- US 2nd Quarter GDP Grew 4.2%
August 28 2014 8:45 AM
Stronger consumer spending and business inventory spending lifted the number after a harsh winter slowed the first quarter.
- Recession Looms For Russia
August 27 2014 10:49 AM
With sanctions and bans affecting key sectors, the growth forecast for 2015 has been halved.
- As Wars End, So Do US Defense Jobs
August 26 2014 12:36 PM
The end of a decade of war brings a large drop in workers at America's biggest defense companies. But the cuts may be over soon.
- Burger King Poll: Will You Boycott If Company Moves To Canada?
August 26 2014 11:41 AM
Weigh in here with your opinion on Burger King's planned move to Canada.
- July's Durable Goods Orders Suggest Economy Is Stronger Than It Really Is
August 26 2014 10:43 AM
Record aircraft sales at Boeing boosted orders for American durable goods.
- California Wine Country Quake Could Cost Billions In Losses
August 26 2014 12:30 AM
The quake struck just as the grape-harvesting season was getting under way in Napa County, a significant wine-producing area.
- US Cheesemakers Raise Stink Over Proposed Label Restrictions
August 25 2014 4:04 PM
U.S. cheesemakers fear plans to limit the use of "gouda" and "feta" to cheeses made only in specific European regions.
- Tweeting To Understand The US Economy
August 25 2014 10:35 AM
Using Twitter data, researchers have found a way to estimate employment more quickly and accurately than the government can.
- Fed Should Lay Groundwork For Interest-Rate Hikes: Officials
August 24 2014 10:10 AM
The U.S. Federal Reserve has not boosted its interest rates since 2006.
- Obama Pushes Export-Import Bank Renewal Via Business Owners
August 23 2014 4:36 PM
- China Company Constructing 3D-Printed Houses
August 22 2014 10:11 PM
One Chinese company is using 3D printing to build houses. But it may be too early to say the construction revolution has truly arrived.
- Five Takeaways From Janet Yellen’s Jackson Hole Speech
August 22 2014 11:38 AM
Here are the five biggest takeaways from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s speech at the Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium.
- Janet Yellen Says US Economy Is Inching Closer To Federal Reserve Goals
August 22 2014 10:36 AM
Fed Chair Janet Yellen opened the Jackson Hole conference on Friday.
- Wall Street Banks Raising Salaries For Junior Employees
August 21 2014 11:26 AM
Wall Street is facing pressure to improve working conditions for junior employees after a banking intern's death last year, likely caused by his long hours.
- A Speech And Millions Of American Jobs
August 21 2014 10:45 AM
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's speech this Friday at an economics conference in Wyoming could have big implications for the U.S. economy.
- US Income On The Rise
August 20 2014 10:03 PM
The median income in the U.S. has risen for the last three years, according to a new report, but hasn't recovered to pre-recession levels.
- US Apartment Construction Hits 25-Year High
August 20 2014 10:51 AM
Apartment construction fuels less economic growth than single-family housing construction.
- Prices For US Consumer Goods Rise Modestly In July
August 19 2014 11:07 AM
The weak growth in income signals slack in the labor market, or too many job-seekers eager for work to pressure employers to raise wages.
- The Economic Undercurrent Of Ferguson's Protests
August 17 2014 6:17 PM
Protesters in Ferguson are tired of social, political and economic inequality.
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Making Economists Nervous
August 17 2014 4:56 PM
Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.