Here is a slideshow of 10 photos of events from around the world over the past 24 hours, selected by International Business Times editors:
1. Pope Francis made a three-day trip to the Middle East and visited the wall that divides Israel from the West Bank that Palestinians see as a symbol of Israeli oppression.
2. A family member mourns the death of 20-year-old UCSB student Christopher Michael-Martinez, who was one of the victims killed by Elliot Rodger.
3. U.S. President Barack Obama made a surprise visit to Afghanistan, his first visit to the country since 2012.
4. Coup leader General Prayuth Chan-ocha announced that Thailand's king had endorsed him as head of the military council that will run the country.
5. Presidential elections were held in Ukraine on Sunday, while some eastern cities were reportedly attacked by armed separatist fighters, who kept polling stations shut.
6. Egyptians voted on the first day of the presidential elections in Cairo on Monday.
7. Kenya's Silas Kiplagat won against three-time USA Road Mile champion, David Torrence, in the men's 4x1500 meters race, setting a new world record in the event during the IAAF World Relays Championships in Nassau, Bahamas on Sunday.
8. A mock coffin is carried out by Shi'ite pilgrims in Baghdad's Kadhimiya district in Iraq as a symbolic funeral marking the death anniversary of Imam Moussa al-Kadhim.
9. Officials sort ballot papers after the European Parliament elections concluded on Sunday.
10. Soldiers block protesters against military rule at a shopping district in central Bangkok on Sunday, while the military in Thailand tightens its grip.