Robert Downey Jr. and his wife Susan welcomed their son Exton Elias into the world at 7:24 a.m. on Tuesday, reps have told Us Weekly.
Exton Elias is the first child for the 46-year-old The Avengers actor and his producer wife Susan, 38. They got married in 2005. The baby is a healthy 7 pounds 5 ounce bundle of joy who is said to measure 20 inches long. Downey already has an 18-year-old son named Indio, with his ex-wife Deborah Falconer.
Downey previously revealed that he was expecting a son. However, he was rather tight-lipped on the name he and his wife chose for their first child together.
If I told you the name, then [my wife] would lop off my head with a machete, the actor joked.
Neither Downey nor his wife Susan has explained why they have decided to name their child Exton Elias. But a quick Google search shows that Exton is a place in West Whiteland Township in Chester County, Pa.
Indio's name is a location. It is a city in Riverside County, Calif.
Here are 14 other funny celebrity baby names (in no particular order):
1. Blue Ivy: The name hip hop's hottest couple Beyonce and Jay-Z gave to their daughter who was born last month.
2. Kal-El: The name of actor Nicolas cage's son. Cage's son is named after Superman.
3. Jermasjesty: This is name of Jermaine Jackson gave to his fourth child.
4. Pilot Inspektor: My Name is Earl actor Jason lee told Entertainment Weekly that he name his son after a song on the Grandaddy's 2000 album titled the Sophtware Slump.
5. Apple: The name Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin from Coldplay gave to their daughter.
6. Moxie Crimefighter: Magician Penn Jillette said his daughter's name Moxie was created by an American for the first national soft drink and then went on to mean chutzpah, and that's nice, Time.com quoted a report in The New York Times.
7. Kyd: The name of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni's child.
8. Nakoa-Wolf: If it wasn't weird enough that Lisa Bonet, a former Cosby Show star changed her name to Lilakoi Moon, she and her actor husband Jason Momoa named their son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa .
9. Memphis Eve: U2's Bono named his daughter Memphis Eve when she was born in 1991.
10. Prince Blanket Michael Jackson II: He is the third child for the king of pop and was born in 2002. Commonly called Blanket, Prince Michael was carried by a surrogate mother.
11. Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen: She is the youngest daughter of musician Frank Zappa. He also name another of his child Moon Unit.
12. Blue Angel: Is the name U2's guitarist gave to one of his three children with wife Aislinn O'Sulliavn.
13. Audio Science: This is the name of actress Shannyn Sossamon's son with children book's author Dallas Clayton.
14. Tu Morrow: Actor Rob Morrow, known for playing the character Don Eppes on Numb3rs, married actress Debbon Ayer in 1998 and have a daughter they named Tu Morrow. The girl's full name is Tu Simone Ayer Morrow.