Forex Technical Update
- The market is near 1.45 at the beginning of today's US session.
- Strength continues after a throwback was supported near 1.4350.
- It is breaking above yesterday's high, and reaching to 1.45.
- The RSI remained above 40, and shows maintenance of the bullish momentum. With a push back above 70, it is confirming the bullish continuation in the short-term.
- PPI data is the only US-related event risk. After a -0.4% reading in June, a 0.0% flat reading to 0.2% is the forecast for July. The headline reading came out 0.2%. The core PPI number was 0.4%in July, after a 0.3% reading in June, and a 0.2% forecast.
- The 1.45 level is acting as resistance. A break above this level opens up the bullish pivots at 1.4555, 1.4695, 14940.
- The current correction decline should find support above 1.44-1.4420.
Subscribe and become a member to share your views and join live discussions as well as webinars about the markets.
Fan Yang CMT
Chief Technical Strategist