- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- The Florida Railroad - Can Private Equity Succeed Where Public Policy Failed?
January 17 2014 1:55 PM
Floridians have been trying since the 1960s to build their own railway.
- What Would US Poverty Rates Be Without Government Programs?
January 17 2014 12:03 PM
It's the 50th anniversary of the War on Poverty, and poverty rates remain relatively unchanged. Why?
- 2014: Milestone Year For Hispanics In California
January 17 2014 10:22 AM
A new report shows that within a few months 39% of California’s population will be Latino, and there are quite a few economic implications.
- The Yellen-Fischer Duo: A 'Dream Team' For The Fed
January 16 2014 5:27 AM
The Yellen-Fischer duo arrives at a crucial time. Their task now is to manage the QE exit while avoiding major hiccups.
- 7 Things Every Investor Should Know About The US Economy
January 15 2014 2:27 PM
Concerning the journey to U.S. economic healing, we're not half-way home; but the nation is progressing.
- Eliminating Gender Pay Gap: Progress Slows
January 15 2014 2:25 PM
Pew Research explains why the hourly pay gap between men and women has narrowed and yet persisted in the last 30 years.
- Minimum Wage Doesn't Reduce Poverty: Research
January 15 2014 12:09 PM
Economic scholars study who really benefits the most from minimum wage increases.
- No Matter How You Slice It, US Income Inequality Comes Up Ugly
January 15 2014 9:35 AM
There are many ways to chart income inequality and none of them make for a pretty picture.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- South Korea Prefers China Over The TPP
January 13 2014 10:45 AM
South Korea says it will push for a South Korea-China free trade agreement over joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) this year.
- 10 Things To Expect From China In 2014
January 13 2014 3:18 AM
An executive at consulting firm McKinsey & Company has drawn up a list of 10 things that could dominate the Year of the Wooden Horse.
- Will House Flipping Decelerate In 2014?
January 10 2014 11:36 AM
A companion question: Were U.S. home prices buoyed artificially by business investors in the market for quick profits?
- Just How Bad Was The December Jobs Report?
January 10 2014 9:35 AM
While the U.S. jobs report was a huge disappointment, economists say the picture will look very different when we get revisions next month.
- Fed's Stimulus Reduction Stance
January 08 2014 2:22 PM
The central bank's quantitative easing reduction philosophy in December can hardly be characterized as glide-path.
- Exactly How Does The US Census Bureau Estimate Poverty?
January 08 2014 11:52 AM
The U.S. Census Bureau uses one measure from the 1960s and one measure from this century to calculate poverty rates. Compare them here
- What The 2022 US Workforce Demos Mean For You
January 08 2014 10:37 AM
Demographic change will affect the workforce in several ways in the decade ahead.
- December US Private-Sector Jobs Gain - 2013's Biggest
January 08 2014 8:31 AM
The above-consensus December total adds another data point that suggests the U.S. economic recovery is strengthening.
- Why Are US Consumers Feeling So Good Right Now?
January 07 2014 2:11 PM
U.S. consumers are feeling a little more peppy lately. Is it evidence-based or superficial?