Upgrading lights is one of the best things you can do for your home and for yourself. Not only will these improve your quality of living but it can also change your homes aesthetically. Hence, you are not only upgrading the lighting alone but you are also giving an upgrade to the looks of your home. It can take away its dullness and give it more character brought by mixing and matching the light tones.
Traditional lighting system (using the incandescent bulbs and fixtures) can give you these features. This type of device can easily breakdown when used too much. And when used without rest, it heats up easily causing to increase your temperature inside. If you use them all at ones, your home could become the perfect place for incubation.
Hence, you should think about upgrading your lighting system now. If you are greatly inconvenienced and unsatisfied on how your old system works, replace them now.
Here are some great tips to have an upgrade:
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs and fixtures. According to Energy Star, it is capable of reducing energy consumption by 75%. Its expected lifespan is for 9 years. Moreover, it takes 3 minutes before it reaches its peak brightness.
- If not CFLs use LED lighting. This is also one of the most recommended lighting technologies suggested by the US EPA and Department of Energy. According to Energy Star, LED becomes more efficient as you use it. 75% is just the minimum savings you get from using energy. It has a longer lifespan for about 22 years and it has no waiting time before it could reach its maximum brightness.
Of course, all of these can be achieved if the device you purchased has energy star ratings. So you really have to check if it has the logo to make sure the government certifies the manufacturer's claim.
- You can also make structural changes to your homes so as to eliminate electricity use just for lighting but only in the morning. You can build skylights if you want to. If skylights are just too much of a work, you can install tubular day lighting devices. They are like skylights. The only difference is that this does not require much carpentry when installed. Others opt for solar lights. This totally eliminates the use of electricity whether night or day.
- Buy equipment that allows you to control the quality of light in the room. The brighter the light, the more energy it uses. Hence, if you aren't doing much important, you can dim the lights to lessen the use of electricity. Also controlling light quality has also an impact to the aesthetics of the home. It can either complement or give focus to areas of your homes that you want to be noticed. Aside from that, having control gives you the power to set the mood and the ambiance in your home.
- Use low-voltage lighting for your outdoors. This is the perfect technology to use to like your pathways, highlighting your landscaping and some of its architectural structures and many more.
Author Resource:-> Find more real estate tips in San Tan Ranch Green Properties Gilbert AZ, Gilbert, AZ Inexpensive Real Estate and Power Ranch Inexpensive Homes for Sale Gilbert, AZ
Article From Real Estate Pro Articles