Rihanna is kicking off the weekend with her birthday! The “FourFiveSeconds” singer turned 28 Saturday, and to help celebrate we dug up 16 fun, cool and interesting facts about her. Check them out below.
1. Rihanna's parents chose to name her and her siblings with names that start with the letter "R." The Barbadian singer — whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty — has a brother named Rajad and a sister named Rorrey.
2. In high school, Rihanna was an Army cadet, and her sergeant was singer Shontelle, reports Popcrush.
3. The "Work" singer once admitted she wasn't a fan of school but said if she wasn't a pop star she would have studied psychology.
4. Everyone knows Rihanna can hold a tune, which probably explains why she loves karaoke so much. During an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," she said her go-to song is Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer."
5. In 2007, Rihanna won Gillette's Venus Breeze Celebrity Legs of a Goddess award. Shortly after receiving the honor, she insured her legs for $1 million.
6. Rihanna's 2005 song "Pon de Replay" was her breakout hit, but the pop star admitted in the past she wasn't a fan of the track at first.
7. The "B---- Better Have My Money" singer has over 20 tattoos, including a skull with a pink bow behind her ankle, a design of goddess Isis under her chest, an intricate Maori design on her hand she got done in New Zealand, the word "Love" on the inside of her right middle finger and the word "Shhh" on the inside of her right index finger. Rihanna got her first tattoo — two music notes on her foot — in 2006. She eventually covered it up with a falcon.
8. Rihanna is a pageant winner. Before becoming an international pop star, she won her high school's beauty pageant and was also crowned Miss Combermere for her rendition of Mariah Carey's "Hero."
9. Rihanna has a serious tour rider, and surprisingly it's filled with mostly junk food. During an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, the host revealed Rihanna asked for her dressing room to be stocked with red and white wine, vodka, soda, Frappuccinos, Oreos, hot Cheetos, regular Cheetos, Golden Grahams cereal, Cup Noodles and garlic olives. Rihanna said she normally doesn't eat the food but wants to be prepared.
10. She witnessed an exorcism at a friend's house in Barbados when she was a child. Rihanna is also terrified of Chateau Marmont in Hollywood because she believes it's haunted. The famous hotel was the setting for “American Horror Story: Hotel.”
11. In 2008 during an awards ceremony, former Barbados Prime Minister David Thompson declared Feb. 22 "Rihanna Day."
12. Fans might want to be on the lookout the next time they attend a Rihanna concert. The singer is known for sneaking into the crowd wearing an oversize hoodie and sunglasses.
13. Rihanna created the Believe Foundation in 2006 in order to help children around the world who are in need.
14. The singer once admitted her biggest fear is childbirth, according to MTV. However, Rihanna does hope to become a mother one day.
15. She also has a fear of fish and told Blender magazine in 2008 that a man had to lift her out of the water once because she had a panic attack when she looked down and saw a bunch of tiny fish swimming near her feet.
16. According to Harper's Bazaar, Rihanna's go-to fashion labels are Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford, Marchesa, Calvin Klein and Stella McCartney.