A man armed with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle walked into Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas, and fired at least two shots before being killed on Thursday.

The incident took place in the ticketing area before security, AP reports. The 30-year-old man entered Terminal B at 1:35 p.m. and fired at least one shot before a special agent confronted the gunman and told him to put down his weapon.

The Houston Chronicle reports that the alleged shooter is named Carnell Marcus Moore.

On Moore’s Facebook page, cryptic posts may allude to the shooting that took place.

On Wednesday, he posted the status “This Life Will Crash Tomorrow!” and the following on the day of the shooting: “45 minutes and 59 seconds in God's Shadow and Time Stops.”

He is listed as living in Beaumont, Texas, graduated from Lamar Institute of Technology and worked for an air conditioning and heating company.

"He was a friendly guy who talked to everybody," Tim Knobloch, 29, one of Moore's former classmates and co-workers, told the Chronicle. "He was a good guy."

A McDonald’s employee named Kendra who witnessed the incident says the suspect appeared suicidal.

"We just saw the dude walking in, and he was already suicidal because he put the gun to his head," Kendra told KHOU.

Passengers at the airport during the shooting took to Twitter to describe the scene.

“When we deplaned, hoards of people were running toward us screaming, ‘Gunshots fired! Go back!’” Rebecca McCormick, a travel journalist tweeted.

“My plane came in at terminal A, still stuck on the plane with air marshal escort needed to get passengers off,” conservative columnist Katie Pavlich tweeted.

Daily Relay editor Pat Price recounted his experience in an article written in the airport’s food court shortly after the shooting.

“I channel my inner Usain Bolt and sprint 20 yards to the nearest nook and dive into hiding with 10 of my closest new friends. One begins to pray,” he writes after hearing the shots. After 10 minutes, airport security screams at his group to hide in the restaurant coolers.

Greg Newburn, Florida project director for Families Against Mandatory Minimums, tweeted his relief once the incident was under control.

“That was terrifying. But it's over now. I'm safe. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Going to sign off for a bit,” he tweeted.