- October US Retail Sales: A Ray Of Light?
November 22 2013 7:07 AM
A key question is whether wage growth will increase to propel sales higher on a sustained basis.
- Africa Rises, But Employment And Broad-Based Growth Lag: Report
November 21 2013 1:59 PM
Fast economic growth in developing countries isn't doing enough to ameliorate poverty.
- Yellen One Step Closer To Making History
November 21 2013 10:27 AM
The Senate Banking Committee voted 14-8 Thursday to approve the nomination of Janet Yellen to be Federal Reserve chairwoman.
- In The US, It's Still A 'Mancession'
November 21 2013 9:44 AM
Women have regained all the jobs they lost during the recession. Why haven't men?
- Oct. Fed Minutes - Stimulus Reduction Ahead?
November 20 2013 2:21 PM
A couple of participants favored lowering the 6.5 percent unemployment rate threshold.
- The 10 Most Expensive Addresses In The World
November 20 2013 12:25 PM
If you live in these locales, you're not in the low-rent district.
- Chinese Military's Supercomputer Twice As Fast As US' Best
November 20 2013 11:51 AM
China has unveiled the world's fastest supercomputer, and U.S. experts are likely raising their eyebrows.
- Deficits Versus Growth: Ryan’s Word Against Summers’
November 19 2013 5:58 PM
The two influential figures sparred in front of 100 top executives at a Wall Street Journal event in Washington.
- A Billionaire Here, A Billionaire There, And Pretty Soon We're Talking About Real Money
November 19 2013 3:16 PM
The Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows that the United States has the most billionaires of any country, but Asia is catching up.
- World Bank President Bullish On Africa: WSJ CEO Council
November 19 2013 2:55 PM
Burkina Faso, for example, is primed to grow if it can access long-term capital, the World Bank leader said.
- Israeli Central Bank Figure Defends His Student Bernanke
November 19 2013 11:00 AM
A senior monetary policy thinker and mentor to Fed chair Ben Bernanke gave his take on the central bank's actions during the global economic crisis.
- OECD's Tepid Global Growth Outlook
November 19 2013 9:28 AM
OECD blames slower growth on an emerging-market slowdown, a struggling euro zone, and the political and monetary policy uncertainty in the U.S.
- Australian Researchers Develop Cow-Hearding Robot
November 14 2013 10:23 AM
They hope the robot can be modified to perform other tasks like checking soil quality and water troughs.
- Yellen: The Fed Is Not A Prisoner Of The Markets
November 14 2013 9:52 AM
Federal Reserve Vice Chair Janet Yellen passed her first Capitol Hill test and pointed toward a 2014 stimulus reduction.
- Janet Yellen Hearing: What To Expect
November 13 2013 2:01 PM
Yellen's most prominent critics on monetary policy may suggest that Fed policy has been too aggressive.
- From The Ground Up: Oil Is At A Four-Month Low With More Price Weakness To Come
November 13 2013 11:51 AM
Today's cheap gasoline prices aren't a fluke. The pump price is down for all sorts of reasons, many of which aren't going away anytime soon.
- Global GDP Growth In '14: Inching Up
November 12 2013 2:02 PM
The report from the Conference Board also forecasts slow economic growth for the U.S. next year.
- Meet Eduardo Saverin, The Brazilian Visionary Who Helped Build Facebook
November 12 2013 6:22 AM
How the Brazilian went from Harvard student to billionaire -- via Facebook.
- Philippine Typhoon Damage May Reach $14 Billion
November 11 2013 8:34 AM
President Aquino III has said that the government will use 23 billion pesos ($533 million) to help immediate salvage and rebuilding operations.
- Iran Sanctions Not To Be Lifted Anytime Soon
November 09 2013 4:08 PM
After years of sanctions Iran is getting closer to having them lifted, all while trying to trade oil for produce with China.