Egypt Gas Deal Prompted By Politics
April 23 2012 1:55 PM
About 40 percent of Israel’s natural gas imports come from Egypt, mostly at below-market prices.
- India's Reliance To Invest $12B In Petrochemicals After Fuel Demand Decline Hits Margins
April 23 2012 7:18 AM
Close on the heels of revealing the sharpest decline in quarterly profits, Indian refinery giant Reliance Industries said it will spend $8 billion to expand petrochemical production capacity.
- Corporate Executives Still Too Worried For M&A: Ernst & Young
April 22 2012 11:22 PM
Corporate executives are hesitant to pull the trigger on new acquisitions despite indicating they believe the global economy is improving somewhat, according to a survey of more than 1,500 executives polled by Ernst & Young.
- Netflix To Post Loss In Q1, Subscriber Count In Focus
April 21 2012 7:52 AM
Home entertainment company Netflix Inc. (NAS: NFLX) is expected to post a loss for the first time in the last seven years, according to Wall Street analysts. Netflix Q1 results will be out Monday, and according to analysts, the entertainment trendsetter will lose 27 cents per share.
- Emerging Powers Ready To Give Billions To IMF
April 20 2012 9:00 AM
Major emerging powers stood ready on Friday to pledge money to bolster the International Monetary Fund's crisis-fighting war chest, though Brazil was holding out for promises that their voting power at the global lender would increase.
- Sanctions Hurting Syria: French Foreign Minister
April 17 2012 4:21 PM
About 90 percent of Syrian crude exports went to Europe -- oil revenues represented about one-fifth of Syria’s GDP.
- Obama To Announce Crackdown On Oil Market Manipulation
April 17 2012 9:40 AM
President Barack Obama will announce a plan on Tuesday to increase oversight and crack down on oil market manipulation, the White House said.
- Japan Vows $60 Billion To Boost IMF Firepower
April 17 2012 9:01 AM
Japan said on Tuesday it will provide $60 billion in loans to the International Monetary Fund, becoming the first non-European nation to commit money to boost the fund's financial firepower to contain the euro zone debt crisis.
- Earnings Preview: Flat Revenue Expected At Yahoo
April 16 2012 4:52 PM
Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), the beleagured No. 2 search engine, is expected to have flat revenue and earnings in the first quarter as it seeks to turn around stagnant advertising and search divisions under its new CEO.
- World Bank Selects Jim Yong Kim As President
April 16 2012 1:17 PM
The World Bank on Monday selected Jim Yong Kim as its next president. The World Bank presidency has gone to a U.S. candidate since the organization was founded at the Bretton Woods conference.
- Australia Eases Sanctions Against Myanmar
April 16 2012 8:59 AM
I can announce that we are lifting sanctions considerably, Carr said.
- WTO Warns Global Trade Will Shrink Again In 2012
April 12 2012 11:32 AM
Trade growth is expected to slow for a second year in 2012 amid severe downside risks that could push it even further below the 20-year average of 5.4 percent, the Geneva-based body forecast Thursday.
- US Trade Deficit Plunged To $46 Billion In February
April 12 2012 9:32 AM
The U.S. trade deficit narrowed unexpectedly in February as exports hit a record high, imports from China and other key suppliers declined and oil import volume fell to the lowest in 15 years, a government report showed on Thursday.
- Fed's Dudley: Too Soon To Say US Economy Out Of Danger
April 12 2012 9:15 AM
The disappointing performance of the U.S. labor market in March shows it is too early to conclude the economy is out of the woods, despite months of encouraging economic data, New York Federal Reserve Bank president William Dudley said on Thursday.
- US Reclaims Top Rank From China In Clean Energy Investments
April 12 2012 8:06 AM
The US reclaimed the top position as the biggest investor in clean energy last year, with clean energy finance and investment witnessing a growth $48 billion, a 42 percent increase over 2010, according to a global rank list published in a report by the Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Iran Dismisses Sanctions Ahead Of Nuclear Talks
April 10 2012 11:01 AM
The United States is hoping that new sanctions targeting Iran's central bank and its oil industry will pressure the Islamic Republic to stop enriching uranium, but Iran is defiant, claiming that it can withstand any oil embargo for two or three years.
- Iraq In 'Serious Crisis,' Says Kurdish Leader; Oil Ambitions Complicate Ethnic Tensions
April 07 2012 12:13 PM
Iraq is facing a serious crisis, Kurdistan's leader Massoud Barzani said during a recent visit in Washington -- and his semiautonomous region's ambitions in the oil-and-gas business aren't going to help defuse potentially explosive ethnic tensions.
- India To Overcome US, China In A Few Decades: Report
April 07 2012 6:48 AM
According to the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2012, China will overtake the U.S. to become the world's largest economy by 2020, but by 2050, India will surpass both.
- Kurds Say Exxon Mobil Committed To Contract With Regional Government
April 06 2012 4:51 PM
The Kurdistan Regional Government announced Friday that the Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) told its president this week the oil-and-gas major is committed to a controversial exploration contract that has angered officials of Iraq's national government.
- Global Food Inflation Back On Agenda As Prices Rise
April 05 2012 9:07 AM
Global food prices rose in March for a third successive month, driven by gains in grains and vegetable oils, the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization said on Thursday, putting food inflation firmly back on the economic agenda.