- Slow And Steady: Job Growth Picks Up In US
September 04 2014 1:34 PM
Most of the gains are in business services, manufacturing, construction and retail. But many are still unwilling part-timers.
- US Job Growth Remained Strong In August
September 04 2014 10:53 AM
The private sector added 204,000 jobs in August, the fifth consecutive month of more than 200,000 job gains, according to ADP.
- Refinancing Mistakes Cost Homeowners Thousands
September 03 2014 3:03 PM
The U.S. economy misses out on billions of dollars in consumer spending when homeowners don't refinance.
- Most Wage Growth In US Economy Going To Skilled Workers
September 03 2014 2:51 PM
The Fed's beige book offers a peek inside the regional factors that have affected the national economy in the last two months.
- Tuna Stock In Pacific Dangerously Low
September 03 2014 2:39 AM
Pacific Bluefin and BigEye tuna stocks have fallen sharply, forcing regulatory bodies to enforce fishing restrictions to help stocks recover.
- The 40-Hour Workweek Is Longer In The US
September 01 2014 9:54 PM
A Gallup poll found the 40-hour workweek is nearly a full work day longer on average in the U.S.
- Obama Pushes For Increase In Minimum Wage
September 01 2014 5:54 PM
President Obama says the U.S. shouldn't be rewarding companies that take profits and jobs overseas.
- California Governor Lauds Passage Of ‘Historic’ Sick Leave Bill
August 31 2014 9:43 AM
The measure would require Californian employers to provide at least three days of annual paid sick leave to workers.
- IRS Phone Scam: 5 Signs You’re a Target
August 30 2014 5:21 PM
IRS impostors have already bilked scam victims out of millions. Here's how to protect yourself.
- Americans Favor Unions But Also Support Right-To-Work Law: Poll
August 29 2014 3:54 PM
Americans' opinions of labor unions and right-to-work laws explained in six charts and maps.
- US Consumer Spending Fell 0.1% In July
August 29 2014 11:00 AM
Continued cautious household spending could hold back economic growth this fall.
- Six Major Cities With Highest Minimum Wage
August 28 2014 3:47 PM
Los Angeles could join a growing list of cities that have increased the minimum wage for their workers.
- By 2017, Los Angeles' Minimum Wage Could Be $13.25
August 28 2014 1:45 PM
Such a move would catapult Los Angeles into the growing movement of cities and states that are considering hourly-wage adjustments.
- US Economy Expands 4.2%
August 28 2014 8:45 AM
Stronger consumer spending and business inventory spending lifted the number after a harsh winter slowed the first quarter.
- Recession Looms For Russia
August 27 2014 10:49 AM
With sanctions and bans affecting key sectors, the growth forecast for 2015 has been halved.
- As Wars End, So Do US Defense Jobs
August 26 2014 12:36 PM
The end of a decade of war brings a large drop in workers at America's biggest defense companies. But the cuts may be over soon.
- Burger King Poll: Will You Boycott If Company Moves To Canada?
August 26 2014 11:41 AM
Weigh in here with your opinion on Burger King's planned move to Canada.
- July's Durable Goods Orders Suggest Economy Is Stronger Than It Really Is
August 26 2014 10:43 AM
Record aircraft sales at Boeing boosted orders for American durable goods.
- California Wine Country Quake Could Cost Billions In Losses
August 26 2014 12:30 AM
The quake struck just as the grape-harvesting season was getting under way in Napa County, a significant wine-producing area.
- US Cheesemakers Raise Stink Over Proposed Label Restrictions
August 25 2014 4:04 PM
U.S. cheesemakers fear plans to limit the use of "gouda" and "feta" to cheeses made only in specific European regions.