The Easter Bunny is getting ready to come to town and that means it’s time to color eggs. But before that can be done, the eggs need to be cooked. Traditionally, people boil their Easter eggs in a pot of water on top of the stove, but there are other ways to cook the perfect ways. Two alternative methods are the microwave and in the oven.
Microwave Method via WikiHow.com:
1. Warning: Be careful. First, boil water in a bowl alone in the microwave. Fill the bowl so there’s enough water to cover the eggs, but making sure there’s an inch of room at the top. Heat for three minutes, or however long it takes create to big bubbles. Make sure to take out the bowl with oven mittens because it will be hot.
2. Pierce the shell of the egg with a small, sharp object like a paper clip, thumbtack or needle on the long side of the egg. Place in the water with the whole facing the top so the egg yolk doesn’t leak out.
3. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes and be sure to check on the egg. If it explodes, it cooked for too long.
4. Take the eggs out of the bowl and run cool water on top of them.
Oven Method via Food.com:
Place oven racks in the center of the oven and preheat it to 325 degrees.
2. Place the eggs on the racks.
3. Put a cookie sheet at the bottom, just in case they cook too long and explode.
4. Cook for 30 minutes.
5. When they’re done cooking, place in cool water.
For those who prefer the traditional method of cooking eggs for Easter, click here to read tips on how to boil eggs perfectly.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella