- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- March US Jobs Preview: Another ‘Spring Swoon’ Ahead?
April 04 2013 5:14 AM
Many economists expect the $85 billion in U.S. government spending cuts due to sequester to lower GDP growth and job growth.
- US Private Sector Job Growth Slows In March
April 03 2013 8:41 AM
The private sector added only 158,000 jobs in March, ADP announced Wednesday – lower than the 205,000 consensus estimate.
- Americans Getting Up-To-Date With Their Mortgages
April 02 2013 10:37 AM
U.S. mortgage holders are lowering their debt levels, but the sequester impact looms, mortgage officials cautioned.
- Technology Rapidly Making Clerical Jobs Obsolete, Driving Inequality: US Study
April 02 2013 1:26 AM
The United States has gained 387,000 managers but lost almost 2 million clerical jobs since 2007, as technology squeezes out middle-class jobs.
- This Week’s Economic Events: It's All About Jobs
March 31 2013 8:42 AM
Friday's jobs report is expected to show that employers added 200,000 jobs in March, with an unchanged 7.7% jobless rate.
- Cyprus Bailout: Is Your Money Safe In US Banks?
March 31 2013 12:11 AM
Bank of Cyprus depositors learned they could lose as much as 60 percent of their accounts. U.S. depositors probably won’t suffer the same fate.
- Tracking America’s Energy Costs And Production
March 29 2013 8:49 AM
The U.S. will overtake Saudi Arabia as the world’s leading oil producer by about 2017 and will become a net oil exporter by 2030.
- US Economy Grew Slightly In 4Q
March 28 2013 8:52 AM
The revised 0.4 percent fourth-quarter growth stat suggests that the U.S. economy is less likely to tip into a recession.
- US Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Jump
March 28 2013 8:48 AM
A survey of economists had expected jobless claims to dip to 340,000.
- In Manhattan, Tourists Welcome But Euros Stay Home
March 27 2013 6:11 AM
The small business trend in Lower Manhattan of accepting the euro as payment seems to be dying as the currency loses its luster.
- US Home Prices Post Strong Yearly Gain
March 26 2013 10:15 AM
All 20 cities in the Case-Shiller index showed year-over-year gains, the highest of which was Phoenix with a 23.2% improvement.