Mama June Shannon hasn’t given up her fight against TLC. The former “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” reality star has been vocal in speaking out against the network since news broke that Josh Duggar, who stars on the hit TLC series “19 Kids and Counting,” had reportedly molested several children in the past.
According to People magazine, June believes it is unfair that TLC has not yet permanently pulled “19 Kids and Counting." The “Honey Boo Boo” matriarch told the magazine it was “a double standard” to allow the Duggar family, specifically Josh, to continue to appear on television after the admission of his guilt. She said TLC’s decision to temporarily remove “19 Kids” from their programming lineup is not enough, adding that “they need to be axed.”
“I believe it’s a double standard that if they’re gonna cancel out show because of rumors and stuff, that if they don’t cancel their show - and he did a whole lot more horrendous stuff than I would’ve ever thought about with my children - that’s just crazy,” she said.
This is the second time June has called on TLC to take action against the Duggar family. On May 21, she tweeted that the network not taking action was "f--ked up." As we previously reported, she was said to be considering suing TLC as a result of the situation. June claimed her family was down on their luck after being surprised with the cancelation of their hit series.
Her family’s show, "Here Comes Honey Boo," was pulled in October 2014 just hours after photos surfaced of her spending time with former boyfriend Mark McDaniel. Her former love interest had previously spent 10 years in prison for child molestation. It was later revealed that June's eldest daughter, Anna Cardwell, then 8, was his victim.
Josh, as well as several other members of the Duggar family, have spoken out about the molestation claims since the story broke on May 19. The 27 year old has since apologized for his behavior, saying he “acted inexcusably.” Still, a simple “I’m sorry” isn’t cutting it for several companies whose ads generally air during the show. Although TLC has yet to announce their official plans for “19 Kids," advertisers have continued to pull their ad campaigns.