Eva Longoria, Rahm Emanuel and Kal Penn are among 35 national co-chairs that have been selected for Obama's 2012 re-election campaign.
Desperate Housewives star, Longoria, has already raised hundreds of thousands of dollars by organizing fundraisers in Hollywood and around the nation, the Washington Post Reported.
I'm thrilled to be a National Co-Chair for @BarackObama's re-election campaign, Longoria tweeted on Wednesday.
Harold and Kumar star, Kal Penn was also announced a co-chair. Other celebrities and high profile names that made the list include, Caroline Kennedy, Los Angeles Mayor Antonia Villaraigosa and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Meanwhile, Obama made headlines on Wednesday by hosting a blues party to celebrate Black History Month. The concert hosted by actress Taraji P Henson, featured performances by Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Troy Trombone Shorty Andrews, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Shemekia Copeland, Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks.
Continue Reading Below
Obama also gave a performance of his own, singing a part of Sweet Home Chicago, in tribute to his hometown. No one goes through life without knowing joy and pain, triumph and sorrow, Obama told the crowd, according to USA Today. (The blues) teaches us that when we find ourselves at a crossroads, we don't shy away from our problems. We own them, we deal with them, we sing about them.
Here's a full list of Obama's Re-Election Campaign Co-Chairs via the Washington Post:
- Lynnette Acosta - OFA volunteer leader from Florida
- Marc Benioff - CEO of Salesforce.com
- Senator Michael Bennet - U.S. Senator from Colorado
- Mayor Julian Castro - Mayor of San Antonio
- Governor Lincoln Chafee - Governor of Rhode Island
- Ann Cherry - Retired teacher and OFA volunteer leader from North Carolina
- Representative Judy Chu - Representing the 32nd District of California
- Representative Emanuel Cleaver - Representing the 5th District of Missouri
- Bill Daley - Former White House Chief of Staff to President Obama, former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Maria Elena Durazo - Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Senator Dick Durbin - U.S. Senator from Illinois
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Mayor of Chicago
- Senator Russ Feingold - Former U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
- Representative Charles A. Gonzalez - Representing the 20th District of Texas
- Loretta Harper - High School Counselor and OFA volunteer leader from Nevada
- Attorney General Kamala Harris - Attorney General of California
- Sai Iyer - Student at Virginia Commonwealth University and OFA volunteer leader from Virginia
- Caroline Kennedy - Author/President of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
- Eva Longoria - Actress and Philanthropist
- Felesia Martin - OFA volunteer leader from Wisconsin
- Bishop Vashti McKenzie - African Methodist Episcopal Bishop
- Attorney General Tom Miller - Attorney General of Iowa
- Kalpen Modi - Actor/Former White House Associate Director for the Office of Public Engagement
- Admiral John Nathman - Retired U.S. Navy Admiral
- Governor Deval Patrick - Governor of Massachusetts
- Secretary Federico Pena - Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation and U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Elaine Price - Retired Ohio resident and OFA volunteer leader from Ohio
- Penny Pritzker - Founder and CEO of PSP Capital Partners
- John Register - U.S. Army Veteran and Paralympian
- Representative Jan Schakowsky - Representing the 9th District of Illinois
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen - U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
- Joe Solmonese - President of the Human Rights Campaign
- Alan Solow - Partner at DLA Piper LLP and past Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Governor Ted Strickland - Former Governor of Ohio
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa - Mayor of Los Angeles