- US Private Sector Adds More Jobs Than Expected
April 30 2014 8:35 AM
The 220,000 April total is another sign that the U.S. labor market continues to heal.
- Why China Will Become The Leader Of The Economic Pack: World Bank
April 30 2014 5:05 AM
The economies of China and India have grown twice as fast as the U.S. since 2005, the World Bank said.
- April US Consumer Confidence Dips
April 29 2014 11:12 AM
U.S. consumers assessed current business and labor market conditions less favorably than in March, the Conference Board said.
- US Home Prices Rise Less Than Expected
April 29 2014 9:19 AM
Economists surveyed by Bloomberg News had expected year-over-year prices to increase 13.0%.
- US Consumer Sentiment Rises To 9-Month High
April 25 2014 12:18 PM
U.S. consumer sentiment is trending higher, but survey professionals caution that backslides have occurred in the past few years.
- March US Durable Goods Rise, Boosting Growth Outlook
April 24 2014 9:00 AM
The report fit in with other industrial production, retail sales and job data that suggests the U.S. economy has gained steam.
- US Jobless Claims Rise More Than Expected
April 24 2014 8:42 AM
U.S. jobless claims rose by 24,000 - more than expected - but the long-term downtrend remains intact - suggesting continued labor market healing.
- This Portion Of US 'Asia Pivot' Has Several Economic Steps
April 23 2014 4:38 PM
President Obama's trip to Asia has a political tone, but several key economic issues will likely to be discussed.
- US, Europe Factory Sectors Expand In April
April 23 2014 10:56 AM
Ongoing manufacturing expansions in the U.S. and Europe will help allay concerns that the global economy is slowing.
- US New Home Sales Plunge In March
April 23 2014 10:34 AM
The U.S. housing market has been hurt by a cold winter, higher mortgage rates and a property shortage, which has limited buyers' options.
- Obama, Japan's Abe Under Pressure To Save Trade Pact
April 22 2014 3:45 PM
Part of the U.S.'s strategic shift towards Asia, the Trans-Pacific Partnership would connect a dozen economies by eliminating trade barriers.
- US Existing Homes Sales At Lowest Level Since Mid-2012
April 22 2014 11:11 AM
However, there were signs in March that a recent downward trend that has plagued the housing market may be drawing to an end.
- US-Japan Trade Deal Still Out Of Reach Before Obama-Abe Summit
April 18 2014 2:45 PM
A week before Obama's visit to Tokyo, differences remain on key issues.
- US Warns Fund Managers Of More Russia Sanctions
April 18 2014 9:07 AM
Funds reported to reduce exposure to risk in Russia.
- Sriracha Could Move If Irwindale, Calif., Doesn't Cool It With Chili Fumes Regulations
April 17 2014 8:13 PM
The Srirachi saga continues.
- These 50 US Cities Are Desperately Seeking Employees
April 16 2014 11:11 AM
One trend: via energy and spinoff jobs, the oil and gas boom is tightening local labor markets in Texas, Louisiana, Utah and North Dakota.
- US Factory Output Rebounds In March After Cold Winter
April 16 2014 9:31 AM
Overall industrial production was up 0.7 percent in March, beating analysts' expectations.
- March US Housing Starts Rise, But Miss Estimate
April 16 2014 9:19 AM
Permits, a more-reliable gauge of future building activity, fell in March to a 990,000-unit annual pace.
- US Treasury Criticizes Yuan's 'Unprecedented' Movement
April 16 2014 7:37 AM
China's GDP growth slowed to its slowest pace in 18 months; as a result, officials are looking for ways to maintain the 7.5% target growth rate.
- US Consumer Prices Rise 0.2% In March
April 15 2014 8:41 AM
In the 12 months through March, the core inflation rate, which excludes often-volatile food and energy prices, rose just 1.7%.