Forex Technical Update August 16, 2010
EUR/USD - 1.2750 Providing Support
- 4H: In last Friday's weekly update, the EUR/USD was projected to find some support at the 1.2750 area. A break below that suggests further decline towards 1.2450.
- There has not been a reversal from this level, but the EUR/USD is stalling its rapid decline of last week just above the 1.2750 area.
- In the 4H chart, you can a bullish divergence. However, there could also be a negative reversal forming. This suggests that although the bearish momentum is slowing, there is no confirmed bullish momentum, so further exhaustion can follow.
- In any case, the above chart shows a bullish scenario if the market were to rally. It appears to have developed 3 downswings, so that means an impulse wave down to be followed by corrective waves up.
- Corrective waves can be projected to the 50% retracement or 1.3020 area. A break above 1.31 should bring back the bullish outlook, or at least, ranging outlook for the intermediate term.
- The 1H chart, not shown here is about to give a bullish signal, if the RSI reading can rise above 70.
- Daily: The 1.2750 area is providing support, and today's price action may be strong enough to signal a short-term rally. If this short-term rally breaks above 1.31, it may signal further short-term rally.
- At the moment, there may be a positive reversal developing. If so, the suggested projection is the previous high at the 1.3345 area. This would satisfy a truncated fifth wave, although the terminal wave can extend further towards 1.35.
- If these bullish scenarios become unlikely as the week progresses, the market must be sustaining the USD recovery, and further decline in the EUR/USD can lead the pair to seeing the 1.25 area.
- If the 1.2450 breaks, the bottom is open for further decline.
Commodity Trading Advisor
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analyses.
All screenshots are made from VT Trader 2.0 and are of actual market data at the time of the screenshot.