- The Yellen-Fischer Duo: A 'Dream Team' For The Fed
January 16 2014 5:27 AM
The Yellen-Fischer duo arrives at a crucial time. Their task now is to manage the QE exit while avoiding major hiccups.
- 7 Things Every Investor Should Know About The US Economy
January 15 2014 2:27 PM
Concerning the journey to U.S. economic healing, we're not half-way home; but the nation is progressing.
- Eliminating Gender Pay Gap: Progress Slows
January 15 2014 2:25 PM
Pew Research explains why the hourly pay gap between men and women has narrowed and yet persisted in the last 30 years.
- Minimum Wage Doesn't Reduce Poverty: Research
January 15 2014 12:09 PM
Economic scholars study who really benefits the most from minimum wage increases.
- No Matter How You Slice It, US Income Inequality Comes Up Ugly
January 15 2014 9:35 AM
There are many ways to chart income inequality and none of them make for a pretty picture.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- South Korea Prefers China Over The TPP
January 13 2014 10:45 AM
South Korea says it will push for a South Korea-China free trade agreement over joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) this year.
- 10 Things To Expect From China In 2014
January 13 2014 3:18 AM
An executive at consulting firm McKinsey & Company has drawn up a list of 10 things that could dominate the Year of the Wooden Horse.
- Will House Flipping Decelerate In 2014?
January 10 2014 11:36 AM
A companion question: Were U.S. home prices buoyed artificially by business investors in the market for quick profits?
- Just How Bad Was The December Jobs Report?
January 10 2014 9:35 AM
While the U.S. jobs report was a huge disappointment, economists say the picture will look very different when we get revisions next month.
- Fed's Stimulus Reduction Stance
January 08 2014 2:22 PM
The central bank's quantitative easing reduction philosophy in December can hardly be characterized as glide-path.
- Exactly How Does The US Census Bureau Estimate Poverty?
January 08 2014 11:52 AM
The U.S. Census Bureau uses one measure from the 1960s and one measure from this century to calculate poverty rates. Compare them here
- What The 2022 US Workforce Demos Mean For You
January 08 2014 10:37 AM
Demographic change will affect the workforce in several ways in the decade ahead.
- December US Private-Sector Jobs Gain - 2013's Biggest
January 08 2014 8:31 AM
The above-consensus December total adds another data point that suggests the U.S. economic recovery is strengthening.
- Why Are US Consumers Feeling So Good Right Now?
January 07 2014 2:11 PM
U.S. consumers are feeling a little more peppy lately. Is it evidence-based or superficial?
- Will The US End 2013 With A Strong Jobs Report?
January 07 2014 6:55 AM
There are signs the U.S. economy is strengthening, which suggests a solid year for GDP and job growth in 2014.
- Marijuana Enthusiasts Bring in $1 Million for Colorado Pot Shops
January 03 2014 3:48 PM
Colorado shops estimate high revenues for their first day of sales. Many out-of-state visitors came to sample the state's recently legal green fare.
- American Agriculture 2014: Bearish Signals And Farmland Bubbles Abound
January 01 2014 10:34 AM
Analysts see a fall from recent peaks in industrial agricultural spending by farmers, which could hurt equipment dealers, farmers and farmland investors.
- How Quickly Is China's Economy Gaining On The US?
December 27 2013 10:39 AM
While the U.S. eventually will lose its position as the world’s largest economy, this day is now expected to come later than previously forecast.
- US New Home Prices: The Trend Remains The Seller's Friend
December 24 2013 10:45 AM
Also, in another solid year for the U.S. housing sector, new home prices advanced at a double-digit rate.