Beyoncé’s Formation World Tour is mostly sold out, except for a few tickets that are going for nearly $1,000, but that doesn’t mean fans have to miss out. There’s one more chance to see the “Lemonade” star perform in real life and you don’t have to drop a grand to do so, thanks to American Express’s partnership with Uber.
Anyone who had an AmEx card was able to buy presale tickets, and now anyone who downloads the Uber app will get a chance to see Beyoncé perform. They will also get a free Uber trip to and from the venue.
Here’s how to enter:
- First, download the Uber iOS or Android app.
- Then, enter the code “FORMATIONAMEX” into the Uber app, which will unlock the special “FORMATION” view
- Next, request a ride in the “FORMATION” view. Make sure to do this on the time and day of the Formation World Tour show that is nearest your location.
- The lucky user who gets connected with a “FORMATION” ride will be picked up and driven to the concert venue for free. The Uber driver will have your Beyoncé tickets/
- When the show is over, request an uberX for your free ride home.
“Most people know Uber as a convenient and affordable way to get from A to B. But it is these types of surprise-and-delight opportunities — like the opportunity to see Beyoncé live — that make the Uber experience truly unique,” Amy Friedlander Hoffman, Uber's head of business development and experiential marketing, said in statement. "We’re beyond thrilled to team up with American Express to offer riders complimentary access to the sold-out Formation World Tour."
"We are obsessed with delivering unparalleled experiences in unique and memorable ways," Deborah Curtis, vice president of global experiential marketing at American Express, said in a press release. "We have longstanding relationships with both Beyoncé and Uber, and are excited to bring them together for the Formation World Tour through this unique integration that represents the intersection of music access and mobile technology."
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella