- Check Out The Richest People In US Oil And Gas
January 30 2014 12:20 PM
Out of the 10 richest Americans linked to oil and gas, two are wholly self-made, and four inherited their wealth.
- US Q4 GDP Grew At A 3.2 Percent Annual Rate
January 30 2014 8:55 AM
U.S. growth over the second half of the year came in at a 3.7 percent pace, up sharply from 1.8 percent in the first six months of the year.
- The (Minimum Wage) States Of The Union
January 29 2014 10:28 PM
Congress has adjusted the wage floor only five times since 1974, so states have had to step in to pick up the slack.
- Hedge Fund Guru: Financial Firms Are ‘Lawless’
January 29 2014 11:00 AM
But wait, there’s more: He also says raising the U.S. minimum wage is bad for the poor.
- US Q4 GDP Preview: A Consumer Tailwind?
January 29 2014 6:58 AM
The only Q4 GDP report weak spot is likely to be government spending - which was hurt by the government shutdown.
- How Large Will The Fed's Stimulus Reduction Be?
January 28 2014 2:44 PM
At this stage, there's no good reason (not even the recent emerging market wobbles) for the Fed to deviate from its stimulus reduction plan.
- Fool’s Gold: California Has The Highest Poverty Rate In US
January 28 2014 6:30 AM
With an annual GDP of some $1.9 trillion, California ranks as the eighth largest economy in the world (roughly similar to the economic output of India or Italy).
- Here’s How Much Digital Trade Affects Economies
January 27 2014 12:10 PM
Countries with significant constraints on Internet use are losing out on average 2.5 percent of their annual GDP.
- Why The $1T Farm Bill May Be Passed In Days
January 27 2014 2:52 AM
Will funding for the food stamp program, which serves 47 million Americans, be cut by a proposed $9 billion as part of the bill’s provisions?
- Five Policies That Will Grow The US Economy And Create Jobs
January 24 2014 12:04 PM
If you think it's impossible for the U.S. economy to ever record GDP growth above 5%, think again.
- Guess Who’s Making More Money Than You?
January 24 2014 6:14 AM
Garbage men in Newport Beach, Calif., get paid more than most sales managers.
- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- Who Are America's Long-Term Unemployed?
January 22 2014 1:27 PM
As Congress debates a $6.8 billion package to extend emergency jobless benefits, here’s some sobering data.
- Mapping Celebrities: Where Do NYC’s Rich And Famous Live?
January 22 2014 1:25 PM
More celebrities live in one noted NYC neighborhood than in any other.
- The Latest In US Grocery PC: Humanely Raised Hogs
January 22 2014 11:42 AM
There are no official stats on humanely raised hogs, though as a slice of the world’s pork market, they likely aren’t overwhelming.
- Where Do US Millionaires Live?
January 21 2014 11:34 AM
You might be surprised to learn which states have gained and lost the most seven-figure-income residents.
- One Analyst's Evaluation Of The Debt / GDP Growth Relationship
January 21 2014 8:44 AM
One non-Keynesian analyst argued that using debt to boost economic growth is dangerous.
- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- The Florida Railroad - Can Private Equity Succeed Where Public Policy Failed?
January 17 2014 1:55 PM
Floridians have been trying since the 1960s to build their own railway.