- Richest Of The Rich Are Even Richer Than You Thought
August 07 2014 11:31 AM
The world’s richest 1 percent owns more wealth than economists previously thought, depriving countries of billions in tax revenue.
- US Economy Hasn't Grown Rapidly 'In A Financially Sustainable Way': Larry Summers
August 06 2014 12:01 PM
The former treasury secretary said even during the bubble leading up to the recession, growth was merely adequate.
- US Economy Growing Faster Than Expected
August 06 2014 10:17 AM
Imports of oil, cell phones, computer accessories and other foreign-made products fell to a five-month low in June.
- Income Inequality And ‘Education Gap’ Hurting Growth: S&P
August 05 2014 6:26 PM
Standard & Poor’s says income disparities are slowing U.S. economic growth -- and that fixing education could help.
- US Services Sector Grew At Fastest Pace In Nearly 10 Years
August 05 2014 2:54 PM
The ISM Non-manufacturing Index shows the U.S. services sector, 68 percent of GDP, grew at its fastest pace in July since 2005.
- US Economic Confidence Slipped In July
August 05 2014 11:39 AM
Nearly 60 percent of Americans think the U.S. economy is getting worse.
- Obama To Announce $14B In US Corporate Investments In Africa
August 05 2014 7:02 AM
The announcement will occur at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum, part of a three-day Africa summit in Washington.
- US Poverty Growing Faster In Suburbs Than Big Cities
August 04 2014 4:44 PM
The number of Americans living in poor neighborhoods grew three times faster in suburbs than cities in the 2000s.
- How Much Do You Spend In Walking-Around Money Every Day?
August 04 2014 12:16 PM
Americans earning more than $90,000 a year led a rise in daily consumer spending in July, while middle- and low-income Americans spent less.
- Americans Living On East, West Coasts In More Debt
August 03 2014 4:58 PM
Young professionals in New England and the Pacific Northwest have similar debt figures, but are better off than Southerners.
- US July 2014 Unemployment Report: This Is What You Need To Know About US Unemployment
August 01 2014 8:56 AM
The number of unemployed Americans changed little in July.
- US Unemployment Rate Inches Up To 6.2%, 200K Jobs Added
August 01 2014 8:41 AM
July marked the sixth straight month that employment has expanded by more than 200,000 jobs.
- US Job Growth Slowing, But Solid
August 01 2014 6:58 AM
The unemployment rate likely held at a six year-low of 6.1 percent, but could surprise on the downside.
- Failed WTO Deal Will Have 'Significant Consequences:'
August 01 2014 2:03 AM
The WTO's landmark Trade Facilitation Agreement fell through as India demanded a parallel pact for subsidies and stockpiling food.
- Private Sector Adds 218,000 Jobs In July
July 30 2014 8:57 AM
Private job gains in June were 281,000, which was the strongest reading since November 2012.
- US Economy Grew 4% in Second Quarter
July 30 2014 8:52 AM
During the second quarter, American spending increased by 2.5 percent with shoppers going big on cars and trucks.
- Tobacco Firms Avoided Over $3B In Taxes
July 30 2014 6:15 AM
The U.S. Government Accountability Office called for legislative change to curb tax-avoidance by tobacco companies.
- First Weekend In August Tax Free In Many States
July 29 2014 1:50 PM
Tax Free Weekend 2014, a holiday where no sales tax is tacked onto purchases for eligible items, will be celebrated by many states during the first weekend in August.
- More Than 80,000 Pentagon Employees Don't Pay Their Taxes
July 29 2014 9:29 AM
Apparently having a top-secret security clearance doesn't require an IRS audit.
- US Exporting Pollution In An Attempt To Clean House: Report
July 28 2014 7:41 AM
The U.S. has been accused of “political greenwashing” and its energy policies blamed for an increase in global emissions.