- Chinese Projects Find A Home In America's Small Towns
June 24 2014 8:44 PM
"Ni hao, y'all." Small towns in the U.S. are bidding for Chinese projects.
- Global Warming Could Wreak Havoc On Businesses: Report
June 24 2014 8:20 AM
New York ex-Mayor Michael Bloomberg, hedge-fund billionaire Tom Steyer and former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson funded the report.
- India To Expand Civilian Nuclear Agreement With IAEA
June 24 2014 5:57 AM
India is expanding a nuclear plant that could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to make five atom bombs a year, according to reports.
- California Drought, Heat Break Records
June 23 2014 11:27 AM
Nearly one-third of California is experiencing "exceptional" drought levels as the state withers under its highest temperatures on record.
- Lawmakers Step Up Pressure To Boot Brunei From Free Trade Talks
June 19 2014 4:50 PM
Rights activists says Brunei should be kicked out of free-trade talks after it legalized capital punishment for gays and adulterers.
- Long-Term Unemployed Americans More Likely To Be Obese
June 19 2014 1:50 PM
Though they’re still not sure why, researchers say the connection is clear.
- Argentina's Debt Tango Moving To NY Next Week
June 18 2014 4:40 PM
"Everyone stay calm. This has been studied extensively so that the reconstruction of Argentina isn't jeopardized.”
- Fed Bumps Up Rate-Hike Path, But Sees Lower Long-Term Rates
June 18 2014 4:05 PM
"Economic activity is rebounding in the current quarter and will continue to expand at a moderate pace."
- Obama’s Pittsburgh Pledge Won’t Get Him 866,000 Manufacturing Jobs
June 17 2014 3:54 PM
The president said he’ll give entrepreneurs access costly technology. That won’t create the 29,000 manufacturing jobs he needs every month.
- Executive Order On LGBT Rights Could Have Profound Effect
June 16 2014 7:45 PM
Obama's executive order will ban discrimination by companies that win federal contracts.
- No US Supreme Court Appeal For Argentina In Debt Case [UPDATE]
June 16 2014 12:47 PM
President Kirchner said Argentina wouldn't default on its restructured debt.
- Why It's So Hard To Get Hired
June 13 2014 4:40 PM
Companies that survived the Great Recession are a lot more cautious in their hiring decisions.
- Credit Rating Agencies Downgrade South African Economy
June 13 2014 4:31 PM
The five-month platinum miners strike may be coming to an end in South Africa, but credit ratings agencies say, "Enough is enough."
- Millennials Better Start Saving Money Now
June 11 2014 7:16 PM
Even as millennials look for a first job, a new report makes it clear that their financial struggles are likely to be lifelong.
- World Bank Cuts Global Growth Outlook
June 11 2014 12:19 AM
The forecasts assume tensions in Ukraine will persist this year but won't worsen.
- When Experience Works Against You
June 10 2014 5:26 PM
America’s older job-seekers combat persistent age discrimination and the stigma of long-term unemployment by pruning their work histories.
- How An Island Paradise Became A Haven For Dirty Money
June 09 2014 9:14 AM
Seychelles, an island nation with a population smaller than Davenport, Iowa, has become a haven for international corruption and money laundering.
- U.S. Standard Of Living Index At Post-Recession High
June 08 2014 9:23 PM
Fifty-nine percent of those polled by Gallup said the standard of living is improving.
- Ahead Of The World Cup, Has Brazil Dropped The Ball?
June 06 2014 9:38 PM
Political, logistical and contractual problems threaten to turn a potential PR bonanza into a nightmare.
- More Jobs, But Not Enough Quality Paychecks
June 06 2014 1:03 PM
Another solid jobs report can't disguise weak wage growth and persistent long-term unemployment.