Forexpros Daily Analysis Nov. 16, 2009
Fundamental Analysis, Canada
• Monday: Manufacturing Sales MoM (Previous -2.1%, Expected 1.6%)
• Wednesday: CPI MoM (Previous 0.0%, Expected 0.1%) & YoY (Previous -0.9%, Expected 0.3%). Core CPI MoM (Previous 0.3%, Expected 0.0%) & YoY (Previous 1.5%, Expected 1.7%).
• Thursday: Leading Indicators MoM (Previous 1.1%, Expected 1.7%).
Get further analysis on CAD/USD and other currency pairs at Forexpros.
The Euro moved in both directions, before choosing the upside, creating a rising move that continued from Friday until after the open last night, that elevated the EURUSD to 1.4971 until now. The most important support for medium-term is 1.4786, which is a crucial support, for setting the direction for the next few days, because breaking it would indicate that the drop from 1.5047 is not just a correction. Such a break would harm the technical outlook not just for the short-term but for the medium-term as well. However, for the short-term, the most important support is 1.4934, and breaking it would indicate that the fall will carry on and target the important 1.4786, and if broken we will see a test of the bottom that we saw twice 1.4682. The resistance is at 1.4972, and breaking it would send the price to test the top that we saw twice last week 1.5018, which is the key to 1.5082 that could be seen for the first time this year.
• 1.4934: short-term support.
• 1.4856: Oct 28th & 29th high.
• 1.4782: Fibonacci 61.8% for the rising move from 1.4625.
• 1.4972: short-term resistance.
• 1.5018: Nov 9th & 10th high.
• 1.5082: previous resistance from 2008.
After halting with a reasonable accuracy near the resistance of Friday's report 90.52, Dollar-Yen broke the support 90.02 and reached the first suggested target 89.60. Friday's price behavior introduced the support 89.46, that we will adopt as support of the day. IF this support is taken, we will finally see the long awaited visit of 88.82, the important support for the medium-term. And if broken the next target will be October 13th low 88.13. As for the resistance, it comes from short-term Fibonacci 61.8% at 90.12. A break here would indicate that the odds of surpassing Friday's high are very good, and that will target 90.90 first, and may be 91.31. Even though the falling trendline from 92.31 was broken on Thursday, still the technical picture of the medium-term is hazy, and we await more signals to help us determine the direction of the medium-term.
• 89.46: obvious support on the hourly chart.
• 88.82: Oct 14th low, and an important low for determining the medium-term trend.
• 88.13: Oct 13th low.
• 90.12: Fibonacci 61.8% for short-term.
• 90.90: a well known previous support/resistance.
• 91.31: Nov 4th high.
Analysis by Forexpros - Written by Munther Marji
Get more Forex education at Forexpros.
Trading Futures and Options on Futures and Cash Forex transactions involves substantial risk of loss and may not be suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. You may lose all or more of your initial investment. Opinions, market data, and recommendations are subject to change at any time.