- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- Great Recession To Lurk In Shadows For Generation X
May 17 2013 11:31 AM
The Great Recession hurt a lot of people, and this loss of wealth will follow millions into retirement, according to a recently released report.
- China Inflating Export Numbers For Months
May 17 2013 11:13 AM
China has over-reported its exports for the last five months, and its economy is growing much less than widely believed.
- Fitch Ratings Upgrades Greece's Top Banks
May 16 2013 1:49 PM
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Greece's top banks' long-term issuer default ratings.
- Venezuela Is Running Out Of Toilet Paper
May 16 2013 10:02 AM
Venezuelan officials say they will address a toilet paper shortage by importing 50 million rolls to meet demand.
- First-Time Jobless Claims Surge Above Expectations
May 16 2013 8:44 AM
The number of initial jobless claims rose dramatically last week and the key four-week moving average also increased.
- US Housing Starts Drop Far More Than Expected In April
May 16 2013 8:35 AM
Could the U.S. housing recovery be starting to fade?
- Why The US Deficit Is Shrinking Fast
May 15 2013 8:26 AM
The federal budget deficit has begun what the CBO thinks will be three years of contraction. After that, deficits will resume growing.
- Housing Starts Among Key Economic Reports May 13-17
May 11 2013 10:36 AM
Economic reports this week may cast light on how long the current U.S. and Japanese stock-market rallies might last.
- 3 Reports Say Global Economy Isn't Going Gangbusters
May 10 2013 5:24 AM
Analyses indicate the recovery is actually faltering, based on multiple economic and market variables.
- Fannie Makes Another Payment To US Government
May 09 2013 3:53 PM
With its bottom line improving, housing-finance giant Fannie Mae said it is paying the government back a $59 billion chunk of what it owes the U.S. government for its 2008 bailout.
- Banks Extending More Credit To US Businesses
May 08 2013 9:17 AM
Overall lending more than doubled in 2012 and loans to commercial enterprises are up 11 percent this year.