- 6 Most Important Takeaways From The February Jobs Report
March 07 2014 10:45 AM
The Feb. jobs report wasn't spectacular, but given current demographic trends, investors and job seekers will take it.
- This Is What's Happening To US Measles Care Costs
March 06 2014 11:52 AM
Controlling the spread of measles in the U.S. can cost millions every year.
- What The March 2014 Federal Reserve Beige Book Is About In One Chart
March 05 2014 2:58 PM
The weather. The severe winter played havoc on economic conditions, according to the Federal Reserve.
- Did Washington State’s Minimum Wage Bet Pay Off?
March 05 2014 1:59 PM
Since 1999, Washington has had the most generous U.S. state minimum wage. Here’s what happened to its jobless figures.
- And How Are US Small Businesses Doing?
March 05 2014 10:47 AM
The Senate will meet Wed. to discuss the nomination of California-based Maria Contreras-Sweet as head of the Small Business Association.
- US Private-Sector Job Gains Slowed In February
March 05 2014 8:27 AM
The increase for January was also revised lower, providing further confirmation of a dip in job growth in late 2013/early 2014.
- Australian Economy Grows 0.8% In Third Quarter
March 04 2014 10:39 PM
The new numbers comes after Australia's central bank announced it would keep interest rates set at 2.5 percent.
- Will Cuba's 100 Stolen Art Pieces Find Their Way Home?
March 04 2014 3:48 PM
Almost 100 works of art have been stolen from Havana's Art Museum. The FBI investigates, but mystery remains deep.
- February US Jobs Report - The Song Remains The Same Regarding The Weather
March 04 2014 5:35 AM
Economists are bracing for another weak employment report Friday, as the U.S. experienced the third most severe winter in 50 years.
- Who Are The Richest People On The Planet?
March 04 2014 3:27 AM
Rising stock markets in 2013 swelled the ranks of the world’s billionaires, which included a record number of women.
- US Q4 GDP Growth Revised Down
February 28 2014 8:38 AM
The U.S. economy is still growing, but the lower rate may cause some to ask "Should the stimulus taper occur as quickly?"
- Old Man Winter Took A Bite Out Of Boeing Sales, And More
February 27 2014 10:14 AM
In early 2014, U.S. durable goods orders have taken a slight hit - due to a dip in aircraft sales.
- Big Data On The Farm: FarmLogs CEO Q&A
February 26 2014 3:06 PM
FarmLogs helps farmers optimize harvests with modern mobile technology.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks In The Doldrums
February 26 2014 6:06 AM
Japan doesn’t want to lift trade barriers. U.S. liberals want Obama to stick to his past pledges on fast-track authority.
- US Home Prices: 2013 Was A Very Good Year
February 25 2014 12:01 PM
And here's how much they rose in 20 big cities. The top gainers may surprise you.
- Does Your Hometown Rank Among The Most Unequal In US?
February 21 2014 1:28 PM
U.S. Census data reveals where inequality is the most extreme. The data may surprise you.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Four Reasons US Economic Growth Will Be Lower
February 17 2014 2:53 PM
Robert Gordon published a paper explaining why the American economy is going to be slower, on average, in the next few decades than it has been in the last century.