- New Faces For The FOMC
August 20 2013 7:50 AM
The comings and goings of the Federal Open Market Committee could confuse markets about the direction of Fed policy.
- Credit Card Debt In US: Falling, But Still Very High
August 19 2013 3:05 PM
Credit card balances are falling for both good and bad reasons.
- Mon. US Futures Mixed As Investors Await Fed Minutes
August 19 2013 5:39 AM
Investors have taken a cautious stance ahead of the release of the Fed minutes on Wednesday.
- Cargo Volume In July Falls A Little In Los Angeles, Rises A Lot In Long Beach
August 16 2013 11:57 PM
Containerized cargo volume at the two busiest ports in the U.S. headed in different directions last month.
- Economic Events For Aug.19-23: FOMC Minutes, China August Flash HSBC Manufacturing PMI
August 16 2013 3:59 PM
Next week's focus will be on the July FOMC minutes, Jackson Hole symposium and China's August HSBC flash manufacturing PMI.
- August US Consumer Sentiment: A Surprising Drop
August 16 2013 10:21 AM
However, August's decline comes on the heels of the highest reading for the closely watched index in about six years.
- Foreign Investors Are Pulling Out Of India As The Rupee Falls
August 16 2013 8:55 AM
India's economy is struggling as overseas investors withdraw billions from the country over fears about the rupee's strength.
- US Housing Starts - A Slowdown In Growth?
August 16 2013 8:46 AM
U.S. housing starts and building permits rose less than expected in July as rising mortgage rates hit the housing market.
- US Jobless Claims Downtrend Continues
August 15 2013 8:38 AM
The number of initial jobless claims fell last week, beating analysts' average estimate, which had forecast a rise in claims.
- US Producer Prices Unchanged In July
August 14 2013 9:00 AM
Meanwhile, the closely followed core rate rose just 0.1 percent in July -- aided by cheaper natural gas.
- Bumpy US Economy Keeping Stimulus Reduction Time Unclear: Atlanta Fed
August 13 2013 1:17 PM
Atlanta Fed President Lockhart said Tuesday even with a taper's start, interest rates will remain low for some time.
- US Home Price Growth Is Bound To Slow
August 13 2013 5:54 AM
Analysts expect home-price growth to slow further on rising interest rates and increasing supply.
- This Week’s Economic Events: Euro Zone GDP, US Retails Sales
August 12 2013 10:21 AM
Euro zone GDP probably stopped contracting in the second quarter after a record six quarters of decline.
- 4 ‘Highly Qualified’ Candidates In Contention As Fed Head: Obama
August 10 2013 11:43 PM
The choice of a new Federal Reserve chairman, or chairwoman, was discussed by the president at his press conference.
- Norway's Investment Fund Is Rethinking Its Strategy
August 09 2013 10:45 AM
Does Norway's sovereign wealth fund, which generates its money from oil and gas taxes, need to re-position its assets?
- Do Fast-Food Workers Need A Pay Raise? [Infographic]
August 08 2013 9:54 AM
U.S. fast-food industry employees, by the numbers.
- The Sequester Squeeze
August 07 2013 3:08 PM
The federal workforce has been contracting at a faster pace since the sequester kicked in.
- In The US, Who Makes Minimum Wage?
August 07 2013 6:07 AM
That would be mostly food prep and food-service workers.
- June US Trade Deficit Narrows - Lowest Since Oct. 2009
August 06 2013 9:13 AM
The unexpected narrowing suggests that second quarter gross domestic product growth was significantly stronger than 1.7%.
- This Week, Brace For China’s Data Deluge
August 06 2013 7:31 AM
Reading China's July economic tea leaves.