If you've used Japanese Kana or Chinese keyboard before, the autocorrect (or auto-suggest) keyboard bar shouldn't be new to you. The autocorrect keyboard bar is an additional row on top of the standard system keyboard on your iPhone or iPad. As you type, the keyboard bar shows you word suggestion to speed up the typing.
By default, the autocorrect keyboard bar is not enabled in iOS 5. However, you can follow these instructions to tweak the settings and brings up the keyboard bar. No jailbreaking is required. The hack should work on normal iPhone running iOS 5.
Procedures to Enable iOS 5 Keyboard Bar
Note: The autocorrect keyboard bar is not officially released yet. Try out the hack at your own risk.
1. Backup your iPhone by syncing with iTunes
2. Download iBackupBot which is a tool that allows you to view, export and even edit iTunes backup files directly on computer.
3. Once downloaded, navigate to the most recent iTunes backup.
4. Go to Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and open the file.
5. Add in the following code:
6. Save the file and restore the iTunes backup by using iBackupBot.
If you're unfamiliar with iBackupBot or plist editing, don't bother with this hack. However, if you're adventurous, go ahead and try it out.
The original post was published on Simon Blog.