- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Four Reasons US Economic Growth Will Be Lower
February 17 2014 2:53 PM
Robert Gordon published a paper explaining why the American economy is going to be slower, on average, in the next few decades than it has been in the last century.
- From KFC To The White House: Naquasia's Journey
February 14 2014 4:50 PM
This 22-year-old Brooklynite worked 16 months for $7.50 an hour before receiving her first raise. Now she has fewer hours.
- What Do Connecticut and Pakistan Have In Common?
February 13 2014 12:58 PM
An economics professor created a map that shows how U.S. states compare to countries around the world in terms of GDP.
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- What To Expect From Yellen's First Hill Testimony
February 10 2014 4:28 PM
Yellen, historically a monetary policy dove, may not be so dovish as Fed chair.
- Are Emerging Markets Looking At A Tough Year?
February 10 2014 10:27 AM
Data shows developed markets' conditions improving, while emerging markets are moving in the other direction.
- Camden, New Jersey: Can Casinos Help Save America's Poorest City?
February 10 2014 10:15 AM
Gambling is legal only in Atlantic City, but there has been talk of expanding the industry elsewhere in the Garden State.
- January US Jobs Report - The 5 Most Important Takeaways
February 07 2014 10:47 AM
Does this bitter cold winter explain the disappointing January jobs total? And will the Fed stick to its taper timetable?
- January US Jobs Report: Another Disappointment
February 07 2014 8:36 AM
Five years into the recovery after the financial crisis, the U.S. economy still is not creating enough jobs.
- Could New York City Become Cricket Capital Of US?
February 06 2014 10:58 AM
Cricket venues attract a growing population of people from the far-flung corners of the former British Empire who have settled in New York City.
- Which Countries Are Spending More On Defense?
February 06 2014 5:53 AM
The world's total defense budget is forecast to increase to $1.547 trillion this year.
- US Private-Sector Job Gains Slowed In January
February 05 2014 8:38 AM
Private sector job growth remains below trend, but historically consistent with post-financial crisis recoveries.
- Cuba’s Sugar Daddy Wants To Go Back Home
February 05 2014 6:29 AM
Alfonso Fanjul, sugar tycoon and well-known anti-Castro activist, wants to invest in his home country.
- US Debt Ceiling: The Key Dates
February 05 2014 5:56 AM
Fiscal tensions were defused, but not extinguished, when Congress reached a modest budget accord in late 2013.
- Trader Joe's Pulls Out Of Poor Portland Neighborhood
February 04 2014 1:49 PM
In stark contrast to its image as a liberal bastion, Portland has a long history of gentrification.
- China Wheat Intake Up 5,000%
February 04 2014 12:16 PM
The eye-catching statistic reflects China’s growing reliance on wheat imports to feed a nation of 1.35 billion people.
- Expect A Lot Of Noise In January's Jobs Report
February 04 2014 6:49 AM
Economists aren't very confident about their estimates because January is the month with the largest seasonal adjustment factor.