- China Factory Profit Growth Slows In May Despite More Positive Data
June 27 2014 8:12 AM
China's industrial companies saw their profits grow at the slowest pace this year in May.
- Prepare For A Slowdown: West Coast Port Workers' Contract About To Run Out
June 26 2014 6:11 PM
U.S. West Coast ports are likely to see productivity fall as a six-year labor contract ends on Monday.
- What Is An El Niño?
June 26 2014 4:40 PM
Scientists worldwide expect a medium-strength El Niño to occur in the Pacific this year. We explain what that means.
- El Niño Highly Likely In 2014: UN
June 26 2014 9:34 AM
The World Meteorological Organization put high odds on an El Niño event this fall.
- Is The US Headed Back Into Recession?
June 25 2014 7:42 PM
A Commerce Department report had many wondering whether the U.S. is headed back to the worst economic times since the Great Depression.
- US Economy Shrank Almost 3% In First Quarter
June 25 2014 8:42 AM
The U.S. economy performed at its weakest in almost five years.
- Chinese Projects Find A Home In America's Small Towns
June 24 2014 8:44 PM
"Ni hao, y'all." Small towns in the U.S. are bidding for Chinese projects.
- Global Warming Could Wreak Havoc On Businesses: Report
June 24 2014 8:20 AM
New York ex-Mayor Michael Bloomberg, hedge-fund billionaire Tom Steyer and former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson funded the report.
- India To Expand Civilian Nuclear Agreement With IAEA
June 24 2014 5:57 AM
India is expanding a nuclear plant that could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to make five atom bombs a year, according to reports.
- California Drought, Heat Break Records
June 23 2014 11:27 AM
Nearly one-third of California is experiencing "exceptional" drought levels as the state withers under its highest temperatures on record.
- Lawmakers Step Up Pressure To Boot Brunei From Free Trade Talks
June 19 2014 4:50 PM
Rights activists says Brunei should be kicked out of free-trade talks after it legalized capital punishment for gays and adulterers.
- Long-Term Unemployed Americans More Likely To Be Obese
June 19 2014 1:50 PM
Though they’re still not sure why, researchers say the connection is clear.
- Argentina's Debt Tango Moving To NY Next Week
June 18 2014 4:40 PM
"Everyone stay calm. This has been studied extensively so that the reconstruction of Argentina isn't jeopardized.”
- Fed Bumps Up Rate-Hike Path, But Sees Lower Long-Term Rates
June 18 2014 4:05 PM
"Economic activity is rebounding in the current quarter and will continue to expand at a moderate pace."
- Obama’s Pittsburgh Pledge Won’t Get Him 866,000 Manufacturing Jobs
June 17 2014 3:54 PM
The president said he’ll give entrepreneurs access costly technology. That won’t create the 29,000 manufacturing jobs he needs every month.
- Executive Order On LGBT Rights Could Have Profound Effect
June 16 2014 7:45 PM
Obama's executive order will ban discrimination by companies that win federal contracts.
- No US Supreme Court Appeal For Argentina In Debt Case [UPDATE]
June 16 2014 12:47 PM
President Kirchner said Argentina wouldn't default on its restructured debt.
- Why It's So Hard To Get Hired
June 13 2014 4:40 PM
Companies that survived the Great Recession are a lot more cautious in their hiring decisions.
- Credit Rating Agencies Downgrade South African Economy
June 13 2014 4:31 PM
The five-month platinum miners strike may be coming to an end in South Africa, but credit ratings agencies say, "Enough is enough."
- Millennials Better Start Saving Money Now
June 11 2014 7:16 PM
Even as millennials look for a first job, a new report makes it clear that their financial struggles are likely to be lifelong.