Europe’s security agencies are hunting for at least eight suspects believed to have assisted with the Islamist attacks in Paris and Brussels, Die Welt am Sonntag newspaper reported.

Citing security sources, the paper said the suspects, most of whom are French and Belgium citizens, are believed to be either in Syria or on the run in Europe.

Die Welt said the suspects had been in contact with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the presumed ringleader of the Paris attacks who was killed by French police in a shootout Nov. 18, and Salah Abdeslam, the prime surviving suspect of the Paris attacks who was captured in Brussels earlier this month.

Germany’s Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) is involved in the manhunt, Die Welt said. The BKA declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Brussels prosecutors have charged another man with participation in a terrorist group, the Belgian press agency Belga said on Sunday.

Belga named the man arrested as A. Abderrahmane who prosecutors had said Saturday was being detained for a further 24 hours after being shot during a raid in the Brussels district of Schaerbeek.

It said he was charged in a related raid in France this week that authorities say foiled an apparent attack plot.

The prosecutor’s office could not immediately be reached for comment.