The luxurious Gili Lankanfushi Maldives resort (pictured above) has one guiding philosophy: "No news, no shoes." In other words, leave your worries at home and relax as you're pampered in this stunning paradise. Guests stay in one of 44 suites that stand on stilts in perfect turquoise waters -- yet every amenity and luxury, including personal attendants and chefs, are available to them. No wonder it's been crowned the best hotel in the world in TripAdvisor's 2015 annual hotel rankings, released this week.
The Travelers' Choice list is the 13th annual compiled by review web site TripAdvisor. The rankings were determined by millions of traveler reviews and ratings collected by the site throughout the year. The awards include top overall hotels in the world and in the United States (The Langham Chicago), alongside top winners in categories ranging from the best bargain hotel in the U.S. (Seacoast Inn in Hyannis, Massachusetts) to the top luxury hotel in the world (The Place Luxury Boutique Villas in Ko Tao, Thailand) to the best hotel for romance in the U.S. (Inn on Oak Creek in Sedona, Arizona).
Top 10 Hotels In The World
1. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
2. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3. Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap, Cambodia
4. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Place, Budapest, Hungary
5. Belmont Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco, Peru
6. Cocoa Island by COMO, Maldives
7. Hotel Alpin Spa Tuxerhof, Tux, Austria
8. Al Maha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9. St. Hubertus Hotel, Gramado, Brazil
10. Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru
Top 10 Hotels in the U.S.
1. The Langham Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
2. The French Quarter Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
3. Bardessono, Yountville, California
4. The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, California
5. Old Edwards Inn and Spa, Highlands, North Carolina
6. The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Oregon
7. 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, Bentonville, Arkansas
8. Villas of Grand Cypress, Orlando, Florida
9. Tivoli Lodge, Vail, Colorado
10. The Inn at Lost Creek, Telluride, Colorado