Hidden in the code of Facebook's iPhone app is the code for something else. Something everyone has been waiting over a year for. The iPad app.
Yes, it's real, and it's spectacular (well, very good, at the very least). And yes, it really is right there within the code. Even better, it's executable.
The hidden iPad app was first discovered by @AeroEchelon that you can modify a parameter of the latest version of Facebook's iPhone app and turn it into a full iPad version.
Procedures to Activate the Hidden Facebook App
If you can't wait for the official release, here is the guide showing how you can modify the parameter and enable the hidden Facebook app on your iPad.
1. First, same for any hack, you have to use a jailbroken iPad. If you haven't jailbroken your device, the easiest way is to use JailbreakMe to jailbreak it. Here is the detailed guide of JailbreakMe that walks you through the procedures.
2. Download the latest version of Facebook app on your iPad.
3. Launch cydia and install iFile
4. Launch iFile app and navigate to var -> mobile -> Applications
5. Tap on the lower-left button and set "Application Name" to ON. iFile then automatically interprets the unreadable folder name for you and turn them into application names.
6. Tap on the Facebook folder and then enter the Facebook.app folder.
7. Locate the Info.plist file and tap on it. Select "Property List Viewer".
8. Search for "UIDeviceFamily" and tap on it.
9. Change the value from "1″ to "2″ and tap "Done" when complete.
The final step is to reboot your iPad to effectuate the change. Once your iPad starts up, launch Facebook app and enjoy the iPad version!
What do you think about the hidden Facebook iPad app? Do you like the interface? Leave us comment and share your thought.
The iPad version of Facebook app is not officially released. There is always risk when you edit the application's internal parameter and the iPad version is still buggy. If you think it's too risky to change the setting, just leave it as it is and wait for the official iPad app.
Update #1: It appears that Facebook has disabled logins through the iPad version.
Update #2: You can now use FaceForward hack to fix the logon issue and access the iPad version of Facebook.
The original post was published here: How To Activate the Hidden Facebook App on iPad