All hail the Queen Mother! There are many “Game of Thrones” characters you don’t want to cross, and Cersei Lannister may be at the top of that list — especially after the High Sparrow forced her to walk the streets of King’s Landing naked in Season 5.
Fans of the HBO series will remember that Cersei (Lena Headey) was imprisoned by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) after she appointed him the High Septon. She was accused of having a sexual relationship with her cousin Lancel (Eugene Simon), who had recently joined the Faith of the Seven to absolve his sins. Although Cersei initially refused to confess her sins, she ultimately made the decision to accept the “walk of shame” in order to be freed from imprisonment. Her beloved long hair was cut short, and the people of King’s Landing threw rotten food and other things at her as she fought back tears while walking to the castle.
When she finally arrived home she was greeted by Qyburn (Anton Lesser), who revealed a transformed Gregor Clegane (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson) as the newest member of the Kingsguard. Previously known as The Mountain, he’s now a Frankenstein-like monster who is bent on destroying anyone who comes after the Lannister family.
So, what’s Cersei Lannister going to be up to in Season 6 of “Game of Thrones”? She’ll certainly be seeking revenge … especially after she finds out that her daughter Myrcella (Nell Tiger Free) is dead.
“She’s a little broken and a little unsure of where her position is,” Headey told E! Online.
The actress also teased that things are going to get “weirder” between her and her brother Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau).
- “When you play the game of thrones, you win or die. There is no middle ground.”
- “If you ever call my sister again, I’ll have you strangled in your sleep.”
- “The gods have no mercy, that’s why they’re gods.”
- “If I wanted to kill you, do you think I’d let a wooden door stop me?
- “You’re a clever man. But you’re not half as clever as you think you are.”
- “The more people you love, the weaker you are.”
- “Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one is between your legs.”