Rockstar Games, developer of the upcoming "Grand Theft Auto 5" open-world sandbox game, answered some questions about "GTA 5" today. Here's what we learned.
1. Weapons and vehicles will be customizable.
Rockstar revealed that weapons and vehicles in "Grand Theft Auto 5" will be "very" customizable. They also mentioned that there will be "a range of weapon upgrades" along with "some very deep car customizable" options.
2. When playing as one character, you can find the others within "Grand Theft Auto 5."
"Grand Theft Auto 5" features three main characters: Trevor, Michael and Franklin. Rockstar revealed that when you play as any one of these characters, you will be able to come across any of the other two within the game. However, you won't be able to kill them. Considering all three characters are interconnected and required to advance the story of "Grand Theft Auto 5," this makes sense.
3. You can freely switch between Trevor, Michael and Franklin.
The only exception is when you're in a mission.
4. Each "Grand Theft Auto 5" character has his own missions and side jobs.
Rockstar announced that Trevor, Michael and Franklin will each have their own missions and side jobs. There will be times where you'll be playing as a combination of two of these characters, as well as all three simultaneously.
5."Grand Theft Auto 5" will come with two discs for Xbox 360, one for PS3.
If you plan to buy "Grand Theft Auto 5" for Xbox 360, it will ship with two discs. One disc will be an installation disc, while the other will be the disc you'll need to play "Grand Theft Auto 5." PS3 players will only have to use one disc.
6. Xbox 360 "Grand Theft Auto 5" players won't need to switch discs.
Disc switching will not be required under any circumstances to play "Grand Theft Auto 5," whether you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer in the Xbox 360 version.
7. "Grand Theft Auto 5" requires 8GB of hard drive space.
You'll need at least 8GB of free space on your Xbox 360 or PS3 to play "Grand Theft Auto 5." If you plan to install "Grand Theft Auto 5" on a flash drive, its minimum read speed must be 15MB/s.
8. Rockstar is only focusing on Xbox 360 and PS3 right now.
Rockstar said there are no immediate plans to bring "Grand Theft Auto 5" to the PC, PS4 or Xbox One. Whether this will change or not in the future remains to be seen.
9. "Grand Theft Auto 5" will have new anti-cheat measures for multiplayers.
Rockstar said it will create a level playing field and will do all it can to keep players from cheating in "Grand Theft Auto 5"'s multiplayer mode.
10. Rockstar is making "Grand Theft Auto Online."
Rockstar didn't offer any details about "Grand Theft Auto Online," which is its name for the multiplayer mode in "Grand Theft Auto 5." However, the company did say it will be unveiled sometime this summer.
11. Gameplay video is coming.
Rockstar announced that gameplay video of "Grand Theft Auto 5" is "on its way."
12. "Grand Theft Auto 5" is still on schedule for its Sept. 17, 2013 release date.
Rockstar confirmed there are currently no delays for the Sept. 17 "Grand Theft Auto 5" product release.
13. "Grand Theft Auto 5" pre-orders will come to Brazil soon.
Rockstar said customs issues have to be worked out before stores in Brazil can accept "Grand Theft Auto 5" pre-orders, but pre-orders are coming to Brazil fairly soon.
14. There are barely any visual differences between the two versions
Rockstar confirmed that the difference in the visual appearances of "Grand Theft Auto 5" on the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be "completely negligible."
15. Each version of "Grand Theft Auto 5" will include a map. Rockstar confirmed that all versions of "Grand Theft Auto 5" will include a double-sided map of the game world, but the blueprint map included only in the Special and Collector's Editions of "Grand Theft Auto 5" will include information not found in the standard map that will come in the other versions of the game.
What do you think about the above "Grand Theft Auto 5" details? Does any of this new information please you? Why or why not? Will you be getting "Grand Theft Auto 5?" Why or why not? Will you pre-order "Grand Theft Auto 5?" Why or why not? What features do you think "Grand Theft Auto 5" should have and why? Sound off in the comments below.
I cover video games, tech, privacy issues and more for IBT. Prior to joining the staff, I wrote for Major League Baseball, Computer Shopper and other publications. I earned...
- PlayStation 4 Pre-Orders Sold Out At Walmart Again After Alleged Availability
- Error 73, Error 113 Battle.Net Issues Render 'Diablo 3' and 'WoW' Unplayable For Many, Blizzard Developing Fix
- See What The Xbox One Would Look Like In Other Colors
- Rip-Offs And Deals On Photo Ops And Autographs Abound At New York Comic Con 2013