- US Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Jump
March 28 2013 8:48 AM
A survey of economists had expected jobless claims to dip to 340,000.
- In Manhattan, Tourists Welcome But Euros Stay Home
March 27 2013 6:11 AM
The small business trend in Lower Manhattan of accepting the euro as payment seems to be dying as the currency loses its luster.
- US Home Prices Post Strong Yearly Gain
March 26 2013 10:15 AM
All 20 cities in the Case-Shiller index showed year-over-year gains, the highest of which was Phoenix with a 23.2% improvement.
- OECD Nations Hiked Taxes In 2012 For Second Year In Row
March 26 2013 7:26 AM
In case someone was visiting another planet the last two years, taxes on Earth are up, according to the OECD.
- US Job Market Getting Its Mojo Back?
March 25 2013 11:30 AM
U.S. job growth has accelerated to more than 200,000 per month. But why did it take so long?
- China's Economy To Overtake US By 2016: OECD
March 22 2013 3:09 PM
The OECD says China is capable of averaging 8 percent annual growth during the current decade, after accounting for price differences.
- US Jobless Claims Inch Higher, But Remain Near 5-Year Low
March 21 2013 8:43 AM
The downtrend in the key labor metric may bode well for U.S. job growth in March.
- Fed Stays The Course: Sees Moderate Growth
March 20 2013 1:05 PM
On Wed, the Fed kept its quantitative easing program intact, saying it expects moderate GDP growth in 2013. The vote was 11-1.
- Another Sign Of Recovery As Housing Starts Rebound
March 19 2013 8:59 AM
U.S. builders began work on slightly more homes than expected in February, and new building permits jumped.
- Investors Watching For Clues At Bernanke Presser
March 19 2013 6:11 AM
Recent U.S. data should convince the Fed that the economy has resumed growing after a temporary pause.
- Many US Workers Unable To Retire
March 19 2013 1:45 AM
American workers and employers are heading for a retirement crisis, a study being released Tuesday warns.
- Companies Prove It's Still A Good Bet To Hire A US Vet
March 15 2013 4:00 PM
The goal of recruiters is to reduce the challenges that U.S. veterans face when reentering the civilian workforce.