- Future Of Urban Farming Takes Root
August 09 2014 9:38 AM
By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on Earth, with the vast majority residing in dense urban areas. But how will we feed them all?
- Washington Stores Sell $3.8M Worth Of Marijuana In First Month
August 09 2014 4:29 AM
Washington is following Colorado's model of taxing marijuana in two ways, via excise taxes and sales taxes.
- White House Delays Proposal On 'Factoryless Goods Producers'
August 08 2014 7:46 PM
Criticized for trying to juke the job stats, the White House delays its proposal to inflate the government's manufacturing job figures.
- Russia's Food Import Ban Will Lead To Winners And Losers
August 08 2014 7:19 PM
As the ban rolls out, nations not affected by the prohibition have an opportunity to step in and fill the gap left behind by economic giants.
- Richest Of The Rich Are Even Richer Than You Thought
August 07 2014 11:31 AM
The world’s richest 1 percent owns more wealth than economists previously thought, depriving countries of billions in tax revenue.
- US Economy Hasn't Grown Rapidly 'In A Financially Sustainable Way': Larry Summers
August 06 2014 12:01 PM
The former treasury secretary said even during the bubble leading up to the recession, growth was merely adequate.
- US Economy Growing Faster Than Expected
August 06 2014 10:17 AM
Imports of oil, cell phones, computer accessories and other foreign-made products fell to a five-month low in June.
- Income Inequality And ‘Education Gap’ Hurting Growth: S&P
August 05 2014 6:26 PM
Standard & Poor’s says income disparities are slowing U.S. economic growth -- and that fixing education could help.
- US Services Sector Grew At Fastest Pace In Nearly 10 Years
August 05 2014 2:54 PM
The ISM Non-manufacturing Index shows the U.S. services sector, 68 percent of GDP, grew at its fastest pace in July since 2005.
- US Economic Confidence Slipped In July
August 05 2014 11:39 AM
Nearly 60 percent of Americans think the U.S. economy is getting worse.
- Obama To Announce $14B In US Corporate Investments In Africa
August 05 2014 7:02 AM
The announcement will occur at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum, part of a three-day Africa summit in Washington.
- US Poverty Growing Faster In Suburbs Than Big Cities
August 04 2014 4:44 PM
The number of Americans living in poor neighborhoods grew three times faster in suburbs than cities in the 2000s.
- How Much Do You Spend In Walking-Around Money Every Day?
August 04 2014 12:16 PM
Americans earning more than $90,000 a year led a rise in daily consumer spending in July, while middle- and low-income Americans spent less.
- Americans Living On East, West Coasts In More Debt
August 03 2014 4:58 PM
Young professionals in New England and the Pacific Northwest have similar debt figures, but are better off than Southerners.
- US July 2014 Unemployment Report: This Is What You Need To Know About US Unemployment
August 01 2014 8:56 AM
The number of unemployed Americans changed little in July.
- US Unemployment Rate Inches Up To 6.2%, 200K Jobs Added
August 01 2014 8:41 AM
July marked the sixth straight month that employment has expanded by more than 200,000 jobs.
- US Job Growth Slowing, But Solid
August 01 2014 6:58 AM
The unemployment rate likely held at a six year-low of 6.1 percent, but could surprise on the downside.
- Failed WTO Deal Will Have 'Significant Consequences:'
August 01 2014 2:03 AM
The WTO's landmark Trade Facilitation Agreement fell through as India demanded a parallel pact for subsidies and stockpiling food.
- Private Sector Adds 218,000 Jobs In July
July 30 2014 8:57 AM
Private job gains in June were 281,000, which was the strongest reading since November 2012.
- US Economy Grew 4% in Second Quarter
July 30 2014 8:52 AM
During the second quarter, American spending increased by 2.5 percent with shoppers going big on cars and trucks.