- June US Durable Goods Orders Jump 4.2%
July 25 2013 8:43 AM
What's more, the indicator has sustained steady small increases for the past three months.
- US Jobless Claims Inch Higher
July 25 2013 8:38 AM
Initial jobless claims last week inched 7,000 higher to 343,000, but the more-telling four-week moving average decreased by 1,250 to 345,250.
- Midsize US Companies On Track To Boost Job Growth
July 25 2013 5:44 AM
More than 40% of firms grossing $10 million to $1 billion in revenue expect to hire within the next year.
- How Do US Workers Get To Work?
July 24 2013 6:02 AM
Most of them drive, and far too few carpool.
- Infrastructure: China Might Overtake US By 2014
July 23 2013 2:51 PM
Home to the second-largest stock of built assets, China will likely overtake the U.S. in that regard by mid-decade.
- US Housing Recovery’s Importance May Be Overstated: Barclays
July 23 2013 11:54 AM
Residential investment would need to almost double for the housing recovery to strongly impact broader economic growth, said Barclays economists.
- India Considers Preconditions For Investment Treaty With US
July 23 2013 2:55 AM
India, where Vice President Biden is on a visit, could insist that its judiciary have the final say in disputes involving American businesses.
- Earnings Buzz: McDonald's, Halliburton, UBS, Netflix
July 22 2013 10:48 AM
McDonald's Corp. (MCD), UBS (NYSE:UBS) and Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL) reported second-quarter earnings this morning.
- June US Existing-Home Sales Dip
July 22 2013 10:23 AM
However, the National Association of Realtors says, despite June's results, home prices continue to advance at double-digit rates.
- US VP Biden In India Eyeing Possible Trade, Nuclear Power Deals
July 22 2013 6:39 AM
Biden’s visit will focus on bilateral trade and a civil nuclear power deal, as well as intellectual property rights and regional security.
- US-India Poultry Dispute At WTO
July 22 2013 2:18 AM
U.S. wants India to lift a ban on poultry imports saying the latter’s concerns over avian flu are unfounded.
- Five Reasons Why The Fed Should Not Decrease Stimulus
July 18 2013 4:09 PM
The U.S. economy is just starting to gain momentum. So why would one want to squelch it by decreasing quantitative easing too soon?
- What The World Thinks: US vs. China
July 18 2013 1:35 PM
67 percent approve of the U.S., but only 50 percent approve of China.
- US Stock Markets Hit Record Intra-Day High
July 18 2013 12:50 PM
Positive economic reports and upbeat corporate earnings sparked a rally, as the central bank's chairman spoke in Washington.
- US Jobless Claims Plunge To 334,000
July 18 2013 8:45 AM
However, the Labor Department cautions that July's jobless data can be volatile, due to seasonal auto retooling and school shutdowns.
- Senators Agree On Draft Deal On Student Loans
July 18 2013 2:55 AM
Senators agree to cut interest rates on loans for undergraduates this fall, but student loans could be linked to market rates in future.
- Are Home Prices Rising Too Fast In Some States?
July 17 2013 11:32 AM
While house prices in most states are still well below their mid-2000s peak, they’re hitting new highs in five states and Washington, D.C.
- New York City To Sell Storm-Surge Bonds
July 17 2013 10:39 AM
The bonds would cover surges, like those caused by Superstorm Sandy in 2012 and Hurricane Donna in 1960.
- Bernanke On Hill: We Could Reduce - Or Increase - Stimulus, If Needed
July 17 2013 9:01 AM
The Fed chairman underscored that the stimulus reduction is "by no means on a preset course."
- June US Housing Starts Slump
July 17 2013 8:50 AM
Starts on apartment buildings and other multi-unit facilities led the June decline, which was more than expected.