Jailbreak app developer Grant Paul, who goes by the Twitter handle @chpwn, has released a jailbreak tweak called Firebreak that enables the Panorama mode in iOS 5. It does require a jailbroken iOS 5 device with a built in gyroscope.
Chpwn, the developer behind jailbreak apps like Infiniboard, Infinidock,Infinifolder, ProSwitcher, VoiceActivator, tweeted the availability of Firebreak on Cydia:
Firebreak (enable the hidden iOS 5 panorama) is now out in Cydia! (Also, a quick appslide update for Notification Center issues is out.)
Earlier, another developer and hacker with Twitter handle @conradev posted on Twitter saying that he had figured out a hidden panorama mode in the iOS 5 camera app.
According to an iPhone Hacks report, the jailbreak tweak enables the Panorama mode by setting 'EnableFirebreak' to YES in com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist.
How to Manually Enable Panorama Mode?
The hidden Panorama mode on the iOS 5 can also be enabled by editing a plist value via iFile. iDownloadBlog has created a video tutorial showing how to enable the hidden feature in the iOS 5 camera app.
Watch the video below:
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open iFile and Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
- Tap com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist and then select Property List Viewer
- Tap the + button in the bottom right-hand corner
- Type EnableFirebreak in the Name field and then select Boolean in the Type field
- Tap Create in the upper right-hand corner, turn the switch to on for EnableFirebreak and then tap Done.
- Exit iFile, and respring your device
- Open the Camera app, tap options and tap Panorama
The new Firebreak jailbreak tweak is much simpler to use than enabling the Panorama mode manually.