- Australian Economy Grows 0.8% In Third Quarter
March 04 2014 10:39 PM
The new numbers comes after Australia's central bank announced it would keep interest rates set at 2.5 percent.
- Will Cuba's 100 Stolen Art Pieces Find Their Way Home?
March 04 2014 3:48 PM
Almost 100 works of art have been stolen from Havana's Art Museum. The FBI investigates, but mystery remains deep.
- February US Jobs Report - The Song Remains The Same Regarding The Weather
March 04 2014 5:35 AM
Economists are bracing for another weak employment report Friday, as the U.S. experienced the third most severe winter in 50 years.
- Who Are The Richest People On The Planet?
March 04 2014 3:27 AM
Rising stock markets in 2013 swelled the ranks of the world’s billionaires, which included a record number of women.
- US Q4 GDP Growth Revised Down
February 28 2014 8:38 AM
The U.S. economy is still growing, but the lower rate may cause some to ask "Should the stimulus taper occur as quickly?"
- Old Man Winter Took A Bite Out Of Boeing Sales, And More
February 27 2014 10:14 AM
In early 2014, U.S. durable goods orders have taken a slight hit - due to a dip in aircraft sales.
- Big Data On The Farm: FarmLogs CEO Q&A
February 26 2014 3:06 PM
FarmLogs helps farmers optimize harvests with modern mobile technology.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks In The Doldrums
February 26 2014 6:06 AM
Japan doesn’t want to lift trade barriers. U.S. liberals want Obama to stick to his past pledges on fast-track authority.
- US Home Prices: 2013 Was A Very Good Year
February 25 2014 12:01 PM
And here's how much they rose in 20 big cities. The top gainers may surprise you.
- Does Your Hometown Rank Among The Most Unequal In US?
February 21 2014 1:28 PM
U.S. Census data reveals where inequality is the most extreme. The data may surprise you.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Four Reasons US Economic Growth Will Be Lower
February 17 2014 2:53 PM
Robert Gordon published a paper explaining why the American economy is going to be slower, on average, in the next few decades than it has been in the last century.
- From KFC To The White House: Naquasia's Journey
February 14 2014 4:50 PM
This 22-year-old Brooklynite worked 16 months for $7.50 an hour before receiving her first raise. Now she has fewer hours.
- What Do Connecticut and Pakistan Have In Common?
February 13 2014 12:58 PM
An economics professor created a map that shows how U.S. states compare to countries around the world in terms of GDP.
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- What To Expect From Yellen's First Hill Testimony
February 10 2014 4:28 PM
Yellen, historically a monetary policy dove, may not be so dovish as Fed chair.
- Are Emerging Markets Looking At A Tough Year?
February 10 2014 10:27 AM
Data shows developed markets' conditions improving, while emerging markets are moving in the other direction.
- Camden, New Jersey: Can Casinos Help Save America's Poorest City?
February 10 2014 10:15 AM
Gambling is legal only in Atlantic City, but there has been talk of expanding the industry elsewhere in the Garden State.