- In The US, What Kind Of An Inheritance Can You Expect?
December 06 2013 5:22 AM
Not only do more than half of U.S. retirees expect to leave an inheritance, they expect to leave a considerable one.
- A Chinese Disneyland In New York State?
December 06 2013 5:19 AM
Think of it as Chinatown on steroids. Plans for a sprawling China-themed facility in the Catskills are being reviewed.
- This Week In IBTimes Magazine
December 05 2013 4:18 PM
West Bank Housing, Mississippi's Political Transition and French Bullfights - IBTimes Mag: a deep dive into global business & geopolitics.
- US Q3 GDP Gets Huge Upward Revision
December 05 2013 8:42 AM
The U.S. economy grew at a much stronger rate in Q3. What does it mean for the Fed's stimulus reduction timetable?
- 7 Reasons To Be Concerned About The US Economy
December 05 2013 5:21 AM
The U.S. might not have an abject poverty problem, but it is facing some real poverty-causing issues in its labor market.
- The Financial And Equity Worlds According To BlackRock CEO Larry Fink
December 04 2013 4:09 PM
Fink did not mince words about Fed policy and the stock market with a New York audience.
- Fed's Beige Book: Stimulus Plot Thickens
December 04 2013 3:34 PM
The Fed said U.S. economic growth remains modest to moderate; but is the economy strong enough to decrease stimulus?
- Asian-Americans Doing More Than Their Part For The Economy
December 04 2013 2:20 PM
They outspend the average American household by a significant margin, and they comprise the biggest group of online shoppers.
- Is Latest US Jobs Stat A Ray Of Light?
December 04 2013 8:25 AM
ADP said private-sector employment increased by a healthy amount in November, blowing past analysts’ expectations.
- Judge's Ruling Threatens Pensioners In Detroit, Other Bankrupt Cities
December 04 2013 1:15 AM
The ruling, which came as a surprise for Detroit, could impact several other Americans cities with rising pension costs.
- November US Jobs Report Preview: Good Enough To Reduce Fed Stimulus?
December 03 2013 6:27 AM
November’s employment report could tip the finely-balanced stimulus reduction decision either way.
- Trade Chinese Stocks & Copper, In Opposite Directions: Goldman Sachs
December 02 2013 11:01 AM
The bank said this top trade for 2014 best framed risks and rewards related to Chinese economic growth and commodity market risks.
- Never Go Wrong With Real Estate? Global House Prices Back To 2006 Levels
December 02 2013 7:50 AM
House prices around the world are creeping back to pre-crisis levels. What does that say about real estate's performance long-term?
- Social Media Jobs Will Be Non-Existent Within 10 Years
November 29 2013 7:16 AM
Thanks to the rise of a young Internet-savvy generation, social media skills among workers will be taken for granted.
- Thanksgiving vs. Black Friday: How Holiday Sales Took Over Family Dinners And Tradition
November 27 2013 4:42 PM
This video mash-up takes a look at where Thanksgiving consumers traded in their turkeys for discounts.
- Lagos Slum's Legal Victory Inspires Hope
November 27 2013 12:24 PM
A legal victory by the people of the Oto-Ilogbo district offers a potential path forward for those living in the slums of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Who Stands To Lose From China-Japan Territorial Dispute?
November 27 2013 11:08 AM
The recent escalation of the conflict over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands could lead to renewed disruption of bilateral trade and investment between China and Japan.
- WTO Dec. Summit Preview: Bali Or Bust
November 27 2013 7:16 AM
Here's a preview of the WTO’s last-ditch effort to pass watered-down but "deliverable" elements of the Doha Round of trade talks.
- You Won't Believe How Much China's Wealthy Have Stashed Overseas
November 26 2013 12:41 PM
More than half of China’s millionaires are considering or have already taken steps to move money overseas.
- Which Governments Are The Most Generous?
November 22 2013 3:04 PM
Despite donating the most in dollar amount to humanitarian causes in 2010, the U.S. was not the most generous country in the world.