Put down that Hot Pocket. Actually, it might be a good idea to throw it out, depending on which type of Hot Pocket it is. Nestle instituted a voluntary recall for two types of Hot Pockets after a larger meat recall was declared, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.
The giant Swiss food conglomerate (SIX:NESN) is recalling an unspecified amount of its "Philly Steak" and "Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese" Hot Pockets in certain sizes since their product might be affected by a meat recall by Rancho Feeding Corp., which happened last week.
Rancho is recalling more than 8.7 million pounds of beef products after it was determined to have processed diseased and unhealthy animals without a full Agriculture Department inspection. The products were deemed unhealthy for human consumption, but no illnesses have been reported to date.
The official USDA statement read: “Rancho Feeding Corporation, a Petaluma, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 8,742,700 pounds, because it processed diseased and unsound animals and carried out these activities without the benefit or full benefit of federal inspection.”
The following products are included in this recall, courtesy of CBS Baltimore:
• Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC4369507107, Batch numbers:
o 3021544512 with a best before date of March 2014
o 3029544512 with a best before date of March 2014
o 3197544512 with a best before date of September 2014
o 3240544512 with a best before date of October 2014
• Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC 4369505634, Batch numbers:
o 3211544512 with a best before date of September 2014
o 3248544512 with a best before date of November 2014
o 3283544512 with a best before date of December 2014
• Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 54 oz., UPC 4369507520, Batch numbers:
o 3022544513 with a best before date of March 2014
o 3191544512 with a best before date of September 2014
o 3224544512 with a best before date of October 2014
o 3254544512 with a best before date of November 2014
o 3268544512 with a best before date of November 2014
Concerned customers can call Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 392-4057 for additional information about the recall or visit the Giant Food website at http://www.giantfood.com.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella
Maria Vultaggio is a reporter for the Continuous News Desk (CND), where she covers trending topics and breaking news for the International Business Times....
- Is Tila Tequila’s Baby Daddy Jose Cuervo? Twitter Jokes About Her Child’s Unknown Father
- Emma Stone And Andrew Garfield ‘Fight’ Over Femininity Comment During ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Panel [VIDEO]
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Laura Prepon Season 3 Rumor: Will Alex Vause Return To 'OITNB' Full-Time?
- Amy's Baking Company Couldn't Be Helped On 'Kitchen Nightmares' By Gordon Ramsay, Producer Says