- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The 10 Most Ridiculous US Lawsuits Of 2013
December 23 2013 1:34 PM
True, the U.S. is a litigious society, but sometimes it borders on the theatre of the absurd.
- The Year In US Export-Import Bank Activities
December 20 2013 3:22 PM
One of the last taxpayer-guaranteed export-import incentives of the year benefits GE, Caterpillar.
- What Does November's US Existing Home Sales Slump Mean for 2014?
December 20 2013 6:26 AM
Next year, higher interest rates and tighter lending rules are set to take effect. Is the sales uptrend over?
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- Where Are The Highest-Income Counties In The US?
December 18 2013 8:43 AM
Do the New York and Los Angeles metro areas dominate this list? The answer may surprise you.
- Does China Need To Worry About Its Influence In Myanmar?
December 18 2013 7:17 AM
A Chinese newspaper says Western nations cannot afford to help out Myanmar. But the rival may be closer at hand.
- The States With The Most Underwater Mortgages
December 17 2013 2:56 PM
Despite improvements in the housing market, 6.4 million U.S. homeowners still owed more on their homes than what they're worth, CoreLogic said.
- Meet The Top 10 Creditors To The US
December 17 2013 10:15 AM
Foreign investors didn't shy away from U.S. Treasuries during the government shutdown and the threat to default in October.
- Fed December Meeting Preview: Why There May Not Be A Stimulus Reduction
December 17 2013 4:59 AM
Wednesday's post-FOMC press conference will also be Bernanke’s farewell appearance as Fed chairman.
- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Stanley Fischer To Be Nominated Fed Vice Chair
December 12 2013 8:32 AM
Fischer is well-known in international economic policy. At MIT, Fischer once taught current Fed Chairman Bernanke and ECB President Draghi.
- US Home Prices: Can Bullish Conditions Continue?
December 12 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. home prices have had an impressive run since the end of the housing crash. What's ahead in 2014?
- Why US Income Gap Is Expanding Fastest Among Middle-Aged Adults
December 10 2013 11:46 AM
The U.S. has some of the highest income-inequality levels in the world, among advanced economies, generally faring worse relative to European countries.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Is The Fed Market Dependent Or Data Dependent? [VIDEO]
December 09 2013 1:55 PM
On the heels of Friday's stronger-than-expected November jobs report, is the Fed focusing on economic data or U.S. market data?
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- Leaked TPP Documents Reveal US Pressure On Negotiators
December 09 2013 4:26 AM
The TPP treaty is at risk of failing if member nations do not allow for concessions on key national interest issues.
- WTO Reaches Its First Ever Global Trade Deal
December 07 2013 12:05 PM
Bali summit would contribute nearly $1 trillion to the global economy and create more than 20 million jobs.
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.