“Grand Theft Auto 5” players are encountering a new glitch that allows them to earn cash, despite Rockstar Games’ efforts to repair a different money bug last week.
“GTA 5” players are always looking for new ways to exploit the game, and fans have responded to the NYC-based game developer’s 1.09 patch by finding more creative ways to earn in-game cash.
Users have been complaining about the original money hack since December of last year. Essentially, hackers were giving players large amounts of unwanted in-game cash, making recipients vulnerable to game bans. “To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions,” the game developer said on its support page on Dec. 24, 2013. “These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.”
The hack was allegedly performed using consoles that have been modded to access homebrew software. As a result, hackers could simply edit the amount of in-game money accumulated through performing tasks like robberies in the multiplayer mode of “GTA 5.” The same perpetrators spread the wealth to the rest of the online community.
The most recent “GTA 5” bug allows players to duplicate vehicles, which they can sell to illegally earn more money. Some users haven’t had any luck with this glitch, while others have found success. However, gamers should be aware that Rockstar has threatened to ban cheaters from “GTA 5 Online” permanently if they continue to exploit the online action-adventure game. "Should you ever encounter someone in GTA Online that appears to be taking advantage of exploits in your session, we ask that you alert us directly via the in-game reporting functionality," the developer said on its web site.
Duplicating your vehicle in “GTA 5 Online” can be done by following these steps.
1. Find a vehicle, preferably one that has a higher value. Drive to the Los Santos Customs car corporation near the center of the map.
2. Park close to the car shop and exit the vehicle. Start shooting. The police will arrive. Allow yourself to be killed. Your vehicle will then be impounded.
3. When you respawn, call your mechanic and request for another car to be delivered. After you make the request, press “select” on your PS3 controller or “back” on your Xbox 360 controller and press up five times. This will allow you to select “request personal vehicle” again immediately.
4. If done correctly, your last vehicle will be delivered to you and the one in the impound lot will be demolished.
5. Call Mors Mutual Insurance and the same vehicle will also be replaced in your garage. Now drive the vehicle your mechanic purchased to your garage and replace a lower-end vehicle. Then get in the car that your insurance company sent, then head to Los Santos Customs and sell it.
Do you play "GTA 5 Online?" Were you able to perform this cheat? Leave a comment below.