Forex Technical Update July 13, 2010 EUR/JPY: Anticipating Counter Trend Breakout
- Daily: The daily chart shows the EUR/JPY respecting a declining channel resistance. As mentioned in previous updates. Also, there is a bullish divergence followed by a negative reversal, so another downswing can be expected.
- The decline has so far been weak. We can see that combination of candles is a strong bullish candle followed by a doji and then almost 2 subsequent bearish candles. I say almost, because today candle has not closed, but even if it did, you can see that it would close within the strong bullish candle last week.
- More confirmation is needed for a reversal back into a declining channel.
- 4H: The 4H chart shows the rally that has brought the pair from support to resistance of the channel.
- The bearish outlook is premature because the market may be setting up for another rally. This week started with topping action, and a decline has followed.
- However, for the bearish outlook, the decline has to break below the rising support. So far the market is respecting the trendline.
- If the market closes below 110.50, it should signal a bearish attempt. The RSI should also break below 40.
- The 109.25 area is an important support, seen in the daily as well. This should be the immediate target. If broken, the pair is looking at 107, and then 101.50.
- One reason to believe the downswing to 101.50 may start now because the market completed abcde waves within the channel, and therefore may have completed the consolidation/correction pattern.
Fan Yang Currency Analyst Commodity Trading Advisor
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analyses.
All screenshots are made from VT Trader 2.0 and are of actual market data at the time of the screenshot.