Gary Scott Holland, a 44-year-old alleged Satanist, on Tuesday pleaded guilty to murdering a 46-year-old socialite Kathleen Kate Horan.

Holland entered a guilty plea to guilty to first-degree murder in exchange for prosecutors to drop the attempted rape, residential burglary and robbery charges. He is facing 50 years in state prison.

A judge is expected to sentence Holland on Dec. 12 in Superior Court.

SF Gate reported that Holland told police he was upset when he learned that his wage was garnished in a previous child-support case. Holland then got high on methamphetamine and took out his frustration on Horan who was a complete stranger to him - beating her to death in his drug-induced rage.

District Attorney George Gascon has said Horan's death was senseless, brutal and that it should have never happened,

A woman full of life, who was admired by many and respected, lost her life as a result of what I will call an incredibly brutal attack by an animal that should never have been on our streets, Gascon said, as reported by SF Gate.

Holland was paroled last April after he served a 11 years of a 13-year sentence for attempted murder.

Reports are that he posed as a utility worker to Horan. He told her he was looking for a gas leak. After Horan let Holland into her home, he beat her to death with a pry bar before making off with her jewelery and cellphone, the DA's office has said.

When District Attorney Kamala Harris announced the charges last year, she said at the time that Holland took advantage of the increase fear people had of a natural-gas blast. This was because of the aftermath of the San Bruno explosion of a Pacific Gas and Electric Co. pipeline, according to SF Gate.

DNA evidence reportedly linked Holland to the crime scene and he was arrested on Nov. 5, 2010. He was found lying on a sidewalk at Sutro Heights Park in the outer Richmond District.

Deputy Public Defender Rebecca Young, who represented Holland, told the media outside of court on Wednesday that the evidence against her client was overwhelming.

Watch an ABC interview with Horan's family after the murder below: