- US Jobless Claims Rise More Than Expected
April 24 2014 8:42 AM
U.S. jobless claims rose by 24,000 - more than expected - but the long-term downtrend remains intact - suggesting continued labor market healing.
- This Portion Of US 'Asia Pivot' Has Several Economic Steps
April 23 2014 4:38 PM
President Obama's trip to Asia has a political tone, but several key economic issues will likely to be discussed.
- US, Europe Factory Sectors Expand In April
April 23 2014 10:56 AM
Ongoing manufacturing expansions in the U.S. and Europe will help allay concerns that the global economy is slowing.
- US New Home Sales Plunge In March
April 23 2014 10:34 AM
The U.S. housing market has been hurt by a cold winter, higher mortgage rates and a property shortage, which has limited buyers' options.
- Obama, Japan's Abe Under Pressure To Save Trade Pact
April 22 2014 3:45 PM
Part of the U.S.'s strategic shift towards Asia, the Trans-Pacific Partnership would connect a dozen economies by eliminating trade barriers.
- US Existing Homes Sales At Lowest Level Since Mid-2012
April 22 2014 11:11 AM
However, there were signs in March that a recent downward trend that has plagued the housing market may be drawing to an end.
- US-Japan Trade Deal Still Out Of Reach Before Obama-Abe Summit
April 18 2014 2:45 PM
A week before Obama's visit to Tokyo, differences remain on key issues.
- US Warns Fund Managers Of More Russia Sanctions
April 18 2014 9:07 AM
Funds reported to reduce exposure to risk in Russia.
- Sriracha Could Move If Irwindale, Calif., Doesn't Cool It With Chili Fumes Regulations
April 17 2014 8:13 PM
The Srirachi saga continues.
- These 50 US Cities Are Desperately Seeking Employees
April 16 2014 11:11 AM
One trend: via energy and spinoff jobs, the oil and gas boom is tightening local labor markets in Texas, Louisiana, Utah and North Dakota.
- US Factory Output Rebounds In March After Cold Winter
April 16 2014 9:31 AM
Overall industrial production was up 0.7 percent in March, beating analysts' expectations.
- March US Housing Starts Rise, But Miss Estimate
April 16 2014 9:19 AM
Permits, a more-reliable gauge of future building activity, fell in March to a 990,000-unit annual pace.
- US Treasury Criticizes Yuan's 'Unprecedented' Movement
April 16 2014 7:37 AM
China's GDP growth slowed to its slowest pace in 18 months; as a result, officials are looking for ways to maintain the 7.5% target growth rate.
- US Consumer Prices Rise 0.2% In March
April 15 2014 8:41 AM
In the 12 months through March, the core inflation rate, which excludes often-volatile food and energy prices, rose just 1.7%.
- Turkey Accuses Twitter Of 'Tax Evasion'
April 14 2014 9:38 AM
Turkey Mon. urged Twitter execs to open an office and start paying taxes in the first direct talks since a short-lived two-week ban.
- March US Retail Sales Jump, Beat Estimate
April 14 2014 8:47 AM
Retail sales account for a third of U.S. consumer spending, and a sustained increase bodes well for GDP, earnings and job growth.
- Murdered Labor Activists In Colombia Undermine Free Trade Promises
April 10 2014 12:36 PM
Colombia continues to be one of the most dangerous countries for union activism despite years of free trade.
- US Jobless Claims Plunge To Near 7-Year Low
April 10 2014 8:39 AM
The 32,000-claim drop is more evidence that the U.S. job market, while not robust, continues to heal.
- March US Jobs Report: Ho-Hum, With A Side Of Optimism
April 04 2014 11:17 AM
There are still 3.7 million long-term unemployed, and youth rates remain in double digits.
- Emerging Markets Still Growing Despite This Country's Slowdown
April 04 2014 7:12 AM
The IMF's World Economic Outlook for 2014 warns that emerging market growth will be slow in the future.