- IMF Cuts Global Growth Forecast, Warns About US Default Danger
October 08 2013 10:08 AM
Assuming the U.S. avoids a default, the next big challenge will be for the Fed to start paring its monthly bond purchases.
- The Wacky World Of The Government Shutdown
October 07 2013 3:35 PM
The Canadian border is unguarded, cemeteries in Europe are shut and at least one bank is easing overdraft penalties.
- Data Drought: Govt. Shutdown Leaves Economists Flying Blind
October 04 2013 3:42 PM
The ongoing government shutdown has disrupted the normal data flow. Economists, along with the markets and the Fed, are flying blind when it comes to tracking the economy.
- Wiring Money Home A Lifeline For The Developing World
October 04 2013 11:52 AM
In the next three years, remittances to developing countries will rise by $140 billion as global migration soars.
- Where Do The Rich People Live In The US? [MAPS]
October 04 2013 10:39 AM
Check out these interactive visualizations of income disparity in major American cities.
- IMF Chief Raises US Debt Ceiling Alarm
October 04 2013 4:57 AM
The consequences of the U.S. government defaulting on payments could “very seriously damage” the world economy, Christine Lagarde warned.
- Pacific Free Trade Pact In Focus At Bali Meet Amid Deep Discord
October 04 2013 2:47 AM
A dozen nations, including the U.S., will try to iron out issues such as currency manipulation and protectionist measures at the APEC summit.
- US Treasury: Debt Default Potentially ‘Catastrophic’
October 03 2013 1:28 PM
A U.S. default caused by a failure to raise the debt limit could trigger a worse financial crisis than in 2008, the department said.
- US Government Default Could Trigger A Depression: Analyst
October 03 2013 11:30 AM
Further, Richard Bove's conclusion about the effect of a default may actually be rosy, as he himself admits.
- Sept. US Jobs Report Delayed: Labor Dept.
October 03 2013 11:03 AM
Even if the U.S. government shutdown ends Thursday, the jobs report will be delayed, the Labor Department said.
- How Would A US Shutdown Affect The Economy?
October 02 2013 1:05 PM
The government shutdown's impact on fourth-quarter growth depends on three undetermined factors.
- How Will Federal Employees Pay Their Bills?
October 02 2013 7:32 AM
It's only day two of the government shutdown, but already workers are wondering when their next checks will come.
- US Govt Shutdown Would Delay Sept. Jobs Report
September 30 2013 2:58 PM
A government shutdown would leave investors in the dark, at least temporarily, as the closely watched monthly U.S. jobs report would be delayed.
- Where Do Women Earn More In The US?
September 30 2013 12:16 PM
The gender wage gap is a lot wider in certain U.S. states, compared to others.
- Slavery And Economics - The 150-Year-Old Debate
September 30 2013 11:32 AM
For years, economists believed that slavery was incredibly profitable for planters, but now people are starting to think differently.
- September US Jobs Report: Is Slow Growth The New Normal?
September 30 2013 5:50 AM
With no clear guidance from the Fed on its stimulus reduction criteria, investor uncertainty about this decision is very high.
- Republicans Vs. Democrats: How Will The Budget Stalemate Affect You?
September 28 2013 9:58 AM
The government shutdowns in late 1995 and early 1996 inflicted considerable economic costs, as federal workers were hit with delays in pay.
- US Jobs Report, Japan Tax-Hike Decision Highlight Week Ahead
September 27 2013 11:56 PM
The focus next week will be on the U.S. nonfarm payrolls report, the ECB and BoJ interest-rate decisions, Japan’s Tankan survey and sales-tax hike, and China’s PMI data.
- If You’re A Woman, Stay Away From Louisiana
September 27 2013 8:27 AM
But you might want to move to Maryland. A new study ranks states by how women-friendly they are.
- You Are Invited To Join The Gold Rush In Myanmar
September 27 2013 5:49 AM
Myanmar leaders and experts speak to the type of "responsible investment" that is needed in the world's next frontier.