- December US Private-Sector Jobs Gain - 2013's Biggest
January 08 2014 8:31 AM
The above-consensus December total adds another data point that suggests the U.S. economic recovery is strengthening.
- Why Are US Consumers Feeling So Good Right Now?
January 07 2014 2:11 PM
U.S. consumers are feeling a little more peppy lately. Is it evidence-based or superficial?
- Will The US End 2013 With A Strong Jobs Report?
January 07 2014 6:55 AM
There are signs the U.S. economy is strengthening, which suggests a solid year for GDP and job growth in 2014.
- Marijuana Enthusiasts Bring in $1 Million for Colorado Pot Shops
January 03 2014 3:48 PM
Colorado shops estimate high revenues for their first day of sales. Many out-of-state visitors came to sample the state's recently legal green fare.
- American Agriculture 2014: Bearish Signals And Farmland Bubbles Abound
January 01 2014 10:34 AM
Analysts see a fall from recent peaks in industrial agricultural spending by farmers, which could hurt equipment dealers, farmers and farmland investors.
- How Quickly Is China's Economy Gaining On The US?
December 27 2013 10:39 AM
While the U.S. eventually will lose its position as the world’s largest economy, this day is now expected to come later than previously forecast.
- US New Home Prices: The Trend Remains The Seller's Friend
December 24 2013 10:45 AM
Also, in another solid year for the U.S. housing sector, new home prices advanced at a double-digit rate.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The 10 Most Ridiculous US Lawsuits Of 2013
December 23 2013 1:34 PM
True, the U.S. is a litigious society, but sometimes it borders on the theatre of the absurd.
- The Year In US Export-Import Bank Activities
December 20 2013 3:22 PM
One of the last taxpayer-guaranteed export-import incentives of the year benefits GE, Caterpillar.
- What Does November's US Existing Home Sales Slump Mean for 2014?
December 20 2013 6:26 AM
Next year, higher interest rates and tighter lending rules are set to take effect. Is the sales uptrend over?
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- Where Are The Highest-Income Counties In The US?
December 18 2013 8:43 AM
Do the New York and Los Angeles metro areas dominate this list? The answer may surprise you.
- Does China Need To Worry About Its Influence In Myanmar?
December 18 2013 7:17 AM
A Chinese newspaper says Western nations cannot afford to help out Myanmar. But the rival may be closer at hand.
- The States With The Most Underwater Mortgages
December 17 2013 2:56 PM
Despite improvements in the housing market, 6.4 million U.S. homeowners still owed more on their homes than what they're worth, CoreLogic said.
- Meet The Top 10 Creditors To The US
December 17 2013 10:15 AM
Foreign investors didn't shy away from U.S. Treasuries during the government shutdown and the threat to default in October.
- Fed December Meeting Preview: Why There May Not Be A Stimulus Reduction
December 17 2013 4:59 AM
Wednesday's post-FOMC press conference will also be Bernanke’s farewell appearance as Fed chairman.
- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Stanley Fischer To Be Nominated Fed Vice Chair
December 12 2013 8:32 AM
Fischer is well-known in international economic policy. At MIT, Fischer once taught current Fed Chairman Bernanke and ECB President Draghi.
- US Home Prices: Can Bullish Conditions Continue?
December 12 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. home prices have had an impressive run since the end of the housing crash. What's ahead in 2014?