Ricky Gervais is back, hosting the 2012 Golden Globe awards presentation Sunday night on NBC. The 69th annual Golden Globe event will be broadcast live from the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., beginning at 8 p.m. EST. It lasts for three hours.
This will be the comedian's third year as host of the Golden Globe show, and he said in a preshow interview viewers should be prepared for a controversial night (see video below).
Gervais, who has won a Golden Globe award (The Office in 2004) and two Emmy awards (The Office in 2006 and Extras in 2007)), is perhaps best known for his role as David Brent in the BBC version of The Office. Gervais also wrote, produced, and directed for the BBC version of The Office for three years.
Among the most anticipated categories at the Golden Globe awards Sunday night will be in film, for the Best Motion Picture-Drama. And the nominees are:
- THE DESCENDANTS (Ad Hominem Enterprises; Fox Searchlight Pictures)
- THE HELP (DreamWorks Pictures, Participant Media; Touchstone Pictures)
- HUGO (Paramount Pictures presents a GK Films Production; Paramount Pictures)
- THE IDES OF MARCH (Columbia Pictures; Cross Creek Pictures; Exclusive Media Group; Crystal City Entertainment; Sony Pictures Releasing)
- MONEYBALL (Columbia Pictures; Sony Pictures Releasing International)
- WAR HORSE (DreamWorks Pictures; Touchstone Pictures)
NBC has created a ballot so that viewers can Play along at home in these top categories. See the ballot with nominees here, and check off the winners as they are announced.