- The president and major corporations are wooing congressional Democrats, hoping they'll help pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- The non-economic statement is a rare one for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation group.
- U.S. President Barack Obama is championing urgent measures on climate change, ahead of a global meet in Paris.
- Obama made the remarks after a meeting with Philippine President Benigno Aquino as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit got underway in Manila on Wednesday.
- The Philippines and some of its neighbors are fighting China's claims to most of the South China Sea.
- Terrorism and geopolitics will color discussions usually centered on economies and trade.
- The New York Stock Exchange said it would hold a minute of silence for the victims of last week's terrorist attacks in Paris.