- US Factory And Construction Activity Show Spring Revival
June 02 2014 8:40 PM
The economy seems to be warming up after the frigid winter suppressed activity.
- US Business Leaders Check Out Opportunities In Cuba
May 29 2014 8:50 PM
Raul Castro is trying to make investment in Cuba more attractive, and American business leaders may push to lessen trade restrictions.
- Severe Winter Stuns US Economy
May 29 2014 8:50 AM
But the contraction is "nothing to worry about," London-based Capital Economics said.
- Three People Missing In Massive Colorado Mudslide
May 27 2014 1:49 AM
Three men might be trapped in the vast swathe of mud and crushed pine trees, which is estimated to be two miles wide.
- Fed Weighing How It Will Raise Interest Rates (Eventually)
May 21 2014 3:49 PM
The Federal Reserve doesn’t believe that it faces a “trade-off between its employment and inflation objectives.”
- EU, US Resume Trade Talks
May 20 2014 6:08 AM
The TTIP wants to put businesses in the driving seat, allowing them to bypass the WTO and give transnational corporations a power boost.
- Activists Kidnap 2 Chinese Workers From Myanmar Mine
May 19 2014 9:14 AM
An activist group has claimed responsibility for kidnapping two Chinese workers at a copper mine in Myanmar.
- US Yet Again Urges China To Reduce Yuan Control, Trade Barriers
May 13 2014 7:16 AM
U.S. manufacturers have repeatedly complained that China holds down the yuan's value, giving an unfair advantage to Chinese exporters.
- Chinese Money Goes To Las Vegas (And Leaves Macau)
May 12 2014 4:55 PM
As Las Vegas thrives off Chinese money, Macau's casinos are suffering from a lack of the same thing.
- Job Worries For Boeing As Pentagon May Cut Jet Purchases
May 05 2014 5:32 PM
Boeing employees watched the 100th Growler aircraft roll off the production line knowing that budget cuts may cost them jobs in the near future.
- US Jobs Aren’t What They Used To Be
May 02 2014 3:31 PM
US businesses are hiring at levels unseen in years, but more low-paying jobs and an eroding middle class is the new reality.
- March's US Factory Orders Rise Bodes Well For Economy
May 02 2014 10:21 AM
The uptrend is a good sign for the U.S. economy because historically a sustained expansion requires a strong industrial sector.
- US Job Growth Surged In April, Unemployment Falls Substantially
May 02 2014 8:35 AM
It's not 'the end of the U.S.'s job drought,' but perhaps it is 'the end of the beginning,' to cite Winston Churchill.
- India Says No To US IP Probe
May 02 2014 7:12 AM
Rights holders lost nearly $11.9 billion in 2012 due to illicit activities in India, including sectors like packaged foods and personal goods.
- Showroom For Amazon? Not So Fast
May 01 2014 4:23 PM
Retailers feared that online shopping would shut down their physical locations, but new research shows the opposite may be true.
- US Consumer Spending Logs Biggest Increase In 4 Years
May 01 2014 10:35 AM
The bullish report added to data on employment and industrial production that suggests there's momentum in the U.S. economy.
- US Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Rise
May 01 2014 8:52 AM
Despite typical April volatility, the long-term downtrend in claims points to U.S. labor market improvement.
- As Cities Push To Raise Minimum Wages, Business Interests Push Back
April 30 2014 9:53 PM
NELP estimates that 120 cities have enacted rules requiring higher wages for businesses that receive public contracts.
- Fed Likely To Reduce Bond Buying Again
April 30 2014 10:42 AM
Economist expect the Fed will cut its bond-buying program by an additional $10 billion on Wednesday amid signs U.S. economy better.
- US GDP Barely Rises In Q1
April 30 2014 8:39 AM
U.S. exports tumbled and businesses accumulated inventory at the slowest pace in nearly a year, but activity already appears to be bouncing back.