- For China's Wealthy, Designer Babies
September 23 2013 11:07 AM
A genetically superior, or at least genetically screened, baby with American citizenship is the latest luxury for China's upper class.
- Bevy Of Fed Speakers To Hit The Mic In The Week Ahead
September 20 2013 11:51 PM
This will provide ample opportunity for policymakers to give some guidance on what financial markets should watch for to avoid a repeat of a major miscommunication.
- Some Americans Optimistic About Jobs, Some Not
September 20 2013 3:51 PM
The highest percentage of Americans since 2008 say now is a good time to find a quality job, but that's not how the working poor see things.
- First Female Central-Bank Governor In Somalia Has One Big Job
September 20 2013 1:23 PM
Somalia needs a fiscal renaissance, something the outgoing bank governor couldn't deliver.
- Financial Crisis Caused Rise In Suicide Rate: Study
September 20 2013 9:42 AM
According to a study, countries with the highest unemployment rates saw the suicide rate increase.
- Icelandic PM Rips European Union Over Financial Crisis
September 20 2013 5:44 AM
Five years after the financial crisis, Iceland has turned its back on EU negotiations, claiming that Europe has learned nothing from the crisis.
- What Do Americans Think Of Ben Bernanke?
September 19 2013 5:24 AM
Only 42 percent of Americans trust Ben Bernanke to do the right thing for the U.S. economy.
- Bernanke Press Conference: Fed Still Could Decrease Stimulus In Late 2013
September 18 2013 1:00 PM
However, he added that if it takes the first step, subsequent steps will still be dependent on continued progress in the economy.
- August US Housing Starts Rise, But Permits Dip
September 18 2013 8:42 AM
Despite the rise, U.S. builders began work on fewer homes than expected in August and new building permits fell.
- US Retail Faring Badly, As Asian Consumers Shop More
September 17 2013 5:33 PM
Holiday retail traffic this year in the U.S. is expected to be lower than last year’s.
- China's Local Government Debt Equals Germany's GDP
September 17 2013 11:32 AM
The combined debt of China's local governments now roughly equals the European nation's gross domestic product.
- US Inflation Remains Tame
September 17 2013 8:41 AM
The overall CPI and the core reading both stayed within the Federal Reserve's target for inflation.
- What's Your Degree Worth? Lifetime US Earnings By Major And Occupation [CHART]
September 17 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. Census Bureau data shows how much undergraduate degree holders will earn in a lifetime, based on their occupation and major.
- Fed Meeting Preview: What Would You Ask Bernanke If You Had The Chance?
September 17 2013 5:48 AM
How about: "If QE3 goes away, what’s the probability of QE4 if the economy backslides?"
- Will Wall Street Get The Fed Chief It Wanted?
September 16 2013 11:25 AM
Janet Yellen's nomination -- and her perceived dovishness -- are hardly guaranteed.
- European Economies Still Most Dominant Globally: Study
September 16 2013 10:55 AM
It might come as a surprise, but European economies leave the United States trailing in their wake, new figures reveal.
- Summers Shuns Bank Events While Fed Hopes Remain
September 15 2013 3:37 PM
Bank-sponsored events are off the agenda as Summers’ waits to see if he’ll be nominated as the next Fed chief.
- White House To Outline Jobs Creation, But ...
September 15 2013 1:54 PM
The U.S. president will tout gains of 7.5 million jobs since early 2010. Great, but the U.S. lost 8.7 million.
- All Eyes Will Be On The US Federal Reserve In The Week Ahead
September 14 2013 4:59 PM
As Barclays put it, next week may be the beginning of the end of “abnormalnomics.”
- August US Retail Sales Lower Than Expected
September 13 2013 8:49 AM
Following the retail sales release, Barclays downgraded U.S. third-quarter gross domestic product growth from 1.6 percent to 1.5 percent.