- Senators Agree On Draft Deal On Student Loans
July 18 2013 2:55 AM
Senators agree to cut interest rates on loans for undergraduates this fall, but student loans could be linked to market rates in future.
- Are Home Prices Rising Too Fast In Some States?
July 17 2013 11:32 AM
While house prices in most states are still well below their mid-2000s peak, they’re hitting new highs in five states and Washington, D.C.
- New York City To Sell Storm-Surge Bonds
July 17 2013 10:39 AM
The bonds would cover surges, like those caused by Superstorm Sandy in 2012 and Hurricane Donna in 1960.
- Bernanke On Hill: We Could Reduce - Or Increase - Stimulus, If Needed
July 17 2013 9:01 AM
The Fed chairman underscored that the stimulus reduction is "by no means on a preset course."
- June US Housing Starts Slump
July 17 2013 8:50 AM
Starts on apartment buildings and other multi-unit facilities led the June decline, which was more than expected.
- Salaries To Rise Just Slightly In 2014: Mercer Study
July 17 2013 5:42 AM
Despite a strengthening economy, base salaries are only expected to rise by 2.9 percent in 2014, just modestly better than 2013's 2.8 percent.
- Why Minimum Wage Isn't Enough: McDonald's
July 16 2013 10:32 AM
A budgeting guide created by Visa for McDonald's unintentionally showed minimum wage isn't enough to live off practically.
- June US Consumer Prices Jump 0.5%
July 16 2013 8:47 AM
However, the core rate, which excludes food and energy, rose just 0.2% - or well within the Federal Reserve's 'comfort zone' for inflation.
- Trayvon Martin’s Death And Skittles: A Peculiar Marketing Dilemma
July 15 2013 3:52 PM
Skittles has gained prominence as a symbol of the innocence of Martin, who was only 17 when George Zimmerman killed him.
- June US Retail Sales: Slow Growth
July 15 2013 8:52 AM
Retail sales maintained their modest incline in June, but the stat was still less than Wall Street's consensus estimate.
- India Pushes For Investment-Treaty Talks With US
July 13 2013 6:44 PM
India wants to kick-start talks on a bilateral investment treaty, but the U.S. is concerned about India’s policies.
- The State Of The American Dream
July 12 2013 4:23 PM
The latest American Housing Survey shows that for every homeless person in 2011, there were about 21 vacant houses.
- July US Consumer Sentiment Dips
July 12 2013 10:11 AM
The July stat, a preliminary reading from the University of Michigan, missed the consensus estimate by 0.8 points.
- June US Producer Prices Jump
July 12 2013 8:44 AM
The 0.8% jump was led by a 7.2% surge in wholesale gasoline prices. Meanwhile, the core PPI rate rose just 0.2%.
- And The State With The Safest Work Environment Is?
July 11 2013 10:44 AM
A new report highlights the most work threatening industries by U.S. location, based on the rates of injuries.
- US Temp Hiring To Outpace Perm Hiring For Rest Of Year
July 11 2013 10:07 AM
Employers say temp hiring will increase 10 percentage points above last year's level while permanent hiring will remain stagnant.
- US Jobless Claims Spike To 360,000
July 11 2013 8:41 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims rose by 16,000 to 360,000 in the latest week, and the key 4-week moving average increased to 351,750.
- June FOMC Minutes - Half Of Fed Board Wants To Taper
July 10 2013 2:13 PM
The June 18-19 minutes showed that about half the participants wanted to bring asset purchases to a close late this year.
- Three Reports Reflect Relative Health Of US Economy
July 10 2013 1:23 PM
A trio of economic reports point to soft but positive signs in coming months.
- May US Inventories Down - GDP Pick-Up Ahead?
July 10 2013 1:05 PM
May wholesale stock declined 0.5 percent from April, the steepest drop in 20 months.