Endeavour International Corp., www.endeavourcorp.com, is a developer of oil and gas reserves targeting the North Sea and US with a strategy of acquisition, exploration and, most importantly, production.
The Company disclosed operational expansion of its US management team recently in order to deal with its rapidly expanding asset base and the sheer volume of activity in shale resource plays.
From the new technical and commercial base of operations in Denver, the leadership group will master the complex and challenging tasks of current hydrocarbon exploration and development:
• Executive VP North America, James J. Emme (to whom the others will report)
• VP Geosciences, Chandler (Chip) A. Oakes
• VP Operations, Eric Kolstad
• VP Land, David K. Davenport
Chairman, President and CEO of END, William L. Transier, praised the “vast technical and leadership experience” of the assembled group, and revealed his plans to use their combined forces to profoundly accelerate strategic onshore US development.
Mr. Emme wished to embrace the Denver business community, with its reputation for facilitating development of shale plays, and the industry in general, pointing to the new offices in downtown Denver as a hub for operations.
• James J. Emme is a 23-year veteran; Worldwide VP exploration and business development at Anadarko Petroleum Corp., also heading up the Canadian segment; former Sr. VP exploration for Max Petroleum; President and CEO of Elk Resources
• Chandler (Chip) A. Oakes is a 28-year veteran with a BA in Geology from Middlebury College and an MA in Geology from the University of Texas; former Managing Director for New Ventures, Forest Oil where he led the operations group, pioneering unconventional plays; global exploration management director for Sun Exploration and Production as well as Oryx Energy Company
• Eric Kolstad is a proven drilling engineer, with a BSc from the Colorado School of Mines, and a registered petroleum engineer with vast experiential knowledge of operations in vertical and horizontal drilling, including unconventional hydraulic fracking; former VP Western Operations for New Tech Engineering LP (Rocky Mountains); got his start as a Field Production Engineer in the Green River Basin with Texaco Exploration and Production; has worked for Anadarko Petroleum, Union Pacific Resources, Newfield Exploration Company and Williams Production RMT Company
• David K. Davenport is a master of negotiating joint ventures and large leasehold acquisitions with a BSc in Business from the University of Colorado; former VP Land and Business Development for Exco Resources (PA), Inc. (Appalachian Marcellus); similar duties at Orion Energy Partners, Elk Resources, Inc., Encana Oil & Gas Inc. and Tom Brown, Inc. (Rocky Mountains); began his career in land management with Marathon Oil.