- Meet The Top 10 Creditors To The US
December 17 2013 10:15 AM
Foreign investors didn't shy away from U.S. Treasuries during the government shutdown and the threat to default in October.
- Fed December Meeting Preview: Why There May Not Be A Stimulus Reduction
December 17 2013 4:59 AM
Wednesday's post-FOMC press conference will also be Bernanke’s farewell appearance as Fed chairman.
- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Stanley Fischer To Be Nominated Fed Vice Chair
December 12 2013 8:32 AM
Fischer is well-known in international economic policy. At MIT, Fischer once taught current Fed Chairman Bernanke and ECB President Draghi.
- US Home Prices: Can Bullish Conditions Continue?
December 12 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. home prices have had an impressive run since the end of the housing crash. What's ahead in 2014?
- Why US Income Gap Is Expanding Fastest Among Middle-Aged Adults
December 10 2013 11:46 AM
The U.S. has some of the highest income-inequality levels in the world, among advanced economies, generally faring worse relative to European countries.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Is The Fed Market Dependent Or Data Dependent? [VIDEO]
December 09 2013 1:55 PM
On the heels of Friday's stronger-than-expected November jobs report, is the Fed focusing on economic data or U.S. market data?
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- Leaked TPP Documents Reveal US Pressure On Negotiators
December 09 2013 4:26 AM
The TPP treaty is at risk of failing if member nations do not allow for concessions on key national interest issues.
- WTO Reaches Its First Ever Global Trade Deal
December 07 2013 12:05 PM
Bali summit would contribute nearly $1 trillion to the global economy and create more than 20 million jobs.
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.
- What One Millionaire Is Doing For Detroit
December 06 2013 11:04 AM
A judge mediating Detroit's bankruptcy is urging others to mirror the millionaire's action.
- What November's Solid US Job Growth Means For The Fed
December 06 2013 9:32 AM
The Fed is looking for momentum in the economy and a budget deal to start to reduce stimulus. Was November's job gain enough?
- Nov. US Jobs Report - An Upper
December 06 2013 8:40 AM
The U.S. economy added more jobs than expected in November - with strength in most sectors - a sign that the labor market continues to heal.
- In The US, What Kind Of An Inheritance Can You Expect?
December 06 2013 5:22 AM
Not only do more than half of U.S. retirees expect to leave an inheritance, they expect to leave a considerable one.
- A Chinese Disneyland In New York State?
December 06 2013 5:19 AM
Think of it as Chinatown on steroids. Plans for a sprawling China-themed facility in the Catskills are being reviewed.
- This Week In IBTimes Magazine
December 05 2013 4:18 PM
West Bank Housing, Mississippi's Political Transition and French Bullfights - IBTimes Mag: a deep dive into global business & geopolitics.
- US Q3 GDP Gets Huge Upward Revision
December 05 2013 8:42 AM
The U.S. economy grew at a much stronger rate in Q3. What does it mean for the Fed's stimulus reduction timetable?
- 7 Reasons To Be Concerned About The US Economy
December 05 2013 5:21 AM
The U.S. might not have an abject poverty problem, but it is facing some real poverty-causing issues in its labor market.