- The U.S. Federal Reserve’s latest Beige Book revealed Wednesday how the sector was affected from mid-August through early October.
- The league will fly dozens of researchers to Pittsburgh to decide if all U.S. doctors should change the way they treat concussions.
- Goldman Sachs researchers say declining labor force participation will continue to depress the unemployment rate.
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer says “considerable uncertainties” surround the U.S. economic outlook.
- The fund's chief says global economies still face substantial risks and that "continued monetary policies and improved financial stability" constitute the best course.
- While China's rivalries with India and Japan will complicate progress, it has incentive to get things moving.