- Who Did The IRS Pay Tax Refunds To In 2011?
November 08 2013 1:27 AM
The IRS refunded $3.6 billion in tax returns to fraudulent filers and is reported to be putting safeguards in place to reduce identity theft.
- Yellen's First Senate Hot Seat Day: Next Thursday
November 07 2013 4:24 PM
The Senate Banking Committee announced a Nov. 14 hearing on the nomination of Janet Yellen for Federal Reserve chair.
- Where Do Billionaires Live?
November 07 2013 3:17 PM
Cue Frank Sinatra's theme song - the one from the latter part of his career.
- US Q3 GDP - Pointing To Better Times Ahead?
November 07 2013 8:44 AM
The U.S. economy grew at the fastest pace in a year and a half, topping economists' estimate.
- Southeast Asian Countries May Be On The Cusp Of A Golden Demographic Era
November 07 2013 6:21 AM
Unlike developed economies, many Southeast Asian economies are fueled by a growing working-age population.
- October US Jobs Report: Looking Past The Shutdown Noise
November 06 2013 6:18 AM
Prepare to be disappointed by the October jobs report, as well as the first reading for Q3 U.S. GDP.
- Global Foreign Investment Plunged In Q2: OECD
November 04 2013 1:12 PM
What's more, outgoing investment by OECD economies fell by 20 percent to $155 billion.
- Fragile Markets Could Trigger Global Recession and Drag Down US Economy
November 02 2013 4:23 PM
Economist David Levy warned in a recent newsletter that China, Japan and Europe pose a potential risk to a slowly recovering US economy.
- Govt Shutdown Didn't Hurt US Economy: Survey
November 01 2013 9:22 PM
Commodity markets, manufacturing, and retail sales all show signs of strength despite the shutdown.
- Average Annual Income In US Is Highest In OECD
November 01 2013 4:51 PM
The average annual income in the U.S. was almost triple the average in Estonia.
- Could The TPP Force China To Reform?
November 01 2013 11:39 AM
The 12-member strong trade alliance, if completed, could represent a major challenge to China.
- Stunner From PIMCO’s Bill Gross On Taxing US Investments
October 31 2013 1:17 PM
The head of $2 trillion in assets under management said he now finds his "intellectual leanings shifting to the plight of labor."
- Alan Greenspan Owes Nobody An Apology
October 31 2013 11:34 AM
Dean Baker, The Guardian's economist, argues that Alan Greenspan owes America an apology for causing the entire financial crisis of 2008. Really?
- Who’s The Richest Person In Your State?
October 30 2013 1:56 PM
The richest man in Washington, and all of America, remains Bill Gates. Find out who's the richest in your state with this interactive map.
- October US Private-Sector Job Gain Disappoints
October 30 2013 8:21 AM
The ADP private-sector job creation report once again disappointed investors -- coming in below the consensus estimate.
- 6 Things To Know About The Illegal US Drug Trade: ConvergEx
October 29 2013 8:17 AM
Powder cocaine is big in New England, painkillers are the drug of choice in the Midwest and the Pacific West is the top location for inhalant use.
- October Fed Meeting Preview - US Economy Strong Enough To Reduce Stimulus?
October 29 2013 5:48 AM
The Oct. 29-30 FOMC meeting will be more notable for what is discussed than what is done, economists predict.
- A Surprising US Fed, State, Local Gov't Job Trend
October 24 2013 11:40 AM
Conventional wisdom asserts that the U.S. economy is being overrun with government employees - but the statistics indicate otherwise.
- Why It Costs More To Ship Tomatoes Within Central America Than To The US
October 24 2013 6:20 AM
Trade between Central American countries has been hurt by the poor roads conditions, high fuel costs and lengthy customs procedures.
- What Google Search Trends Say About The Economy
October 23 2013 12:23 PM
Searches for “stock quotes” have gone down, while searches for “food stamps” are on the rise.