A new year could mean a new waist-size for many in 2012. From eating right and exercising to maybe even trying those new diet pills, there is a plethora of ways to shed the pounds. Why not do the easiest thing in 2012? Use a helpful app this year. Apple offers numerous digital work-out buddies that can help you reach your goal weight.
Here are the top 12 diet and weight loss apps to help you shed those pounds in 2012. Summer will be here before you know it.
Links are included for your convenience. So, if you see an app you like, download it with just a click of your mouse.
1. Nike Training Club (Free) - Do you think that a personal trainer is too expensive? Nike has solved that problem and it will cost you nothing. This app includes over 85 custom-built workouts, including 30-45 minute full-body workouts and 15 minute targeted and professional athlete workouts. As a bonus, you will get exclusive extra workouts from celebrities like Lea Michele and Shawn Johnson.
2. All-In Yoga (99 cents) - With over 300 poses, video and audio guides and 3D muscle models for every pose, you will be a yogi before you know it. Create your own sessions and get live help when needed with the tap of your finger.
3. Jillian Michaels Slim Down Solution (Free) - Jillian Michaels is one of the most sought after trainers in Hollywood. Get daily tips, slimming recipes, exercises with step-by-step videos and weekly podcasts for no cost at all.
4. P90X ($4.99) - Now, you can work out with P90X wherever you go. This app includes workout schedules, access to team BeachBody's online SuperGym to keep track of your progress, guided workouts and sharing capabilities.
5. Boot Camp Challenge ($3.99) - Veteran U.S. Army Trainer and Certified Personal Trainer Lori Patterson will take you through a challenging 18-day program that will get you fast and visible results. The boot camp features a combination of cardio, stretching and muscular endurance.
6. Fitness Buddy 1000 Exercises (99 cents) - The Fitness Buddy app features over 1000 unique exercises for all types of equipment along with full workout routines and body metrics tracking.
7. Nutrition Menu - Calorie, Exercise, Weight & Water Tracking (99 cents) - Losing weight requires you to watch what you eat. This app gives you access to nutritional information for over 93,000 food items. It allows you to choose healthy, delicious meals without breaking your diet. Keep track of your daily intake with a food journal and set personal goals.
8. Ab Workouts Pro (99 cents) - Who doesn't want a six-pack in 2012? Ab Workouts Pro was designed to help you get it. It features 20 ab exercises, custom workouts and your own personal trainer who you can email for assistance.
9. 5K Runner Start Running C25K (Free) - You will be able to run a 5K in no time. The 5K Runner will train you for 35-minutes, three-times-a-week for eight weeks. The intervals will gradually increase, building your fitness level. An audio coach will help you every step of the way.
10. Lose It! (Free) - The Lose It! app makes weight loss a success. Set your weight-goal and then plan a daily caloric limit to help you reach that goal. The average active Lose It! user has lost more than 12lbs and more than 85% of our active users have lost weight, according to FitNow.
11. East This, Not That ($4.99) - The Eat This, Not That app is a total no-diet, weight-loss solution. It provides thousands of simple food swap options, calorie counter and personalized weight loss plans. With over 13,000 menu items and 10,000 grocery products, eating healthier has never been so simple.
12. White Noise Pro ($2.99) - Since you absolutely cannot get your body into tip-top shape without adequate sleep, the White Noise Pro app is the perfect tool to use. Optimized for the iPad, this app allows you to create the perfect ambient sound environment for relaxation and/or sleep. It features of 40 ambient sounds, sound mixer, shutdown timers, alarms and a custom playlist capability.