- US Retail Sales May 2013: Biggest Growth In 3 Months
June 12 2013 8:43 AM
Analysts are projecting a 0.4 percent growth for total retail sales in May, the highest in last three months.
- Americans Are Moving Less - Is That A Good Thing?
June 12 2013 5:56 AM
In a market economy, labor mobility is a factor that mitigates the effect of economic shocks.
- US Hiring Revs Up, But Elsewhere...
June 11 2013 8:39 AM
Hiring expectations around the world remain a mixed bag as Europe and Asia stagnate and the U.S. rebounds.
- Indian Rupee Falls To New Low, Puts Central Bank In A Fix
June 11 2013 3:22 AM
The Indian rupee's continuing decline to record lows reduces chances of a rate cut, which is required to help revive India's slowing economy.
- US Retail Sales Among Key Economic Events June 10-14
June 09 2013 1:20 PM
U.S. consumer sentiment will also be in focus this week.
- China Trumps The US In The Battle Over Bitcoin
June 08 2013 10:18 AM
American startups embraced Bitcoin early, but the Web-based currency is more popular in China, which could leave the U.S. at a disadvantage.
- Bilderberg Group To Host 140 Leaders Of Europe, US
June 07 2013 9:32 PM
Leaders of Europe and North America will debate some of the biggest issues facing society during the 2013 Bilderberg Group summit this weekend.
- US Subprime Auto Lending Approaching Pre-Recession Levels
June 07 2013 2:12 PM
Riskier auto financing is on the rise, as are repos, but the market seems OK with that -- for now.
- US, China, EU In Talks Over Controversial Solar Panel Tariffs
June 07 2013 12:20 PM
The US, China and the EU are in initial talks to resolve trade tariff disputes related to the international solar panel trade.
- Nashville Father Has 22 Kids With 14 Different Women
June 07 2013 8:55 AM
Orlando Shaw, 33, of Nashville is being sued for child support for his 22 children by 14 different women.
- US Economy Created 175,000 Jobs Last Month
June 07 2013 8:34 AM
U.S employers created more jobs than nearly all Wall Street analysts had expected, a key signal the economy is in recovery mode.
- The Sunnylands Summit: An Opportunity For Xi And Obama
June 07 2013 5:37 AM
A meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping could set the tone for a new economic dynamic.