- Where Do Women Earn More In The US?
September 30 2013 12:16 PM
The gender wage gap is a lot wider in certain U.S. states, compared to others.
- Slavery And Economics - The 150-Year-Old Debate
September 30 2013 11:32 AM
For years, economists believed that slavery was incredibly profitable for planters, but now people are starting to think differently.
- September US Jobs Report: Is Slow Growth The New Normal?
September 30 2013 5:50 AM
With no clear guidance from the Fed on its stimulus reduction criteria, investor uncertainty about this decision is very high.
- Republicans Vs. Democrats: How Will The Budget Stalemate Affect You?
September 28 2013 9:58 AM
The government shutdowns in late 1995 and early 1996 inflicted considerable economic costs, as federal workers were hit with delays in pay.
- US Jobs Report, Japan Tax-Hike Decision Highlight Week Ahead
September 27 2013 11:56 PM
The focus next week will be on the U.S. nonfarm payrolls report, the ECB and BoJ interest-rate decisions, Japan’s Tankan survey and sales-tax hike, and China’s PMI data.
- If You’re A Woman, Stay Away From Louisiana
September 27 2013 8:27 AM
But you might want to move to Maryland. A new study ranks states by how women-friendly they are.
- You Are Invited To Join The Gold Rush In Myanmar
September 27 2013 5:49 AM
Myanmar leaders and experts speak to the type of "responsible investment" that is needed in the world's next frontier.
- 7 Things To Know About China’s Debt Time Bomb
September 27 2013 5:45 AM
China is currently sitting on a local government debt time bomb and the clock is ticking.
- Enjoy Q3 Stock Gains, They Won't Last: Analyst
September 26 2013 10:09 AM
According to an economic analyst, you should brace yourself for "pathological speculative activity and rapid balance sheet expansion."
- Narrowing Gender Gap Boosts GDP: IMF Study
September 24 2013 3:09 PM
A new report from the IMF outlines the untapped potential of a worldwide female labor force that still isn't going to work.
- Goldman Sachs Predicts Next Fed Chair: Guess Who?
September 24 2013 11:23 AM
President Barack Obama appears likely to nominate Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen, and the announcement will come fairly soon.
- For China's Wealthy, Designer Babies
September 23 2013 11:07 AM
A genetically superior, or at least genetically screened, baby with American citizenship is the latest luxury for China's upper class.
- Bevy Of Fed Speakers To Hit The Mic In The Week Ahead
September 20 2013 11:51 PM
This will provide ample opportunity for policymakers to give some guidance on what financial markets should watch for to avoid a repeat of a major miscommunication.
- Some Americans Optimistic About Jobs, Some Not
September 20 2013 3:51 PM
The highest percentage of Americans since 2008 say now is a good time to find a quality job, but that's not how the working poor see things.
- First Female Central-Bank Governor In Somalia Has One Big Job
September 20 2013 1:23 PM
Somalia needs a fiscal renaissance, something the outgoing bank governor couldn't deliver.
- Financial Crisis Caused Rise In Suicide Rate: Study
September 20 2013 9:42 AM
According to a study, countries with the highest unemployment rates saw the suicide rate increase.
- Icelandic PM Rips European Union Over Financial Crisis
September 20 2013 5:44 AM
Five years after the financial crisis, Iceland has turned its back on EU negotiations, claiming that Europe has learned nothing from the crisis.
- What Do Americans Think Of Ben Bernanke?
September 19 2013 5:24 AM
Only 42 percent of Americans trust Ben Bernanke to do the right thing for the U.S. economy.
- Bernanke Press Conference: Fed Still Could Decrease Stimulus In Late 2013
September 18 2013 1:00 PM
However, he added that if it takes the first step, subsequent steps will still be dependent on continued progress in the economy.
- August US Housing Starts Rise, But Permits Dip
September 18 2013 8:42 AM
Despite the rise, U.S. builders began work on fewer homes than expected in August and new building permits fell.