- Investors' Eyes Turn To Friday's February US Jobs Report
March 06 2013 6:00 AM
Economists polled by Reuters expect the economy to have created 160,000 jobs in February -- basically at the same pace as 2012.
- Busier Streets Signal Good News for the Economy
March 05 2013 12:21 PM
INRIX Gridlock Index says traffic congestion increases as companies ship more, hire more and as consumers spend more.
- Non-Manufacturing Sector Grew in February to 56%
March 05 2013 10:32 AM
The March ISM reports shows that the services sector grew 0.8 percent in February to 56 percent.
- US Employment Reports Key Economic Events Next Week
March 02 2013 12:02 AM
The job market will dominate economic news in the U.S. next week, with the latest figures on nonfarm payrolls to be released Friday.
- Japan Declares Currency War On Global Economies
March 01 2013 9:05 PM
The yen's slide is an effort to jump-start Japan, but holders of the dollar, won, Euro, yuan and other currencies see it as an act of aggression.
- Why Is Personal Income At Its Lowest Point In 20 Years?
March 01 2013 9:27 AM
Households responded to this hit to income by spending more and reducing their savings. But what does it mean for the economy's health?
- IMF Warning: Sequester Will Cut US, Global Growth
February 28 2013 12:58 PM
The International Monetary Fund says the budget action would lead to an economic slowdown in the U.S., which would ripple across the globe.
- US 4Q GDP Improves But Still Weakest Since 2011
February 28 2013 8:58 AM
Although 4Q GDP was revised higher, the economy must grow at a much stronger rate to lower the U.S.' high unemployment rate.
- US Durables Orders Signal Rising Business Confidence
February 27 2013 9:56 AM
The underlying strength of the report suggests that business investment started the New Year on a particularly strong note.
- Senate Panel Votes Yay For Jack Lew As Treasury Secretary
February 26 2013 12:32 PM
A full Senate vote is expected to occur this week.
- US Consumer Confidence Rebounds In Feb.
February 26 2013 10:42 AM
However, the headline consumer confidence index is still well below the long-term average of 92.
- Year Of The Snake Strikes China Manufacturing
February 25 2013 12:27 PM
Fluctuating lunar calendar celebrations make gauging Chinese factory output in the first two months of 2013 a challenge.